Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #121
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nimaj View Post
Yes I'm using 2015. (at least I think, I didn't really pay much attention). Also I inherited the sln from Karbo, so it's possible it was created on 2012
I likely used 2010 when I first started with it then went to 2012 during my last stint of development so that sounds about right. If I had kept developing it, it would have been VS 2013 then 2015 LOL since I use VS so often and tend to stay current.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:58 PM   #122
Brado231

Thanks The_Nimaj and karbomusic.

Think I'll upgrade mine to 2015 too then.
Brado231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:55 AM   #123
Velcrocore

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for you're work on this! Being able to draw automations with the fader is the main reason I picked up a faderport last week. I was bummed for a day until I found this thread.
Velcrocore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:46 AM   #124
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brado231 View Post
Thanks The_Nimaj and karbomusic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velcrocore View Post
Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for you're work on this! Being able to draw automations with the fader is the main reason I picked up a faderport last week. I was bummed for a day until I found this thread.
Yes, thanks a lot!
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #125
Velcrocore

It doesn't appear that the Output button is customizable, am I wrong? I would LOVE to have it toggle the main out between different hardware outputs. Press it to toggle the output between sending everything to my monitors or my headphone amp. (I have a keyboard shortcut set for this already, but I don't ever adjust the main reaper fader.) The label "output" makes more sense to me as a toggle.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #126
The_Nimaj

Quote:
It doesn't appear that the Output button is customizable, am I wrong? I would LOVE to have it toggle the main out between different hardware outputs. Press it to toggle the output between sending everything to my monitors or my headphone amp. (I have a keyboard shortcut set for this already, but I don't ever adjust the main reaper fader.) The label "output" makes more sense to me as a toggle.
You have a custom action, right? You should be able to simply set ACTION_OUPUT to the actionID

EDIT: I tested this last night and it works, but the light is still dependent on whether the Main Out is selected or not.

Last edited by The_Nimaj; 02-08-2016 at 06:35 AM.
The_Nimaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:58 AM   #127
Velcrocore

Quote:
You have a custom action, right? You should be able to simply set ACTION_OUPUT to the actionID
OK! I'm getting the hang of it. Can I add an action to shift-read using ACTION_READ_SHIFT ? What are the button names of the arrows next to Bank, and the fast forward and rewind buttons?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:08 PM   #128
The_Nimaj

Quote:
OK! I'm getting the hang of it. Can I add an action to shift-read using ACTION_READ_SHIFT ? What are the button names of the arrows next to Bank, and the fast forward and rewind buttons?
Yes to the first question. As for the other buttons, they are not customizable, but now i'm thinking why not. It wouldn't be much work just to make every button assignable (it'd be confusing to me having the rewind button do something other than rewind, but hey, if it works for someone else). So I think I'll make it so, but it may be a while since I'm busy with school. At the latest it'll have to wait until this weekend.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:27 AM   #129
planetnine

Sometimes it's useful to have custom actions perform variations of standard functons like play and record, so yes, I'd like to see assignment available for all buttons please.

>
Old 02-09-2016, 07:01 PM   #130
JHughes
Banned

Almost unbelievable, and totally excellent.

Perhaps I could donate a few pennies for the work done to date?
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #131
Velcrocore

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
Sometimes it's useful to have custom actions perform variations of standard functons like play and record, so yes, I'd like to see assignment available for all buttons please.

>
Yeah! I do wish the play button worked like a spacebar press; play/stop or maybe play/pause, as stop is right next to it.

Last edited by Velcrocore; 02-09-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:49 AM   #132
G-Sun

Quote:
Yeah! I do wish the play button worked like a spacebar press; play/stop or maybe play/pause, as stop is right next to it.
This is a +1
Shift + play = toogle play/pause would be an excellent option
(and the option to have it legacy)
Old 02-13-2016, 11:10 AM   #133
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
This is a +1
Shift + play = toogle play/pause would be an excellent option
(and the option to have it legacy)
I'll make it so pressing play toggles play/pause invariably. Once I port the new code, you'll be able to assign any action to to any button OR keep the current functionality.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #134
The_Nimaj

Default Update 2.13.2016

I've updated the driver to allow every button except shift to be assignable. To reflect this I've updated the ini file in the download with the new possible entries.

It's designed so that if you don't add a custom assignment in the ini file, then it will fall back to the legacy behavior. You can choose to only have an assignment for shift state, unshifted, or both. As such, if you don't want to change anything from the previous release, then everything should work as intended.

Other than that the only noticeable changes are:
- Pressing Play will toggle Play/Pause state
- While paused, the Play light will blink to let you know.

As before you can update your ini assignments during runtime and the updated download is in the original post.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #135
Brado231

Great stuff! Thanks!

Just as a suggestion for this thread, it would probably be a good idea to put a date on the original post next to the download link every time it is updated (e.g. Download (Updated : 13th Feb 2016)). Otherwise people who have downloaded an earlier version might not realise there has been an update unless they search through all of the latter posts of the thread to see when the last update was. It would be horrible for them to unknowingly miss out on all this cool new functionality!!

Last edited by Brado231; 02-13-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:58 PM   #136
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Great stuff! Thanks!

Just as a suggestion for this thread, it would probably be a good idea to put a date on the original post next to the download link every time it is updated (e.g. Download (Updated : 13th Feb 2016)). Otherwise people who have downloaded an earlier version might not realise there has been an update unless they search through all of the latter posts of the thread to see when the last update was. It would be horrible for them to unknowingly miss out on all this cool new functionality!!
Ah yeah good idea. Will do!
Old 02-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #137
Brado231

Thanks.

It looks like you overlooked ACTION_CH_NEXT= and ACTION_CH_NEXT_SHIFT= in the ini file.

No big deal as code is fine (I see the new way you read entries in from ini file) and people can add it to ini on their own, but thought you might like to update file in your zip?

BTW I'm happy to contribute fixes and other things to the project myself if you want (if you don't have time), but I just don't want to step on your toes. My GitHub name is the same as my forum name here if you need to know. Up to you... i'm happy either way. I have a bit of C++ experience (did Marker and Region Auto-colouring in SWS extensions back in 2012). I now have VS 2015 installed btw, so I'm now at same version as you.

Last edited by Brado231; 02-13-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #138
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Thanks.

It looks like you overlooked ACTION_CH_NEXT= and ACTION_CH_NEXT_SHIFT= in the ini file.

No big deal as code is fine (I see the new way you read entries in from ini file) and people can add it to ini on their own, but thought you might like to update file in your zip?

BTW I'm happy to contribute fixes and other things to the project myself if you want (if you don't have time), but I just don't want to step on your toes. My GitHub name is the same as my forum name here if you need to know. Up to you... i'm happy either way. I have a bit of C++ experience (did Marker and Region Auto-colouring in SWS extensions back in 2012). I now have VS 2015 installed btw, so I'm now at same version as you.
Ah, yes I specifically remember typing those and then getting distracted. And it couldn't hurt to have another set of eyes on the code (I did notice you on GitHub) so you won't have to worry about stepping on my toes or anything. I'm a (music!) student so I get pretty busy during the week, it'd be great to have some help, be it small bug fixes or whatever.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:17 PM   #139
Brado231

Quote:
Ah, yes I specifically remember typing those and then getting distracted. And it couldn't hurt to have another set of eyes on the code (I did notice you on GitHub) so you won't have to worry about stepping on my toes or anything. I'm a (music!) student so I get pretty busy during the week, it'd be great to have some help, be it small bug fixes or whatever.
No problem. I'm not aware of any problems at the moment (have tested the new version and everything looks good so far) and I can't think of any new features to be added (as you and karbo have added just about everything anyone could want!!), but I'm happy to help out when needed. If I make any changes I'll submit a Pull request and you can decide whether you want to integrate into the codebase on GitHub.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:42 AM   #140
G-Sun

Quote:
I'll make it so pressing play toggles play/pause invariably. Once I port the new code, you'll be able to assign any action to to any button OR keep the current functionality.
Cool
Old 02-19-2016, 12:11 PM   #141
dro21

Default reaper resource folder

is there actually a folder call "reaper resource" where do i copy the ini ?? i have no reaper resource folder
dro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #142
The_Nimaj

It's named "REAPER". If you just open up REAPER and go to Options -> Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder, it will open it for you.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #143
Boogaloo

Default Not quite there...

Originally posted in http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=91053 in error, but the driver I'm is from this thread, 13/2/2016....

My FP seems to be behaving fine in all respects, though I'm not sure what the default behaviour is for selecting its 'focus' regarding touching other controls and not selecting channels by pan/scrolling or by mouse.

For instance, if I pan/scroll to select (or mouse select) a channel so it's highlighted, the FP updates to the right fader levels. If I move off with the pan/scroll or mouse to another channel, all good.

However, if I touch (not even move) a pan control on another channel, that doesn't highlight that channel, but my FP behaves as if it had and will then control that channel. Is this normal?

Does this have any bearing on something I'm trying to do, which is use the Output (or Mix) button to launch the FX chain for the selected channel?

ACTION_OUTPUT=40291

This seems to work, so long as I mouse select, or scroll select *and then* touch the fader for the channel on my FP (or click on a panpot). If I just pan/scroll to a select a new channel, hitting Output only shows the last channels' FX chain.

It's piddling, but it gets confusing when I'm expecting my highlighted channel to be in focus and I'm off changing another fader, and the show FX chain for selected channel would be soooo helpful.

Win7/64, back to old firmware from the Presonus support link (the update broke me).

Fantastic work mate, much appreciated.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:03 PM   #144
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
Originally posted in http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=91053 in error, but the driver I'm is from this thread, 13/2/2016....

For instance, if I pan/scroll to select (or mouse select) a channel so it's highlighted, the FP updates to the right fader levels. If I move off with the pan/scroll or mouse to another channel, all good.

However, if I touch (not even move) a pan control on another channel, that doesn't highlight that channel, but my FP behaves as if it had and will then control that channel. Is this normal?
Yes this was intended but may be something to make optional. As for your Output Action bringing up the wrong track FX, I can confirm this but it isn't immediately apparent as to why. I will look into it and see what the issue is.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #145
scotch

I am able to customize all of my Faderport buttons, except I cannot find an action code to make the "OUTPUT" button select the master track. Any ideas?

Last edited by scotch; 03-06-2016 at 02:18 PM.
scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #146
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch View Post
I am able to customize all of my Faderport buttons, except I cannot find an action code to make the "OUTPUT" button select the mater track. Any ideas?
I'm sure it is still there. I thought it was ACTION_OUTPUT=1 but not sure if that has changed since the OP took over the project.

Quote:
Faderport output button selects master track and deselects all other tracks. Shift+Output toggles master track visibility:
ACTION_OUTPUT=1
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT=41209
Old 03-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #147
scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
I'm sure it is still there. I thought it was ACTION_OUTPUT=1 but not sure if that has changed since the OP took over the project.
That didn't work. Still trying....

Seems to be a bug. That button won't do anything, but the 'shift' function works.

Last edited by scotch; 03-06-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #148
karbomusic

Quote:
That didn't work. Still trying....

Seems to be a bug. That button won't do anything, but the 'shift' function works.
Maybe Nimaj will chime in, I know it did work previously when I had it and still does since I haven't updated in a year or so.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:47 AM   #149
scotch

I reverted back to the FaderportXT dll and ini from Karbomusic & it works fine again.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:54 AM   #150
G-Sun

My Faderport is working crappy now,
but are not sure it's this driver that causes it.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:05 PM   #151
The_Nimaj

Quote:
I am able to customize all of my Faderport buttons, except I cannot find an action code to make the "OUTPUT" button select the master track. Any ideas?
I overlooked this when I posted the update. The functionality is still there if you unset either of the ACTION_OUTPUTs (That is, have no action to assigned it).

Quote:
My Faderport is working crappy now,
but are not sure it's this driver that causes it.
This, unfortunately, doesn't help me fix anything. What are you experiencing?
Old 03-09-2016, 03:12 AM   #152
G-Sun

Quote:
This, unfortunately, doesn't help me fix anything. What are you experiencing?
Thanks for your driver and development!

I'm experiencing:
- Go to next/prev marker, don't work
- Buttons are hard to respond
Old 03-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #153
stevedcook

Default Thanks for the work!

Just bought my Faderport and was having the usual fun with installing, then I found this thread and the magic happened! Thanks Karbo and Nimaj!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #154
mlprod

Great job with this!

Im having trouble getting my FP to react to changes in the ini-file. It's supposed to also be in the UserPlugins folder right?

Also, probably related but I cant get the intro to work either=)

Any tips?
mlprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #155
Brado231

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post
Great job with this!

Im having trouble getting my FP to react to changes in the ini-file. It's supposed to also be in the UserPlugins folder right?

Also, probably related but I cant get the intro to work either=)

Any tips?
No, only the dll should be in the UserPlugins folder. The .ini file should be in the parent folder (Reaper resource path - e.g. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\REAPER on Windows). See post #142 in this thread to see how you can find where the Reaper resource path exists on your system.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:37 PM   #156
Brado231

Quote:
Thanks for your driver and development!

I'm experiencing:
- Go to next/prev marker, don't work
- Buttons are hard to respond
That sounds like a hardware issue with your particular faderport to me. All working fine on mine.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #157
scotch

Quote:
I overlooked this when I posted the update. The functionality is still there if you unset either of the ACTION_OUTPUTs (That is, have no action to assigned
Aha! I'll reinstall and give it another try. Cheers!
Old 03-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #158
G-Sun

Quote:
That sounds like a hardware issue with your particular faderport to me. All working fine on mine.
Yes, I suspect you're right.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #159
DistinctIsMe

Default Feature Request

Hey guys...first of all, thanks a ton for all of your hard work. I bought a FaderPort two days ago and got it set up great thanks to these threads. I do have a major feature request though. This feature is important enough to me that I'd be willing to pay you for your time if it's not as simple to add as I assume. I'm hoping it would be a quick addition though.

So basically, I want to be able to use the "Shift + Bank FX Mode" on the "input FX chain." This is the FX chain the vocals pass through before being recorded into the DAW. This would allow me to use a plug-in like Vocal Rider so I could ride the fader and even out the vocals live as they are recorded (aka manual compression). That's the main reason I bought FaderPort and it was pretty disappointing to realize that's the one thing I can't use it for. Luckily, there are many other great things FP will do, but I'm really hoping you can add this feature. Maybe you could make Shift + Output activate "Input FX Mode" so that we could have the option for controlling parameters in either chain.

Like I said, if this is a lot of work to add, I will pay you for your time. There are so many more cool things we could do with FaderPort if this feature was added. Thanks again! <3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg infx.jpg (35.0 KB, 360 views)
DistinctIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #160
zakwax

Default Faderport reborn after XT..

I am buzzin right now Faderport working great after getting its lovely little upgrade to XT...thanks again for everyone involved in this.
I only purchased this about a week ago and to be honest was so dissapointed till now...excellent stuff!
Just one thing.. that isnt really a biggy ... the undo function it seems is the only parameter that isnt working from the default Faderport
Any ideas?
zakwax is offline   Reply With Quote