Old 03-31-2021, 11:32 AM   #2921
nofish
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by napochan View Post
Maybe this obvious to most users, but how do I remove an old version of SWS extensions so I can upgrade to the latest version?

I can install SWS v2.12.1 #3 but when I run Reaper (v6.25), it says several versions are installed and to remove the extra versions, but I don't know which files to remove and whether that will prevent Reaper from running.

Would appreciate some guidance so I don't wreck things and can enjoy the latest SWS features.
TIA
Are you on Windows, Mac, Linux?
If Windows:
- In Reaper, run action 'Show REAPER resource path in explorer'.
- close REAPER
- within the folder that opened from step 1, enter the 'Plugins' folder
- remove reaper_sws64.dll from there
- restart REAPER, it should now pick up the correct (latest) one (install location changed from 'Plugins' folder to 'UserPlugins' for the latest version).
- You can check if Reaper sees the correct version via Extensions menu > About SWS Extension, it should say Version 2.12.1.3
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:51 PM   #2922
napochan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Are you on Windows, Mac, Linux?
If Windows:
- In Reaper, run action 'Show REAPER resource path in explorer'.
- close REAPER
- within the folder that opened from step 1, enter the 'Plugins' folder
- remove reaper_sws64.dll from there
- restart REAPER, it should now pick up the correct (latest) one (install location changed from 'Plugins' folder to 'UserPlugins' for the latest version).
- You can check if Reaper sees the correct version via Extensions menu > About SWS Extension, it should say Version 2.12.1.3
Thanks nofish! That seemed to work.

I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit. I think the problem stemmed from having two paths for resources; one under Program Files... and another under user AppData/Reaper...
napochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:26 PM   #2923
nofish

Nice to hear it worked, you're welcome.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:30 AM   #2924
UknownSource

awesome

thanks@!!
UknownSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:24 AM   #2925
Swi

Hello there,
I have been asking for a way to record takes without splits from th beginning of my Reaper journey. I just found this command from SWS that basically does what I want.

SWS/AW: Record Conditional (normal or time selection only, automatically group simultaneously recorded items) (deprecated)

I discovered this because I record 10 tracks of drums (most often) and other multi track recording where I was looking for the auto grouping funtion which is fantastic.

So there are a few conditions where this action does what I want.

I do not loop record very often so this is my "record" command that I set up

Custom: Record
Time selection: Remove time selection
Xenakios/SWS: Set selected tracks record armed
SWS/AW: Record Conditional (normal/time selection/item selection, automatically group simultaneously recorded items) (deprecated)
Item: Disable default fadein/fadeout

Now assuiming I always record from the same place there are no split and everything gets recorded into takes which is amazing frankly. However I need to set up a different "record" command for loop record or I have to get used to creating a time selection of where I want to record to use this without the "remove time selection" bit.

Also and perhaps most importantly, if I decide to record from a little earlier on any take but the first then I have splits that I don't need again and have to do clean up after I am done with the recordings for that spot.

I love having this command and need it for it's grouping function but recording directly into takes without splits was an OMG moment for me. I have been waiting for this for a long time.

Is there a way that if I decided to record a later take in front of the original start position that it would go directly into a take and pad the space forward on the previous takes?

Many many thanks.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:32 PM   #2926
nofish

^ All the 'Record Conditional (normal/time selection/item selection, automatically group simultaneously recorded items)' action does is check if there's a time or item selection present and then set Reaper's recording mode according to it (and group afterwards).
Would be similar to manually rightclicking Reaper's record button and set it there.

Other than that it doesn't alter Reaper's recording behaviour.

Note sure if that answers your question?
Old 04-19-2021, 06:01 PM   #2927
Swi

Well then the unexpected by product is also that it records directly into takes (without the splits) when the "options/New recording that overlaps existing media itmes" is set to "splits existing items and creates new takes" (These are the splits that I do not want btw)

I like and need the grouping function but having it record takes without splits is awesome and something i have been trying to get the devs to do for a long time.

To reproduce.
Set a 1 bar time selection and arm a track, then use
SWS/AW: Record Conditional (normal or time selection only, automatically group simultaneously recorded items) (deprecated)
as your record command.

now repeate a few recordings of different lengths starting from the same position. You should find that even though there are recordings of differently lengths there are no splits.

It also works without a time seleciton but the itme length will only appear to be as long as the first take when recording the second and third takes.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:53 AM   #2928
Lopez

Hi,

in SWS -> Resources -> Themes [x]

I can setup as many themes as I want - good so far!
However, via "Actions" (see "Action list") there are only the first 4 themes loadable

Furthermore, there are no actions for cycling through the list, only non-sws actions are there ("Switch to next color theme") but it's cycling through _all_ existing themes, not just the "selected" ones in SWS->Resources->Themes

Long story short: My feature requests, please add:

* "Load theme slot 5" up to "slot 10" (or even more?)
* "Load next theme slot" and "Load previous theme slot"

FAQ:

Q: Why you need 10 theme slots to load?

A: There are so many themes out there, and famous ones even have forks (e.g. RADO, WT Imperial, Hydra,...) and some of them also even have different variations (light/dark, Normal/FullHD/4k/Retina or just color variations) - the only way to load them is via Options -> Themes -> Select theme here. That's not pretty handy at all, at least cycling through a selected portion (via toolbar button) would be helpful! But this requires these not-yet-existing actions

Thanks for your attention!
Old 04-20-2021, 10:48 AM   #2929
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
* "Load theme slot 5" up to "slot 10" (or even more?)
You can set it in S&M.ini file:
- in Reaper, run action: Show REAPER resource path in explorer
- quit Reaper
- open S&M.ini from the folder that opened via step 1 in a text editor
- locate S&M_LOAD_THEME=4 entry in the [NbOfActions] section and change it to your liking (e.g. S&M_LOAD_THEME=10)
- save, restart Reaper, additional load theme slot actions should appear.

(Note that section [ColorThemes] Max_slot= entry is also relevant here, if you want to have more slots in the Resources window.)
Old 04-20-2021, 11:18 AM   #2930
Lopez

Quote:
You can set it in S&M.ini file:

(Note that section [ColorThemes] Max_slot= entry is also relevant here, if you want to have more slots in the Resources window.)
If I do so, I can use it for myself, but I cannot share it with others, as long as they do not also make the change for themselves :/

However, thanks for the info, will try a bit!
Old 04-23-2021, 12:00 PM   #2931
garygiles63

Default S&M Notes Window on a PC

HI

How do I make the font bigger on the S&M Notes Window on a PC?

Regards
Gary
garygiles63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:14 PM   #2932
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygiles63 View Post
HI

How do I make the font bigger on the S&M Notes Window on a PC?

Regards
Gary
Click lock icon on the left up corner then resize the window.
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:42 AM   #2933
garygiles63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
Click lock icon on the left up corner then resize the window.
HI

I'm afraid the amount of text doesn't make it practical to resize the window. There must be a way to just increase the font size?

Regards
Gary
garygiles63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:28 AM   #2934
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygiles63 View Post
HI

I'm afraid the amount of text doesn't make it practical to resize the window. There must be a way to just increase the font size?

Regards
Gary
Requested but currently not possible unfortunately.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:35 AM   #2935
Rodilab

Hi

Why the marker_lane and tempo_lane detected by BR_GetMouseCursorContext() seems to be shifted?
Especially the marker_lane: Reaper mouse is on a marker, but BR_GetMouseCursorContext() returns tempo_lane.

Yellow: Tempo lane
Red: Marker lane
Green: Region lane

I use MacOS 10.15 (but it's the same on Windows 10 x64)

Last edited by Rodilab; 05-18-2021 at 03:48 AM.
Rodilab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:02 AM   #2936
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodilab View Post
Why the marker_lane and tempo_lane detected by BR_GetMouseCursorContext() seems to be shifted?
Especially the marker_lane: Reaper mouse is on a marker, but BR_GetMouseCursorContext() returns tempo_lane.
It hasn't been updated to v5.65's new dynamic lane heights. It's a known issue: https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/916.

I tried fixing it before, but couldn't come up with way to perfectly calculate the height of each lane based only on the total ruler height (+ the various customization settings).
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:45 AM   #2937
Rodilab

Thanks for the explanation.
Too bad, because this tool is really useful.

By the way, small suggestion:
It would be useful to add take marker hovered detection. I don't know if it's possible
Rodilab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #2938
Phazma

I asked this in another thread and got no answer... hope this is the right place to ask it.

If I got this right, when the checkbox "Prevent UI refresh" is active Cycle Actions should run through without updating the Reaper UI (so multiple processes can happen in a row without flickering).

However with the Cycle Action I use this seems not to be the case:

Is this user error, a bug, or just misunderstanding on my side of what "Prevent UI refresh" means?
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:50 AM   #2939
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
Is this user error, a bug, or just misunderstanding on my side of what "Prevent UI refresh" means?
From implementation side it means that when having that box ticked, before executing a cycle action, PreventUIRefresh API function is called to enable it, and afterwards called again to disable it.

If something isn't obeyed by this (as seen in your pic) I think the issue is rather on Reaper side than on SWS side.
To check you could make a script like:

Code:
reaper.PreventUIRefresh(1)
reaper.Main_OnCommand(41679, 0) -- Open/close toolbar 1
reaper.Main_OnCommand(41681, 0) -- Open/close toolbar 3
reaper.PreventUIRefresh(-1)
and if you get same flickering it'd be on Reaper side.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:04 PM   #2940
Phazma

Thanks for explaining.

Quote:
and if you get same flickering it'd be on Reaper side.
Indeed it still flickers also as a script.. guess I am once again doing specific edge-case stuff which Reaper doesn't want me to do.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:25 PM   #2941
earhax

Default some bugs I found with various SWS Extension actions

Some bugs I've noticed recently with SWS actions:

'SWS/BR: Copy selected points in selected envelope to all visible record-armed envelopes in selected tracks paste at edit cursor': copies a minimum value point to a max value point on all envelopes, and only copied one point out of 2 selected.

'SWS/S&M: Copy/Cut FX chain (depending on focus)' and 'SWS/S&M: Paste FX chain (depending on focus)': paste copied/cut FX chain from item to track deletes all items on track (inconsistent/intermittent bug).

'SWS/S&M: Toggle selected FX bypass for selected tracks': only toggles bypass on one selected fx instead of all selected.
(workaround: system preferences keyboard shortcut for menu item (macOS), works for both item FX and track FX when viewing FX chain windows)

There are some other bugs I came across too but forgot to make note of them at the time. I'll post more if I run into them again.

And in case it might help with any of the bugs, here's my system info:

Hardware Configuration:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 185.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.45f0

System Software Overview:
System Version: macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)
Kernel Version: Darwin 16.7.0
Boot Volume: OSX
Boot Mode: Normal

REAPER v6.13/64 rev 2252ae (Jul 22 2020)
SWS v2.12.1.3 Darwin x86_64 (Feb 6 2021)
earhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:29 PM   #2942
earhax

Default "previewing" items with item/take FX?

Also, is it possible, either using an SWS action or otherwise (ReaScript), to preview a selected item/items through any item/take FX they may have instead of just through the track FX?

I've been using the action 'Xenakios/SWS: Preview selected media item through track'. It's really useful! But I wish it would preview with any item/take FX (including FX automation) on the item as it does with any volume/pan/pitch envelopes.

And if it would also somehow be possible to do the same sort of thing ("previewing" selected items, or playing them without running the transport) to play not just one, but multiple selected items together (as if using the transport to play, and the items were item soloed), that would be a fantastic solution to a problem I've been facing in a lot of my recent work!

Thank you, SWS crew, for some really amazing and helpful extensions!
Old 06-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #2943
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by earhax View Post
'SWS/BR: Copy selected points in selected envelope to all visible record-armed envelopes in selected tracks paste at edit cursor': copies a minimum value point to a max value point on all envelopes, and only copied one point out of 2 selected.

'SWS/S&M: Copy/Cut FX chain (depending on focus)' and 'SWS/S&M: Paste FX chain (depending on focus)': paste copied/cut FX chain from item to track deletes all items on track (inconsistent/intermittent bug).
Couldn't duplicate that, can you share a .gif or text instructions to trigger these two issues? (Also, individual bug reports are easier to track long-term on the issue tracker instead of one forum post.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by earhax View Post
'SWS/S&M: Toggle selected FX bypass for selected tracks': only toggles bypass on one selected fx instead of all selected.
(workaround: system preferences keyboard shortcut for menu item (macOS), works for both item FX and track FX when viewing FX chain windows)
That's the intended behavior: "Selected FX" (singular) in SWS refer to the track's last open FX. It's unrelated to the selection state in the FX chain's user interface. However there's been some progress toward changing that (https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1443).

Last edited by cfillion; 06-05-2021 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 01:55 AM   #2944
earhax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Couldn't duplicate that, can you share a .gif or text instructions to trigger these two issues? (Also, individual bug reports are easier to track long-term on the issue tracker instead of one forum post.)

That's the intended behavior: "Selected FX" (singular) in SWS refer to the track's last open FX. It's unrelated to the selection state in the FX chain's user interface. However there's been some progress toward changing that (https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1443).
Okay. Thanks for the info! If I can still repro the first two I'll put them and the repro details in the issue tracker.

BTW, do you know anything about the preview action, or if it would be possible to do something like I was asking about in my second post?
Old 06-08-2021, 10:18 PM   #2945
Pink Wool

Can the "SWS: Toggle ruler red while recording" color be changed?
Pink Wool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:52 AM   #2946
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Wool View Post
Not currently, it's hardcoded (https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/bl...Color.cpp#L734).
Old 06-10-2021, 02:38 AM   #2947
Pink Wool

Quote:
Ok. Too bad!

Thanks for the info anyway!
Old 06-23-2021, 01:17 PM   #2948
Reflected

is there a way to export all snapshots for selected track ?
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:42 PM   #2949
brk303

I'm using SWS marker actions, and I've noticed that Reaper sometimes just plays over marker which has a command to stop playback.

So it should stop every time play cursor reaches the marker position, but in some cases it just keeps on playing.

I have a feeling it happens when there is more cpu usage, as if marker processing is lower priority and gets skipped if it's not processed in time.

Anyone else noticed this ?

BTW, where does one report SWS bugs, directly to github issues ?

Last edited by brk303; 07-09-2021 at 11:47 PM.
brk303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #2950
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk303 View Post
BTW, where does one report SWS bugs, directly to github issues ?
Yes, here:
https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues
Old 09-03-2021, 03:07 AM   #2951
Daodan

Hi. Is it possible to add "frozen" in Filter list in Auto Color/Icon/Layout?

Reaper have no indication on frozen tracks, so with this feature we'll be able to automatically add special icon to frozen tracks (snowflake for example) to make them stand out.

This came to my mind after I watched this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yhCtATxIq4&t=168s
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:44 AM   #2952
Wallaby

Default Not working

Copied all files into the suggested folders, started Reaper, nothing appears, No extensions menu.
MacBook Air M1, BigSur.
Anyone got this working ? Just wondering...
Wallaby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:44 AM   #2953
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daodan View Post
This came to my mind after I watched this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yhCtATxIq4&t=168s
He says, the icon is added, when the track is frozen.

But I understand the icon is added, when the track is being frozen, and it's not removed any more.

Is there any difference between a track that has been frozen and a track that has the same (the "frozen") audio item from the beginning ? I.e. can you detect that the current state of a track has been provided by a freeing action and not by something else ?
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:10 AM   #2954
gsbe

How do you apply a collection of SWS actions to an entire folder of audio files? Thanks!
gsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:37 AM   #2955
Edison

Default Text

Quote:
It hasn't been updated to v5.65's new dynamic lane heights. It's a known issue: https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/916.

I tried fixing it before, but couldn't come up with way to perfectly calculate the height of each lane based only on the total ruler height (+ the various customization settings).

Hi cfillion,

template_sws2.12.1.3 (See pic)

Best regards,

Last edited by Edison; 04-26-2023 at 07:37 PM.
Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:56 AM   #2956
Pink Wool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Wool View Post
Any chance we could get this "updated"?
Old 09-08-2021, 07:28 AM   #2957
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison View Post
Hi cfillion,

template_sws2.12.1.3 (See pic)

Best regards,
The picture just shows two actions, what about them?
Old 09-08-2021, 09:49 AM   #2958
nofish

I think it's a heads up that it's supposed to say 'Go to...' rather than 'Goto...'?

edit:
Corrected for next SWS version.

Last edited by nofish; 09-09-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:25 PM   #2959
Edison

Quote:
The picture just shows two actions, what about them?
I was referring to the text of both actions, error typing. Should be 'Go to/select...' and not 'Goto/select...'

Best regards,
Old 09-10-2021, 06:06 AM   #2960
mozart999uk

Any chance this might be looked at for the next release?

https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1512
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote