Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-30-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
auricle
Human being with feelings

Default Improving Alphatrack functionality

Hi,

Just starting to use Reaper and I'm very impressed with it (I'm using the 2.99 alpha version because it has features I need that aren't in the 2.5.x version).

I notice that the Alphatrack implementation in Reaper is rather sparse compared to Sonar's or Cubase's implementation. Is this an area that's going to be developed? Or is it up to third parties to finish this, do you know?

I've contacted Frontier Design about this but they haven't responded yet.
auricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
Paul_D

I've been using Reaper for about 3 months and love it, and I just picked up an Alphatrack the other day. So far so good it's definitely nice to get away from the mouse especially since that's what I do all day and already have a bit of arthritis in my index finger from it. Very nice ergonomic design, I just hold it in my lap while I'm mixing.

The two things I'd love to see would be footswitchable record/stop function using the 1/4" jack, and having the FX plugin interface/skin/gui change when you change FX so you can adjust with the AT knobs but see the changes to the FX on the monitor.

Anyway nice job on both fronts, very glad I found this place...
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by auricle View Post
Hi,

Just starting to use Reaper and I'm very impressed with it (I'm using the 2.99 alpha version because it has features I need that aren't in the 2.5.x version).

I notice that the Alphatrack implementation in Reaper is rather sparse compared to Sonar's or Cubase's implementation. Is this an area that's going to be developed? Or is it up to third parties to finish this, do you know?

I've contacted Frontier Design about this but they haven't responded yet.
Peter has wrote an improved Alphatrack plugin for Reaper, check this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=29100
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote