Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 08-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Tod
Human being with feelings

Default Velocity Keyswitch Multi-Script, Providing 64 Instruments in Kontackt..

New Video Tutorials

for the

Velocity Keyswitch Multiscript

R. D. Villwock (aka Big Bob)

Kontakt 4 & 5: 64 nki Instruments instead of 16

Below are the download links for 3 ZIP files: 1.The User Guide & Multiscript. / 2.Reaper project files with the midi tracks for both Kontakt-4 & Kontakt-5. / 3.Four individual tutorials for how to load and use the Keyswitch Multiscript.
Here are a couple of YouTube videos: 1.The first shows the Reaper project midi tracks I ended up with while testing the multiscript. / 2.A full tutorial of how to use the mulltiscript.

Check out Big Bob's post on VI-Control
Quote, Big Bob Writes:______________________________
Here is another multiscript for your toolbox that you may find useful, at least until NI delivers a VST3 version of its plugin for our DAWs. It gives you access to all 64 Kontakt MIDI channels from your DAW and uses keyswitch velocity to reduce the number of keyswitches typically required for larger templates. Using keyswitch velocity was suggested to me by my friend Tod Stillwell and it inspired me to write this script. Hopefully, others will find this as useful as Tod and I have.

User Guide Overview
This script can allow you to break the 16-channel barrier of VST2 and enable your DAW to access all 64 of Kontakt’s MIDI channels. You can insert a single instance of Kontakt with up to 64 different instruments and your DAW will be able to ‘reach’ all of them via special velocity keyswitches that you set up. Your DAW will be able to switch between these instruments even if they are locked. The script is easily configured to accommodate various combinations of instruments and articulations to support most any project. In many cases, projects that now require 3 or 4 instances of Kontakt can be handled with a single instance of Kontakt.

The script requires no custom graphics to be added to your computer —yet provides an extremely clean and user-friendly human interface that uses minimal panel real estate. However, before attempting to use this script you should thoroughly read through this User Guide at least once. There is a bit of a learning curve to get over before you can get the benefit of what this script can do for you.
If anybody has any questions, please ask, I'll try to answer any questions I can.

Last edited by Tod; 08-21-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
gmgmgm

Thanks for putting this information into such a neat package, Tod. I saw an earlier reference you made to this script but, not being a VI-Control member, couldn't download it.

OT but somewhat related: just in case you haven't already come across it, this is looking interesting for some keyswitching applications ...

http://www.syntheticorchestra.com/articulatereaper/
gmgmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmgmgm View Post
Thanks for putting this information into such a neat package, Tod. I saw an earlier reference you made to this script but, not being a VI-Control member, couldn't download it.

OT but somewhat related: just in case you haven't already come across it, this is looking interesting for some keyswitching applications ...

http://www.syntheticorchestra.com/articulatereaper/
Thanks gmgmgm, yes I did check it out with the BRSO FX, but it didn't work out. I forget exactly where I ran into the problem, but it had something to do with conflicting midi channels. I did discuss it briefly with Breeder and from what I can remember, I think he agreed.

At any rate, I hope you can find a use for this multiscript. Although it has some great possibilities for orchestration, I think the possibilities with this script goes beyond that and I'm going to look into this more in the coming weeks.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
timbralzoom

Thank you so much!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Thank you so much!
Your welcome.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #6
DANIELE

Great stuff here. I'm looking for a script that let me select via keyswitches one instruments at once inside one kontakt istance or a group of them if needed.

For the first thing I can use KS Router by orange samples but for the second thing I can't.

I hope it's not cpu demanding.