Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old Today, 01:57 PM   #10601
Nick Morris
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrglenn View Post
Thanks Nick. I would love to be able to set up a similar set of actions. Do you mind if I ask how you are binding the jog/shuttle wheels to their corresponding Reaper actions in EuControl? I think that's the step I'm missing.
Open reaper and make sure it is the focused program. In eucontrol, select the transport wheel. Click on the jog wheel. Then click the command button above. That will open the command editor where you click the add drop down, and add custom wheel command. Name it.
Next select the action for the left Turn of the wheel and Then select the action for the right turn of the wheel.
Close the command editor window. Now choose a button/key to assign the wheel mode to.
I have many of my wheel modes assigned to the soft keys. Now when you hit that key, your wheel mode is active and should display the modes name you gave earlier.

Last edited by Nick Morris; Today at 05:09 PM.
Nick Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #10602
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

Hopefully fixes the config issue.

Auto guess templates only occurs on a new addition, not an edit.
No joy on the inclusive name thing, i'm afraid. I wouldn't worry about it at the moment. Not a biggy and easy to workaround
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:26 PM   #10603
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
No joy on the inclusive name thing, i'm afraid. I wouldn't worry about it at the moment. Not a biggy and easy to workaround
New build is up, I actually fixed a related bug last time, one that had also been there forever, undiscovered

Try this and see if it fixes things.
Old Today, 05:03 PM   #10604
MixMonkey

Quote:
New build is up, I actually fixed a related bug last time, one that had also been there forever, undiscovered

Try this and see if it fixes things.
Nailed it

Also, just tried the raw parameter dump. Works really nicely! I don't know what the parameter count limit is now, but I fed it FabFilter Saturn2 (952 parameters) and they were all in the output file
Old Today, 05:14 PM   #10605
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Nailed it

Also, just tried the raw parameter dump. Works really nicely! I don't know what the parameter count limit is now, but I fed it FabFilter Saturn2 (952 parameters) and they were all in the output file
Cool, one more swatted

Param count should be unlimited, the previous limitation was ReaConsole IIRC.
Old Today, 05:16 PM   #10606
Nick Morris

Haven’t had a chance to check being deep in a few album mixes, but does hardware output sends still mess up regular sends?
Old Today, 05:23 PM   #10607
MixMonkey

Quote:
Cool, one more swatted

Param count should be unlimited, the previous limitation was ReaConsole IIRC.
Looks like the Configurator will need its capacity increased, think I cut it off at a 1000
Old Today, 05:28 PM   #10608
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
Haven’t had a chance to check being deep in a few album mixes, but does hardware output sends still mess up regular sends?
Good time to raise the point Sends are being looked at at the mo'
Old Today, 09:29 PM   #10609
pwallin

Quote:
Wouldn't you be worried that the track select button might wear out?
Ha, ha! About wearing track button that would be true too, but Encoder has this more mechanical thing, which gives a loud snap. That worries me if it wears out too fast.
[QUOTE=MixMonkey;2355080]
Seriously though, you can mao the select button to choose the slot from the FX menu, but you will lose the ability to move from track to track with the FX menu still visible

Quote:
If your X-Touch.zon is working correctly, you should already be able to see the track names in the upper part of the display. The lower part of the display should be showing Pan/PanWidth info.

You need to enable ToggleScrollLink (map it to a button, preferably one with an LED) in the XTouch.zon file. With ScrollLink enabled, the surface should follow the screen and vice-versa.

I say should, because there seems to be a bug where the surface will only bank in a positive direction. That is to say, if track 24 is not visible on the surface and I select it on the screen, the surface will bank so it appears on the far left fader (or whatever number you set in the definition) However, if I then select track 1 on the screen, the surface doesn't bank.

Regarding the TrackManger, if you right click on its tab and tick "Mirror track selection" and "Scroll to selected track when mirroring selection" it will do what you want.
About names: Yes it shows names, but same time there is no track number visible. I would not need Pan values, so I might sacrifice that for track number instead. For Trackmanager I check your hint. Thanks! That may even be a solution for my tracknumber problem actually.
pwallin is offline   Reply With Quote