Old 04-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
Kundalinguist
Human being with feelings

Default Adobe "Brackets" calling to dl.reaper.fm

Hi. I figure this is where all the coding "geeks" hang out and so I might get an answer on this.

I'm a Reaper user, but today I downloaded a free, open source code editor called "Brackets" which is apparently being overseen by Adobe. Or so it says.

Anyway, I fire it up and Little Snitch shows me that it wants permission to connect to dl.reaper.fm.

I had logged in earlier and commented here on the forum. Is this thing doing something malicious beneath the friendly "Free OS" face, or is it partially being coded by Justin, or…

I'll take any informed answer I can get. In the meantime, I'm pressing "DENY!" on all connection requests.

Last edited by Kundalinguist; 04-20-2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Meant to say "geeks" - not "nerds" - faux pas.
Kundalinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Kundalinguist
Human being with feelings

I've noticed that Brackets uses "skins," so maybe this is a clue. Someone here developed a skin for the app and it's here on Reaper.

Now all we have to do is set a trap. Does anyone have a joint or a beer?