Old 10-17-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
EcBaPr
Human being with feelings

Default How to move a block of the timeline ?

is it possible to select an area on the timeline including all the clips, envelopes, markers and tempo/time signature changes and move the whole lot to another location ?

EDIT: think i just worked it out.. create a region around the area and then click on the region and drag.. i was trying to find a way to select everything and cut/paste.. moving regions makes more sense..

Last edited by EcBaPr; 10-17-2020 at 06:38 PM.
EcBaPr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:25 AM   #2
DreamDisease

You can also hold whichever modifier key is copydrag for you, like Alt and make a copy of the region instead of moving it. Really nice, I just used it to drag off to a separate area to change the BPM
DreamDisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:19 AM   #3
EcBaPr

yeah it works ok from what ive seen so far... ive noticed a few weird things with tempo changes though.. it doesn't copy a tempo change if its at the start of the region you have to make your region start before the tempo marker. also it adds additional tempo change in the copy that aren't there on the original which is strange... the copy gets the tempo that was set on the timeline before the region, even though that tempo is not actually a marker or part of what is being copied. also if you drag the region it leaves a copy of the last tempo from inside the region behind in roughly the same area but not exactly the same spot which is weird.

seems like these things are bugs but they don't appear to be restricting the functionality so its not too bad..
EcBaPr is offline   Reply With Quote