Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #121
macousticboy
Human being with feelings

Oh, and just in case anyone wants to harbor the illusion that my sole audience is tone-deaf churchgoers:

http://whatever68radio.blogspot.com

That's an Internet station that supports DIY artists above and over all else. They did interview CJ Ramone once and are trying to get Keith Levene to do the same. Lisa enthusiastically supports my music (Punkrprincess @the staff link.)

Also:

http://wickedspinsradio.org

One of their DJ's has played my stuff, also. They play more a variety of styles, so I fit in better there, but WE68 is behind DIY artists more, and I've been asked for an interview a couple of times, which I have yet to do.

(I don't exclusively do Christian stuff, fyi.)
Old 03-02-2015, 06:12 PM   #122
Cosmic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macousticboy View Post
Pretty certain y'all know who I'm referring to.

Theres so many who would qualify..narrow it down a bit there
Old 03-02-2015, 06:14 PM   #123
Cosmic

Quote:

CJ Ramone
CJ Ramone!

hahaha..ahh yeah..he was way better than Bunny Ramone
Old 03-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #124
tgraph

my stuff is all good..
people love me...
please give me a tutorial with presets to make it better...
Old 03-03-2015, 04:51 AM   #125
whiteaxxxe
Banned

Quote:
Actually a friend of mine who is of Jewish blood and not active in any religion AFAIK, and who taught himself jazz, listens to my stuff a lot - or used to - and will tell me if I'm off and ought to re-do a track. And he had particular praise for my work on "Beatitudes."

***CRASH!*** PWNED!

yep. sure. but be told: every idiot finds at least some who tell him that he is no idiot. (genesis, II,13-45)

Old 03-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #126
macousticboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraph View Post
my stuff is all good..
people love me...
please give me a tutorial with presets to make it better...
You're saying that yourself?
Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #127
macousticboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaxxxe View Post
yep. sure. but be told: every idiot finds at least some who tell him that he is no idiot. (genesis, II,13-45)

I only hope your career at being a Mixing consultant is better than your citing Bible verses. ;-)
Old 03-05-2015, 10:13 PM   #128
Timothy Lawler

So much drama - so little time.

I mean that in a good way. Nothing wrong with drama. Music is all about drama.

Perhaps this thread is destined for the Lounge.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:45 AM   #129
whiteaxxxe
Banned

Quote:
I only hope your career at being a Mixing consultant is better than your citing Bible verses. ;-)
I tell you a secret: I totally made that one up. because I am way too lazy too look something up in a book that was written thousands of years ago by people which had no clue about nothing.

its a pity with you ... noone knows - at least not me - if you are joking or if you really dont know what you are talking about.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #130
macousticboy

Quote:
a book that was written thousands of years ago by people which had no clue about nothing
Well let's see. Those particular people:

Had marriages that for the most part, stayed together.

Had no problems with STDs.

Had no unplanned [bad term] or unwanted [more accurate] pregnancies.

Everyone was treated equally under the law. (Please consider what that last phrase means before you spout off anything.)

The poor were given opportunity to take care of themselves, as mandated by law.

They didn't pollute their environment.

They had weapons of warfare, but they weren't always inventing new ways of mass murder.

They had no mass media telling them they needed things that they in all likelihood, did not need.

So I would say they were doing fine compared to us, all things considered.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:55 PM   #131
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Lawler View Post
Perhaps this thread is destined for the Lounge.
Yes, definitely. But perhaps some people have trouble finding the door?
Old 03-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #132
Cosmic

Old 03-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #133
whiteaxxxe
Banned

Quote:
Well let's see. Those particular people:

Had no unplanned [bad term] or unwanted [more accurate] pregnancies.

Everyone was treated equally under the law. (Please consider what that last phrase means before you spout off anything.)

The poor were given opportunity to take care of themselves, as mandated by law.

They didn't pollute their environment.

They had weapons of warfare, but they weren't always inventing new ways of mass murder.

They had no mass media telling them they needed things that they in all likelihood, did not need.

So I would say they were doing fine compared to us, all things considered.
you do believe what you say? you are a joke.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:21 PM   #134
macousticboy

Quote:
you do believe what you say? you are a joke.
Yeah, OK. I can tell history is not your forte'.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #135
SaulT

It is incorrect to say that the people who wrote the Old Testament "knew nothing about nothing". While they did not have the technological advances that other societies did (unsurprising, given their oft-nomadic nature), they did have various forms of art, including poetry and music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_poetry
https://bible.org/seriespage/5-poetical-books

On the other hand, we should keep in mind that they were people just like us - with many of the same foibles (sins, if you will) plaguing them that plague us. We should not make them out to be paragons of virtue or wisdom, for they were not all that much different than we are today, e.g.

Quote:
Us, too, actually. Our divorce rate is actually below 50%. Around 40%, which is high, but it is dropping. The "50%" number is thrown around a lot, it made me happy to learn that it wasn't true.

http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/main...ics-1037.shtml
(see "Divorce Statistics that Mean Something")

Quote:
Actually, Numbers 31, especially verses 16 and 17 seem to indicate that they were aware of STDs and went to extreme measures to combat them. It's a fascinating subject, the paper below talks a bit about syphilis and gonorrhea in the Old Testament.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...31&version=KJV
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00171-0032.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23007208

Quote:
They went around killing each other back then just as much as we go around killing each other now. See the rest of Numbers for one example. There are a number of other examples in the Old Testament of very bloody military activies, including some that could be categorized as genocide.

I've spent years delving into this stuff - the Bible is interesting, the history of Abrahamic religions is fascinating, and it's all completely waaay off topic in a forum about digital audio.

TLDR;
arguing about religion is boring, arguing about fixed point vs floating point is.... well, also boring. How about focusing on the music and leaving the boring stuff for elsewhere?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:48 PM   #136
macousticboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulT View Post
It is incorrect to say that the people who wrote the Old Testament "knew nothing about nothing". While they did not have the technological advances that other societies did (unsurprising, given their oft-nomadic nature), they did have various forms of art, including poetry and music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_poetry
https://bible.org/seriespage/5-poetical-books

On the other hand, we should keep in mind that they were people just like us - with many of the same foibles (sins, if you will) plaguing them that plague us. We should not make them out to be paragons of virtue or wisdom, for they were not all that much different than we are today, e.g.

Us, too, actually. Our divorce rate is actually below 50%. Around 40%, which is high, but it is dropping. The "50%" number is thrown around a lot, it made me happy to learn that it wasn't true.

http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/main...ics-1037.shtml
(see "Divorce Statistics that Mean Something")

Actually, Numbers 31, especially verses 16 and 17 seem to indicate that they were aware of STDs and went to extreme measures to combat them. It's a fascinating subject, the paper below talks a bit about syphilis and gonorrhea in the Old Testament.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...31&version=KJV
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00171-0032.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23007208

They went around killing each other back then just as much as we go around killing each other now. See the rest of Numbers for one example. There are a number of other examples in the Old Testament of very bloody military activies, including some that could be categorized as genocide.

I've spent years delving into this stuff - the Bible is interesting, the history of Abrahamic religions is fascinating, and it's all completely waaay off topic in a forum about digital audio.

TLDR;
arguing about religion is boring, arguing about fixed point vs floating point is.... well, also boring. How about focusing on the music and leaving the boring stuff for elsewhere?
Interesting stuff. Yeah, I wasn't attempting to make them paragons of virtue, but to point out that every culture in every time period has it's ups & downs. Which of course, is exactly what you're saying.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:27 PM   #137
tgraph

Quote:
Interesting stuff. Yeah, I wasn't attempting to make them paragons of virtue, but to point out that every culture in every time period has it's ups & downs. Which of course, is exactly what you're saying.
It seems that was exactly what you were attempting to do. yet another fail.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:18 PM   #138
macousticboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraph View Post
It seems that was exactly what you were attempting to do. yet another fail.
You're in no position whatsoever to make that determination, Donald Duck ;-)
Old 03-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #139
sammydix

MAB, I'm not here to bash your songs or music. I think some of the songs are pretty good and there's a couple I sincerely liked (I mentioned one in particular to you before I saw your "conduct").

But you responses are pretty unbelievable, you honestly sound like a 12 yr old. And I believe that's exactly why the "attacks" (wrong word, but I can't think of another right now) keep coming. Can't you just let things go? Do you really have to have the last "snotty" word?
And I'm in no way "attacking" when I say you're honestly making yourself look like an ass. I mean that in all seriousness, not as an insult.

Last edited by sammydix; 03-09-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:50 AM   #140
macousticboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
MAB, I'm not here to bash your songs or music. I think some of the songs are pretty good and there's a couple I sincerely liked (I mentioned one in particular to you before I saw your "conduct").

But you responses are pretty unbelievable, you honestly sound like a 12 yr old. And I believe that's exactly why the "attacks" (wrong word, but I can't think of another right now) keep coming. Can't you just let things go? Do you really have to have the last "snotty" word?
And I'm in no way "attacking" when I say you're honestly making yourself look like an ass. I mean that in all seriousness, not as an insult.

And I in all seriousness, not as an insult, can say that I keep trying to bring an end to this whole brouhaha, and a few overgrown babies keep wanting to step up to the ring & flick shit.

So I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Believe me, religion is also a thing I could go into long dissertations about. But I didn't, out of respect to SaulT's request that this is not the place for it.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #141
sammydix

Quote:
...and a few overgrown babies keep wanting to step up to the ring & flick shit.
case and point.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #142
Cosmic

I have to say..in all my years hanging around online talking tunes Sammydix..is the nicest most considerate person on the internet ever.He actually listens to EVERYTHING..and gives proper critique in a way thats useful.

Its really something if ya can manage to disgruntle the likes of him...which you clearly have achieved.

I tip my hat to you macausticboy.Don't ever leave us.

Its mad cunts like us that keep shit popping!
Old 03-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #143
sammydix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
I have to say..in all my years hanging around online talking tunes Sammydix..is the nicest most considerate person on the internet ever.He actually listens to EVERYTHING..and gives proper critique in a way thats useful.

Its really something if ya can manage to disgruntle the likes of him...which you clearly have achieved.

I tip my hat to you macausticboy.Don't ever leave us.

Its mad cunts like us that keep shit popping!
shucks...

I have my tantrums, I just let it pass. don't feel good to hang on.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #144
Cosmic

You're dead right.

I always knew you were a Zen motherfucker
Old 03-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #145
tgraph

Quote:
And I in all seriousness, not as an insult, can say that I keep trying to bring an end to this whole brouhaha, and a few overgrown babies keep wanting to step up to the ring & flick shit.
it just won't lay down and die...
Old 03-10-2015, 09:03 AM   #146
Jorgen

I think it's terrific. Entertaining. Where's the fire?
Old 03-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #147
Repetition Compulsion

This thread is unbelievably good. Its also pretty much the ONLY type of thread that will convince me to actually bother downloading a 81mb song. Seriously dude...upload an mp3 or use soundcloud.

I just hope I'm not let down when I hear the track...the anticipation in the air is tangible here.

I think one of my favorite parts might be the list of things about people in the old testament, followed a few posts later with a comment about somebody else not knowing much about history. I just about died.

Also the "the don't insult my faith you shit-flicking morons! You're all hypocrites!"

Its too much.

Too much.

Edit, finally finished the download:

Its not quite as bad as I expected. The vocals are way too loud (or just not EQ'd well, I haven't mixed anything with vocals yet so I don't really know) and have a really strange sound to them through most of the song that makes them stand away from the mix and not in a good way. The instrumentation doesn't really stand out to me, but that means it also doesn't sound so bad that it stands out...so I guess thats a good thing. The mix aside from the vocals sounds decent enough, just way too quiet and subdued because of the vocals. Definitely agree that it was pretty much a waste to pay anybody to do any mastering on this.

If you would stop acting like such a child you could probably take this mix a whole lot further than it is now over the course of a thread or two, assuming you're working at the mix level and not with mastering a rendered file.

Last edited by Repetition Compulsion; 03-11-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Closed Thread