Old 01-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #1
OLSHALOM
Human being with feelings

Default Space at the Top of MCP

First, big Respect to all Themers!

Is it possible to place the ext.mixer a little bit (10pixels) beneath the MCP-Top-Border in the Default6-Theme?

I know how to do it with a fixed Position, but the rtconfig.text shows some more abstact lines:

set mcp.extmixer.mode !sidebarMode{0} [0] [1]

set mcp.extmixer.position + + sidebar_sec + [1 0 1] * scale [0 2 0 -2] gapmode{0}>=1 gapmode{0}!=2 * scale [13 0 -13] [0] [0]

All those lines bring me to the question: if White Tie is a genius, i should stop here and go no further with theming:-)

Thanks for help
OLSHALOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:57 PM   #2
Amberience

Please note, I'm just getting into WALTER so may have this wrong

But...

!sideBarMode checks if the 0-th coordinate within the sidebarMode variable value is zero. If it is, mcp.extmixer.mode is 0, otherwise it is 1. The exclamation marker is a way to check for zero status, and if it were a question mark it would be checking for non-zero.

The other line is a little more complex. I can't quite read it just now.

But it looks like there is a scale variable set somewhere else in the script which is being used as a scalar value in the line.

This bit:
gapmode{0}>=1
Seems to me it is checking the 0-th coordinate in the gapmode variable to see whether it is greater than or equal to 1.

And this bit:
gapmode{0}!=2 * scale
Seems to me that it is checking the 0-th coordinate in the gapemode variable to see whether it is not equal to the result of 2 multipled by scale.

AFAIK.

I'm not sure about the rest of it just now.
Amberience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:45 PM   #3
OLSHALOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberience View Post
Please note, I'm just getting into WALTER so may have this wrong

But...

!sideBarMode checks if the 0-th coordinate within the sidebarMode variable value is zero. If it is, mcp.extmixer.mode is 0, otherwise it is 1. The exclamation marker is a way to check for zero status, and if it were a question mark it would be checking for non-zero.

The other line is a little more complex. I can't quite read it just now.

But it looks like there is a scale variable set somewhere else in the script which is being used as a scalar value in the line.

This bit:
gapmode{0}>=1
Seems to me it is checking the 0-th coordinate in the gapmode variable to see whether it is greater than or equal to 1.

And this bit:
gapmode{0}!=2 * scale
Seems to me that it is checking the 0-th coordinate in the gapemode variable to see whether it is not equal to the result of 2 multipled by scale.

AFAIK.

I'm not sure about the rest of it just now.
Hey, thanks for jumpin' in.
I'm sitting in the same boat. Just started with Walter-Adjustments.

I believe I found out (it really seems, cause it actually really works as expected):

This checks if SidebarMode is turned on or not.

I believe it could also be like:

set mcp.extmixer.mode ?sidebarMode{0} [1] [0]

RIGHT??????

And if SideBarMode is NOT turned on (val1=0, keep it off, otherwise turn it on.

for the ?sidebarMode{0} it's the opposite.

RIGHT??????

So that means extmixer.mode is only set on, if sidebarMode is active.
In the "normal-state" it's off

RIGHT??????
Old 01-28-2021, 04:30 PM   #4
OLSHALOM

set mcp.extmixer.position + + sidebar_sec + [1 0 1] * scale [0 2 0 -2] gapmode{0}>=1 gapmode{0}!=2 * scale [13 0 -13] [0] [0]

So if SidebarMode is on, it's possible to adjust the coordinates inside the second brackets and really works as expected.

gapmode stands in relation to borders wich is adjustable in the Theme Adjuster.

That means:

This: gapmode{0}>=1 gapmode{0}!=2 * scale [13 0 -13]

the coordinates inside the brackets change the ext.mixerposition and it works out.

The two last: [0] [0]

Means what? don't draw?

AND know back to my beginning-question:

If I set ext.mixer on, even when sidebarMode is [0] with this:

set mcp.extmixer.mode !sidebarMode{0} [1] [1]

; or maybe even simpler:

set mcp.extmixer.mode [1]

what do i have to add to the code, that i can adjust the ext.mixer.position {y} to a value like [10], even when sidebarMode or gapmode is not active.

As you can see, I'm new to this and any help is highly aprecciated.

Please let me know if I'm right or wrong, or how to express it correct in words.
I wanna learn something.

PLEASE HELP!!

THANKS ALOT!!

Last edited by OLSHALOM; 01-29-2021 at 07:26 AM. Reason: found a mistake in a formular
Old 02-09-2021, 08:59 AM   #5
lucas_LCS

if you set the Extmixer to "1", then you have told Reaper to insert it below the normal handle or slide line that lets you resize the ratio between the FX list and the mixer channel on the fly.

Since the Extmixer is now inside the layout, you will need to code it to remain static or change size as the size of the mixer is adjusted in addition to the actual location for the Extmixer.
This means you will also need to code all the new positions for all the other elements.

Much of this coding is eliminated by putting the Extmixer in a sidebar.

It's a much more involved mod than just adjusting the where the top of the Extmixer is.

::
Old 02-10-2021, 06:05 AM   #6
OLSHALOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
if you set the Extmixer to "1", then you have told Reaper to insert it below the normal handle or slide line that lets you resize the ratio between the FX list and the mixer channel on the fly.

Since the Extmixer is now inside the layout, you will need to code it to remain static or change size as the size of the mixer is adjusted in addition to the actual location for the Extmixer.
This means you will also need to code all the new positions for all the other elements.

Much of this coding is eliminated by putting the Extmixer in a sidebar.

It's a much more involved mod than just adjusting the where the top of the Extmixer is.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!

Yeah, those 10-20 pixels on Top of the Rv6 Default Theme is a pain in the ass! :-)
I digged in for a couple of hours to study the structure:

It works out to set the etxmixer on, also when not in sidbarmode.
But it looks awful like hell and in better words: not useable at all.

The "stretchsec", which includes everything beneath the "fx sec" (fx, pan, input, bottom sec) appears at the same position as in sidebarmode.
Maxed out to the whole mcp.size.height.

And extmixer does that too. So the value2 (height) is not reacting as expected by defining it's height. It's maxed out to the whole mcp-height as well.

So how:

If sidebarmode is off, draw the extmixer on top and the stretchsec beneath?

Must there be defined a second "stretch sec" including the extmixer for the circumstance, when sidebarmode is off.
And "stretch sec(1, already set)" appears beneath "stretch sec2(incl extmixer")

It looks like, to simply turn off extmixer for non-sidebarmode was the more easy way to develope.

Would be great to have that feature for everybody for ergonomics and esthetics, instead of have sitting the 1st plugin at the absolute Top of the MCP.
I think it would be great to have the extmixer-feature available in the Rv6 Default, doesn't it?
Old 02-13-2021, 01:19 AM   #7
lucas_LCS

What I'm getting from you is that you seem to think this is a simple "adjustment".

What I should have made clear earlier is that this will require a completely new layout.
A new layout will require you to learn basic WALTER and then learn advanced WALTER using Macros, etc.

If scripting and coding are easy for you to understand, you can probably learn the above very quickly.
If not, then it will take a awhile just to get WALTER figured out.

If you just want to make a new layout that doesn't need the Theme Adjuster to tweak it's elements on the fly, basic WALTER is all you need to do that.

To learn WALTER open Stickie #3 located at the top of the theme forum.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:31 AM   #8
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

The default 6 theme's WALTER macros makes some things very easy at the cost of making anything else very difficult. But you don't have to use them in that theme or any other.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:42 AM   #9
OLSHALOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
The default 6 theme's WALTER macros makes some things very easy at the cost of making anything else very difficult. But you don't have to use them in that theme or any other.
Hello White Tie,

thanks for joining.

I wanna say again, that I think, the Configuration of the V6-Theme is imo
brilliant and it's fun to read. Not easy, but I like the challenge.

As time goes by, Questions get answered and new questions come up.

So, am I right?: by activating the extendedmixermode I loose the function and possibility to adjust the height of the "stretch section" in relation to the "mixer section", which is a "default-feature" in walter and all elements of the mcp get static, right? Independent of which theme at all.

I hope I found somehow the right words for the circumstance.

Thanks for help.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:34 PM   #10
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

It looks like you're getting mixed up between the extended mixer, which is a general theming thing (and you seem to be understanding has a mode and a position if its mode is set to 1), and sidebar mode, which is just something I made in the default theme.

Anyway, in answer to your question, its a no I'm afraid. If you set it to mode 0 (stretchy mode), then you're giving up all control and telling Reaper take care of it.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:33 AM   #11
OLSHALOM

Thanks for helping out.

[QUOTE=White Tie;2407940]It looks like you're getting mixed up between the extended mixer, which is a general theming thing (and you seem to be understanding has a mode and a position if its mode is set to 1), and sidebar mode, which is just something I made in the default theme.

No, for me that's clear.
But those two has their dependency in your default theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Anyway, in answer to your question, its a no I'm afraid. If you set it to mode 0 (stretchy mode), then you're giving up all control and telling Reaper take care of it.
That's clear too and is of course the difference of the two modes.
My question was meant exactly the other way round, so I alow me to ask:
When extended mixer mode is set to 1 (in any theme), every element in the mcp gets static and you loose the possibility of stretching the "fx-, parameter- and sendlistsection" compared to the rest of the mcp (stretchy mode), right?

So if it's true, I don't care about the 10-20 pixels on top of the fx-list, cause I like the "stretchy mode". :-)

But, could those 10-20 pixels get hard-coded?
Old 02-23-2021, 02:57 PM   #12
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLSHALOM
When extended mixer mode is set to 1 (in any theme), every element in the mcp gets static and you loose the possibility of stretching the "fx-, parameter- and sendlistsection" compared to the rest of the mcp (stretchy mode), right?
nope, but you will need to create a completely new layout.
By trying to understand Macros before understanding how to make a basic layout, you are putting the cart before the horse.

Please learn WALTER by using the resources in Stickie #3 located at the top of the theme forum.

After learning the basics, you will have an easier time understanding what the Macros are doing, how to make your own Macros or possibly hack an existing one to make your own.