Old 02-24-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
Sal1
Human being with feelings

Default PROBLEMS WITH BEHRINGER UMC404HD

Hello everyone, I am very new to
Reaper,as well as to this forum.
I've recently bought the behringer UMC 404hd interface,and for some reason I just can't get it up and running the correct way,I've installed the windows 64 drivers and reinstalled them 3 times, and Everytime the mix functions,ab monitor switch, phone knobs are only working through the ear phones, and the MAIN OUT IS doing absolutely nothing to control the volume levels COMING out of my monitors,
I've called behringer four times and first they said to try uninstalling the original drivers and reinstall two different drivers that aren't even available on the website,they didn't work, so they told me to go back to the original diver, and advised me that the unit was defective???, And so did the store ive bought it from, after they went through additional troubleshooting. I've received the new unit today and it is still doing the same thing, from the beginning I had a feeling the the unit wasn't defective.Ive also read somewhere that the mix knob,ab switch and head phone knob only function through the earphones if that's true then this really sucks, but the main out volume knob not functioning, SMH, my speakers/monitors are connected directly to my amp,and interface is connected directly to my amp via 1/4,RCA cables (tried both) I know alot of users on this forum really know there stuff, and any help anyone can give to me so I can get started here again would greatly be appreciated, thank you, Sal
Sal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
Stella645

What outputs of the UMC exactly are you connecting to your amp?
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:01 PM   #3
Sal1

Hi, main outs on UMC directly into my amp via 1/4, as of now I am not using any mics or guitar outs on UMC,just to make it clearer
Old 02-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
Sal1

I'm sorry, meant to say my playback outs from the UMC into main of amp, long day, thanks
Old 02-24-2018, 09:19 PM   #5
JonD

I don't own/know the interface, but here are some general suggestions:

- Consult the included manual or quick-start guide that comes with the unit for connections and setup.

- Make sure it's connected to a USB2 port and not USB3 (Despite claims that USB3 ports are 100% backwards-compatible, they often are not).

- Rerun any software install with "Run as Administrator" (Win 10 usually doesn't need this, but it won't hurt anyway).
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #6
Sal1

Ok I will, thanks for the info
Old 02-25-2018, 09:29 AM   #7
Stella645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal1 View Post
I'm sorry, meant to say my playback outs from the UMC into main of amp, long day, thanks
Main outs are the ones you should be plugged in to.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #8
Sal1

Yes they are plugged into the main outs of the amp
Old 02-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #9
Stella645

No. Those are inputs! You're coming out of the interface and in Vto the amp.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:00 PM   #10
Sal1

OMG, I can't believe I screwed up such a simple connect, I should have just tried it before I posted such a ignorant question
Can't believe I did that, all of the knobs I've mentioned work, but the ab switch only shuts the head phones on and off is it supposed to be like that?? THANKS SO MUCH !!!
Old 02-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #11
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal1 View Post
OMG, but the ab switch only shuts the head phones on and off is it supposed to be like that?? THANKS SO MUCH !!!
I have 204HD. Do you have all 4 outputs enabled in audio setup, and anything going out to Ch 3 & 4? I basically use B to listen to mix after going thru an EQ so I can adjust bass for headphones and not the mix itself, Can't really explain, attached a few images and quick A/B sample project.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 03-20-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Zip File removed, Running out of free space.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #12
Sal1

Well got everything working much better, but I'm definitely going to look into what you mentioned, thank you