Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 01-29-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
randall7
Human being with feelings

Default Enharmonics in Notation Score Editor

EDIT: Solved. The solution was there in Reaper (v5.9)! Right click on a note in the notation editor, for example a D# note, and then at the top of the pop up menu there is 'Accidental' and then its submenu shows all sorts of options for notating a D# as Eb and more!
---------------------------------------------
I would love to see the ability to change default sharps and flats in the notation editor so that one could change a default C# to a Db enharmonic, for example. Other DAWs have this, at least Cubase 7 which I own and which is several years old. Should be a no-brainer to allow a user to change a note from sharp to flat to natural or double sharp or double flat, etc. Sibelius of course can do this from an exported XML from a DAW, but it would be nice to at least change a sharp or flat to its enharmonic within Reaper.

Last edited by randall7; 01-29-2019 at 03:09 PM.
randall7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
bFooz
Human being with feelings

Yes, I agree accidentals need some more work in the notation editor (among other things). I have "notate as sharp" and "notate as flat" assigned to keyboard shortcuts.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote