Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 12-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #1
braken
Human being with feelings

Default Help for the colour blind - Auto track colour assignment

Hi there, requesting a new feature (or help finding an existing one that I've missed) that would help me as a colour blind person, both as a productivity helper, and to avoid some embarrassment.

What I would like is an option for tracks with default colour scheme to auto-inherit the colouring of the first level folder that they're placed within (but also have the option to manually adjust to another colour if desired).

From a productivity standpoint I see two benefits. The first would be for anyone; no need to manually adjust to a custom colour for new tracks since it automatically inherits from the group, and the second would be a huge help for me since I really struggle to match the colour of a track to colours that I previously selected for a folder of tracks (especially if I've assigned a random colour to save time). It's really trial and error until I find something that looks similar... which brings me to the embarrassment portion.

I've shared projects with people or collaborated in my home setup, and people always have a laugh (or cry) at my colour schemes. Not because I've picked ugly or clashing colours (I try to stay safe within my limits), but because I inevitably match greens with yellows and blues with purples. My wife constantly teases me about my colour blindness which is fine, but it's not so cool if I'm working on something for people who aren't aware of how colour blind I am because it's confusing as hell considering how organized I am otherwise.

Thanks for reading! If there's a way to get this done, or if you need help understanding/clarifying anything within my request, please reach out.

Final note: I'm liking the new colour pallates, the v6 standard isn't terrible for my type of blindness.
braken is offline   Reply With Quote