Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Default "Apply FX to items.." also applies fades. Good?

I just noticed that when Applying FX to items as a new take, the fades and item volume changes made to the audio events get applied to the created wav also. In order to have the original fades and level changes I have to remove all fades and set the level changes back to zero.

Is there a reason or a justification for this? I find this feature backfiring a bit, since it actually does make the "freezing" rather slow after all.

This is actually perhaps more of a conversation opener. Maybe the behaviour should be changed through preferences, or they could be separate selections in the same menu:

Apply FX
Apply FX (mono)
Apply FX without fades
Apply FX without fades (mono)

The menu would grow in length, but I'd find the fadeless behaviour a lot more useful.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
LOSER
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
I just noticed that when Applying FX to items as a new take, the fades and item volume changes made to the audio events get applied to the created wav also. In order to have the original fades and level changes I have to remove all fades and set the level changes back to zero.

Is there a reason or a justification for this? I find this feature backfiring a bit, since it actually does make the "freezing" rather slow after all.

This is actually perhaps more of a conversation opener. Maybe the behaviour should be changed through preferences, or they could be separate selections in the same menu:

Apply FX
Apply FX (mono)
Apply FX without fades
Apply FX without fades (mono)

The menu would grow in length, but I'd find the fadeless behaviour a lot more useful.
The only problem with item volume (not so with fade in/out) is that it gets applied before FX (AFAIK), so to not render the item volume could have some bad effect on the applied FX i.e. the don't sound like the should (i.e. like you heard them before)...

A possible thing would be to let each take have its own volume and fade settings.
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote