Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #121
whis4ey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
As I understand it, only from the OPs server does it not play in Chrome.
Not true ... read earlier posts
Quote:
But those do not link to the same file
Yes they do ... one of them encoded from Audacity and one from Reaper
Unfortunately, you guys are getting way too technical for me, and appear to be overly critical of my lack of knowledge or ability to respond to questions which, quite frankly, I do not understand
I am therefore withdrawing my permission for any more publication of my links. I have withdrawn the originals and now request Ollie to delete them from the subsequent 'quotation' links
whis4ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #122
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whis4ey View Post
Not true ... read earlier posts

Unfortunately, you guys are getting way too technical for me, and appear to be overly critical of my lack of knowledge or ability to respond to questions which, quite frankly, I do not understand
I am therefore withdrawing my permission for any more publication of my links. I have withdrawn the originals and now request Ollie to delete them from the subsequent 'quotation' links
I wouldn't be so thin skinned. You have a large number of people expending lots of their time trying to help you far and beyond what most people would. However, removal of permission noted, over and out. Good luck.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #123
gofer
-blänk-

I do not understand that reaction as well. People are going out of their way to get to the root of your issue. I wonder what exactly it is that you don't like about that.

I updated Chrome (knowing it might hose it's mp3 player to a certain point) and can confirm this:

In my old version your file played, in the new version it doesn't. That seems to be a direct indication that Google messed something up with their embedded mp3 player somewhere between version 8.0.552.224 and the current.

Glad that I don't really use that browser, otherwise I'd be pretty pissed now.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #124
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whis4ey View Post
So it's not the same.

But all that doesn't matter now anyway.
Good luck with your Reapering and mp3'ing and whatever...
Old 12-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #125
gehauser

I have the latest Chrome, and xmasreap.mp3 won't play in it, nor will any mp3s I create with Reaper-LAME. They all work in IE.

FYI, Fabian, when I upload the xmasreap.mp3 to my server and link to it there, it still won't play in my Chrome. Probably not a server issue (not a proof, just not likely) as it won't play on OP's server or mine.

It's probably a Chrome issue, since the old Chrome opened it and our new Chromes will not (many thanks to gofer who posted that).

I persisted on with this thread because I had to have a fix, because I create Reaper-Lame-encoded mp3s and put them on the web, and my clients use Chrome to review them. I found the workaround (use mp3 file Properties to edit and save the mp3) so I am happy until Google can patch up the mp3-player in the latest Chrome.

I appreciate the input of everyone on this - you guys are a tenacious bunch. Thanks to whis4ey for the original post. I found this thread as I was researching this problem, and I now have a workaround. Cheers!
gehauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:43 AM   #126
whis4ey

My understanding is that the problem here has been identified already
Reaper is referring us to a new edition of Lame which seems to have issues with the previous version, and the files encoded with it do not play in Chrome. There are various suggestions as to why, and it is something to be sorted out by the three programs concerned
I already have a solution ... I encode my mp3 files using Audacity
I am eternally grateful to all of those posters who took interest in this problem (the number of replies and visits to the thread speak for themselves) and identified the issues which I could never have done
My feeling simply is that there is absolutely no need to go back over everything once again, which,to me, seems to be what is happening
It is now up to Reaper, Lame and Google (or a combination???) to provide the solution
whis4ey is offline   Reply With Quote