Old 10-17-2019, 12:22 AM   #1
IanRJ
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper & GR4 - No Sound to GR4?

Hi Folks, new here and still finding my feet with both apps.

I have GR4 working standalone on my PC (64bit) with my guitar going in through a USB to my PC. Sound is fine and in and out through my Realtek Speakers.

I can successfully open GR4 through Reaper (new installation of Reaper yesterday so up to date) but it seems GR4 is no longer receiving the guitar signal, therefore no recording in Reaper, and no dry signal reaching Reaper either.

I have the In and Outputs in Reaper set-up exactly as I have them in standalone GR4, yet no signal.

Probably a very basic problem but in a search, I didn't see this question raised yet?

Suggestions would be very well received - thanks in advance.

Ian
IanRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
zeekat

Looks like a case of misconfigured audio device in Reaper. And your mention of plugging guitar with USB (is it one of the guitar-link cables?) and listening with Realtek chip makes the setup look suboptimal in general, input and output should be in one device(low latency ASIO is supposed to work that way).
Old 10-18-2019, 02:26 AM   #3
IanRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
Looks like a case of misconfigured audio device in Reaper. And your mention of plugging guitar with USB (is it one of the guitar-link cables?) and listening with Realtek chip makes the setup look suboptimal in general, input and output should be in one device(low latency ASIO is supposed to work that way).
I have a Beringer cable, the signal is fine with GR4 standalone version, both in from the usb and out via the Realtek.

How would you suggest I modify the routing to have the signal run through Reaper? Seems Reaper is getting no guitar signal at all?
Old 10-18-2019, 02:36 AM   #4
DarkStar

Can you post a few screenshots?
How to post screenshots (in Post #2)

-- of the I/O settings in GR4 standalone
-- of the Audio Input settings in Reaper's Preferences
How to describe your hardware set-up (in Post #3)

On the Reaper track where you loaded GR4 plug-in: run though "3.39 REAPER Audio Recording Checklist" in the Uaer Guide, in particular the Track Settings.

------------------
And hello and welcome to these forums. You'll find many helpful people here and a lot of useful information. Make sure that you:
Old 10-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #5
IanRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Can you post a few screenshots?
How to post screenshots (in Post #2)

-- of the I/O settings in GR4 standalone
-- of the Audio Input settings in Reaper's Preferences
How to describe your hardware set-up (in Post #3)

On the Reaper track where you loaded GR4 plug-in: run though "3.39 REAPER Audio Recording Checklist" in the Uaer Guide, in particular the Track Settings.

------------------
And hello and welcome to these forums. You'll find many helpful people here and a lot of useful information. Make sure that you:
Thanks to all. I was on the wrong track with the Realtek card. One I had both in and out on the same card it works fine, if rather noisy.

Cheers all