Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 08-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
SamGuitar91
Human being with feelings

Default Question About Waves Plugins In Linux

Hello everyone,

So I've been still a Windows 10 user just for Steam games, but I'd love to know if Reaper for Linux has full support for WAVES plugins?

I ask because I have a few torrented copies of these plugins, but want to buy the real deal plugins lately since they're slightly on sale, but wanted to make sure that they actually work in Linux before I go ahead and try it out.

The plugins in particular that I would like in Reaper Linux would be:

SSL G-EQ
V-Comp
VEQ-4
SSL G-Master Bus Compressor

Thanks!

Also, I plan on buying the Reaper license fully too soon as well so thanks for all the great times in terms of mixing. Still my favorite DAW to this day.
SamGuitar91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:01 PM   #2
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGuitar91 View Post
Hello everyone,

So I've been still a Windows 10 user just for Steam games, but I'd love to know if Reaper for Linux has full support for WAVES plugins?

I ask because I have a few torrented copies of these plugins, but want to buy the real deal plugins lately since they're slightly on sale, but wanted to make sure that they actually work in Linux before I go ahead and try it out.

The plugins in particular that I would like in Reaper Linux would be:

SSL G-EQ
V-Comp
VEQ-4
SSL G-Master Bus Compressor

Thanks!

Also, I plan on buying the Reaper license fully too soon as well so thanks for all the great times in terms of mixing. Still my favorite DAW to this day.

https://blog.inagaki.in/en/linux-waves-plugins-en/

Because Wine has some missing parts as compared to Windows (ie Robocopy, reg entries, some dll's etc) some things need to be installed and setup.

Basic Install Procedure for Waves Central/64bit Waves plugins using LinVst would be

1: Install Wine Staging

2: Install the mfc42 and mfc42u 32bit dll overrides into ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64 (and optionally add the dll names in winecfg's Libraries tab)

3: Install rktools.exe (Robocopy from Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools)

4: Install the mfc140.dll override into ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 (and optionally add the dll names in winecfg's Libraries tab)

5: Import Waves.reg (in LinVst's Waves folder) into regedit

6: Install Waves Central

7: The vst 64 bit dll to wrap is WaveShellxxxxxx.dll in ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VSTPlugIns/ (there might be more than one WaveShellxxxxxx.dll depending on additional Waves plugins installs)

7: A dialog box will popup (asking for a path) the first time a Waves V10 plugin is run,
descend into the path by double clicking on ( C: )
and then double click on Program Files (x86) (or Program Files if Plug-Ins V10 can't be found)
and then double click on Waves
and then just highlight Plug-Ins V10 with a single click (don't descend into it)
and then finish by clicking on open.

Tested Waves Central and Waves C1 and C4 and C360 and API-560 and Abbey Road Plates and Bass Slapper(1GB samples) plugins with Wine Staging version 3.x and 4.x and Debian Stretch/Sid (other non Debian based systems not tested).

Waves VST3 API-560 and Abbey Road Plates plugins tested with LinVst3 and DDMF Metaplugin VST3 to VST2 wrapper and Wine Staging 4.x and Debian Stretch/Sid.

Last edited by osxmidi; 08-24-2019 at 10:13 PM.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #3
matyas

I'm having issues getting Reaper to recognize a Waves plugin using LinVst.

The plugin in question (J37) was successfully installed and the license transferred to my Linux machine.

I ran LinVst convert on the plugin and it succeeded. I then added the directory where the plugin (both the original .dll and the .so from LinVST) lives to my VST plug-in path in Reaper and ran Clear cache/re-scan. The Waves logo briefly flashes on the screen, but Reaper doesn't detect the plugin.

Any suggestions? I'm a newbie with regards to running Windows plugins in Linux.

Wine Staging 4.11, Ubuntu 18.04 with kxstudio and Ubuntu Studio repos.
matyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:28 PM   #4
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by matyas View Post
I'm having issues getting Reaper to recognize a Waves plugin using LinVst.

The plugin in question (J37) was successfully installed and the license transferred to my Linux machine.

I ran LinVst convert on the plugin and it succeeded. I then added the directory where the plugin (both the original .dll and the .so from LinVST) lives to my VST plug-in path in Reaper and ran Clear cache/re-scan. The Waves logo briefly flashes on the screen, but Reaper doesn't detect the plugin.

Any suggestions? I'm a newbie with regards to running Windows plugins in Linux.

Wine Staging 4.11, Ubuntu 18.04 with kxstudio and Ubuntu Studio repos.

It's ok on my setup.

Did the dialog box come up?

Descend into the path by double clicking on C:
and then double click on Program Files (x86) (or Program Files if Plug-Ins V10 can't be found)
and then double click on Waves
and then just highlight Plug-Ins V10 with a single click (don't descend into it)
and then finish by clicking on open.

Is Reapers vst path set to scan ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VSTPlugIns

Is the WaveShellxxxxxxxx.dll plugin in ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VSTPlugIns wrapped ok.

Are the lin-vst-serverxxxxx files installed into /usr/bin

You might have to do a Waves dialog reset and then do a Reaper clear cache and scan and then do the dialog routine above.

(If a dialog doesn't appear then WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.so needs to be deleted from ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VSTPlugIns and text files need to be deleted rm *.txt in ~/.wine/drive_c/users/"LinuxUserName"/Application Data/Waves Audio/Preferences and then do the above).

I also installed a msvcp140.dll 64 bits override (don't know if it's really needed) and some Waves plugins might need a mfc140.dll 64 bits override.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:38 AM   #5
Codesound

Hi,

I tryed to install waves central following this guide:

BUT

unfortunately WavesCentral required Powershell, and Powershell required Windows Management Framework 5.1 and I dont understand how to install it...

I found this guide:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powers ... wershell-6

and

I downloaded the Win8.1-KB3191564-x86.msu

but I don't understand ho to install it....

Can someone help me please?

Thanks....
Codesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:46 AM   #6
Codesound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codesound View Post
Hi,

I tryed to install waves central following this guide:

BUT

unfortunately WavesCentral required Powershell, and Powershell required Windows Management Framework 5.1 and I dont understand how to install it...

I found this guide:

and

I downloaded the Win8.1-KB3191564-x86.msu

but I don't understand ho to install it....

Can someone help me please?

Thanks....
Hi.....

I answer myself .... WavesCentral uses Powershell and this cannot be managed by wine ....

https://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=20451

Thanks.....
Codesound is offline   Reply With Quote