Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-15-2020, 01:58 AM   #161
Mottemania
Human being with feelings

Am I the only one with messed up 150% view?
Mottemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:14 AM   #162
Regisfofo

I don't know what is custom dpi...
I had my (now defunt ) laptop at 125% with 15' sd screen. My desktop is 100% with larger sd screen. (I'll check exact number when I can if you need me too)
Regisfofo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:56 AM   #163
tzzsmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerian View Post
Unpack the theme, open rtconfig.txt and search for "mcp.pan.label.color"

Code:
set mcp.pan.label.color	   ?track_selected [220 220 220] [150 150 150]
first value: [220 220 220] is for when the track is selected and the second value: [150 150 150] is for unselected.
thanks, that helps too, but I meant the pan knob,
anyway found it - easy trick:

mcp_width_knob_stack.png duplicated and renamed as
mcp_pan_knob_stack.png

matching RGB values for text are: 9 212 215

now PAN knobs have nice teal tint

many thanks again for amazing theme, my fav now with Reaper 6 !

ps: regarding my previous post, for some reason Reaper 6 is tripping and now refuses to handle those, so apparently the correct item is "Media Item Peaks" O.o

Last edited by tzzsmk; 04-15-2020 at 09:05 AM.
tzzsmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:55 PM   #164
vicenzajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottemania View Post
Nope - you're not the only one. I tried and gave up on this one. It doesn't help that "real" advice on how to wicker both Windows and Reaper settings to get these themes to display correctly is so difficult to come by.

Fortunately, most of the RADO derivatives seem to scale well with Reaper 6, even if they aren't brilliantly clear on hidpi screens. I can at least use them, and they don't throw crazily sized stuff at you when you first load them up.

Oh, obviously the default theme should also get praise for this - no issues whatsoever with it scaling well either.
vicenzajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:24 PM   #165
Mottemania

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
Nope - you're not the only one. I tried and gave up on this one. It doesn't help that "real" advice on how to wicker both Windows and Reaper settings to get these themes to display correctly is so difficult to come by.

Fortunately, most of the RADO derivatives seem to scale well with Reaper 6, even if they aren't brilliantly clear on hidpi screens. I can at least use them, and they don't throw crazily sized stuff at you when you first load them up.

Oh, obviously the default theme should also get praise for this - no issues whatsoever with it scaling well either.
what a pitty :/
Mottemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #166
lerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottemania View Post
Sorry guys, i specified in the theme description that this is only for 100% (1080p, standard resolution). No 150% or 200% versions included, i will make those at a later time so for now only 1080p vestion.
lerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #167
lerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzzsmk View Post

mcp_pan_knob_stack.png

ps: regarding my previous post, for some reason Reaper 6 is tripping and now refuses to handle those, so apparently the correct item is "Media Item Peaks" O.o
Oh, you meant the knob position tint. Yeah, one can open that image in photoshop or other image editor, cut the middle image where pan is on center and add a color overlay option to the rest, coloring it as s/he likes.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:50 PM   #168
lerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regisfofo View Post
I don't know what is custom dpi...
I had my (now defunt ) laptop at 125% with 15' sd screen. My desktop is 100% with larger sd screen. (I'll check exact number when I can if you need me too)
The thing is i haven't altered those images, actually i'm not even sure those are images or just text encapsulated in a square.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:30 AM   #169
Regisfofo

Yes, it seems like a 'resolution' problem for font rendering... All other parts of the theme are just right.

I don't know if it is of any help but I had an issue with those text toolbar icons with the smooth theme too. But not exactly same issue, as changing the corresponding font did do the trick with that one.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:19 AM   #170
antiClick

This has to be the best theme ever.... and probably the must underrated.
Thank you so much to the author
antiClick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:45 AM   #171
lerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regisfofo View Post
Hi Lerian,

Thank you very much for this wonderfull theme.

I'm encountering a bug, if you have some time, would you care checking that : Win10 Reaper 6.08, Text icon toolbar font is very blurry :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm9pkodjh0...rybug.jpg?dl=0

Hope you're going well.
Hi all, about this ^ bug, i found the problem and the solution (very simple actually):

Open Theme development tweaker and change:

For color search: Toolbar button text
For font: Volume/pan label font

One can only change the color and the problem is fixed. I also changed my font, and will include in the next update.

Quote:

mcp_pan_knob_stack.png

Can you please share the modded pngs so others can use them if they like it?

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiClick

This has to be the best theme ever.... and probably the must underrated.
Thank you so much to the author
Thank you very much for your kind words, i am happy you guys like it and find it useful, i also enjoy it very much because it gets out of the way and lets me focus on the important things

On a side note please stay safe everyone, even if some govs relaxed the lockdown the danger is still there until a vaccine gets distributed (not sooner than 1 year) or enough people get immunity.

Last edited by lerian; 05-03-2020 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:57 AM   #172
Regisfofo

Thank you very much, I'll try it ASAP!
Old 05-03-2020, 05:37 AM   #173
tzzsmk

Quote:
Can you please share the modded pngs so others can use them if they like it?

Thank you.
I really like this theme most, so I'm planning to make minor adjustments to the theme, once they're done I'll share a mod of this theme (with proper credits to your version of course
Old 05-03-2020, 05:47 AM   #174
lerian

Quote:
I really like this theme most, so I'm planning to make minor adjustments to the theme, once they're done I'll share a mod of this theme (with proper credits to your version of course
Cool, let me know and i will link it in the main post so others can have more options to chose from.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:58 AM   #175
lerian

Get de-saturated toolbar icons, they match well with the theme:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=235681
Old 05-15-2020, 01:48 AM   #176
lerian

NVK made an awesome fix for the alignment of the TCP items to behave like v5 and v4 themes:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....77#post2288077

You need to add a line before the line 240 on rtconfig (232 on default6 theme). Line 240 looks like this > set tcp_LabelSize ?labelFlip{0} [0] ; not included in mainsec calculations if flipped

The lines you need to add are:

Code:
; --------  TCP ALIGNMENT FIX ------- 	
	set tcp.maxIndent * tcp_indent{0} maxfolderdepth{0}
set tcp_LabelSize ?tcp_control_align{0} ?recarm - tcp_LabelSize 15 tcp_LabelSize ?recarm + - / - * scale tcp_LabelSize this_tcp_indent{0} scale 15 tcp.maxIndent{0} + / - * scale tcp_LabelSize this_tcp_indent{0} scale tcp.maxIndent{0}
; --------  TCP ALIGNMENT FIX -------
A video explaining how to do it is here (remember, on clearview theme you need to add it just before line 240):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y5Cdua18pc

I will include this in the next update, but until then you can add it yourself if you find it useful.

Best wishes,
Lerian
Old 05-18-2020, 02:13 PM   #177
lerian

Made some small mods but didn't packed them yet, so if you want some small sense of depth in tcp/mcp-colored and new fader cap see attachments.

Cheers!

Attached Images
File Type: png mcp_bg.png (1.5 KB, 206 views)
File Type: png tcp_bg.png (1.1 KB, 202 views)
File Type: png mcp_volthumb.png (1.6 KB, 193 views)
Old 05-18-2020, 04:23 PM   #178
lerian

Quote:
Made some small mods but didn't packed them yet, so if you want some small sense of depth in tcp/mcp-colored and new fader cap see attachments.
Another MCP, different style.

Attached Images
File Type: png mcp_bg.png (1.5 KB, 195 views)

Last edited by lerian; 05-18-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:04 PM   #179
Tobbe

Thank you. Using Clearview as my default theme. Best color for me. I changed font color so it goes the same as the track color.

Thank you for this amazing theme. I try this new png's.

Rock On!
Old 05-19-2020, 02:42 AM   #180
Regisfofo

Love it ! Thank you!
Old 05-19-2020, 10:43 PM   #181
Freiin

Default Great

I loved the theme. I made the donation but i didn't received the theme. I emailed you. Please check.

Awesome work. congrats
Freiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #182
lerian

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiin View Post
I loved the theme. I made the donation but i didn't received the theme. I emailed you. Please check.

Awesome work. congrats
Sorry, i made a mistake in the text, the theme won't be sent on email, you will be redirected to the download page. No worries though, i will send it now.

Thank you, and enjoy.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:12 AM   #183
lerian

Quote:
Thanks guys

Sorry, i made a mistake in the text, the theme won't be sent on email, you will be redirected to the download page. No worries though, i will send it now.

Thank you, and enjoy.
It seems there's a problem with the redirect script, and also my email got full of spam lately so it was harder to spot the emails from you guys. Tonight i will make a new email address to only use for this, and remake the paypal button. If anyone else is having the problem please write a comment in here and i will get back to you asap.

Thank you, and sorry again for the trouble.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:04 PM   #184
lerian

Maybe some of you will like this new fader cap (all variants will be included in the next update)

Attached Images
File Type: png mcp_volthumb.png (1.6 KB, 206 views)
Old 05-27-2020, 07:14 PM   #185
sammartin23

this is the first theme I've ever tried besides the default and all the tracks in my mixer are all collapsed to the left side of the screen. How does one go about expanding them so I can see them?
thanks
Sam
sammartin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:17 AM   #186
lerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammartin23 View Post
this is the first theme I've ever tried besides the default and all the tracks in my mixer are all collapsed to the left side of the screen. How does one go about expanding them so I can see them?
thanks
Sam
Can you make a screenshot? Are you in 4k? The theme is atm only for normal resolution.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:40 AM   #187
Klangfarben

Quote:
Maybe some of you will like this new fader cap (all variants will be included in the next update)

I love these!
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:00 AM   #188
sammartin23

Quote:
Can you make a screenshot? Are you in 4k? The theme is atm only for normal resolution.
here is a screen shot and I am not using a 4K monitor. I tried all the mixer layout options from default up to 200% with little improvement. I hope you can help, this theme really looks fantastic!

OK, so on my studio computer I can see the screenshot in my forum post. On my phone and other computers the screenshot is not there. I'll try again

Attached Images
File Type: png collapsed mixer tracks.png (34.0 KB, 1232 views)

Last edited by sammartin23; 05-30-2020 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:07 PM   #189
lerian

Quote:
here is a screen shot and I am not using a 4K monitor. I tried all the mixer layout options from default up to 200% with little improvement. I hope you can help, this theme really looks fantastic!

OK, so on my studio computer I can see the screenshot in my forum post. On my phone and other computers the screenshot is not there. I'll try again

This is really weird behavior that im not even sure where to look for answers since i also cant reproduce it. It seems like the mcp size is 5-10px which hmm.. maybe you can check out the theme adjuster and play around with some settings? Also have you made any edits in the rtconfig? Maybe download it again? Although the chance of being corrupted is quite small..
Old 06-01-2020, 02:41 PM   #190
sammartin23

Quote:
This is really weird behavior that im not even sure where to look for answers since i also cant reproduce it. It seems like the mcp size is 5-10px which hmm.. maybe you can check out the theme adjuster and play around with some settings? Also have you made any edits in the rtconfig? Maybe download it again? Although the chance of being corrupted is quite small..
Hello and thanks for taking a look. I've tried all the settings in the theme adjuster and I can tell there are changes made to the mixer tracks, but they are still always narrow/collapsed. I'm not sure what rtconfig is so hopefully I didn't make any edits there. It's a gorgeous theme so I hope I can get it to work. I removed it and reinstalled per the directions. No change. I dl'd a couple of other themes which do not have this problem-Inquasar Dark Matter and ILogic V2. I am using Reaper V5.62/x64 if that makes a difference.
Sam

Last edited by sammartin23; 06-01-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:32 AM   #191
lerian

Quote:
Hello and thanks for taking a look. I've tried all the settings in the theme adjuster and I can tell there are changes made to the mixer tracks, but they are still always narrow/collapsed. I'm not sure what rtconfig is so hopefully I didn't make any edits there. It's a gorgeous theme so I hope I can get it to work. I removed it and reinstalled per the directions. No change. I dl'd a couple of other themes which do not have this problem-Inquasar Dark Matter and ILogic V2. I am using Reaper V5.62/x64 if that makes a difference.
Sam
Oh, the fact that you are using reaper 5 is the problem because this theme is a mod of v6 theme, and it might have some instructions only V6+ have. Themes prior to v6 were made on the v4 framework i think, and that is upwards compatible but not the other way around.

Sorry about this, but i guess you will have to get the new reaper6 to make it work.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:11 AM   #192
sammartin23

Quote:
Oh, the fact that you are using reaper 5 is the problem because this theme is a mod of v6 theme, and it might have some instructions only V6+ have. Themes prior to v6 were made on the v4 framework i think, and that is upwards compatible but not the other way around.

Sorry about this, but i guess you will have to get the new reaper6 to make it work.
Ah I guess that it probably the reason. I may have to upgrade. Thanks!
Sam
Old 06-06-2020, 06:02 PM   #193
sammartin23

Quote:

Upgrading to Reaper 6 fixed it!
Old 06-07-2020, 03:59 AM   #194
lerian

Quote:
Upgrading to Reaper 6 fixed it!
Yes, it doesn't work on previous versions due to all the changes introduced in v6.

Enjoy
Old 06-16-2020, 01:20 AM   #195
Ericson

When will the hdpi version come out?
I love your theme, but it's blurry on my 4k screen.
Ericson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:03 PM   #196
FarBeyondMetal

How come my toolbar looks like this? It is sometimes difficult to tell if an option is on or off because the background to the toolbar icons seems messed up. I haven't changed anything within the theme but I think I maybe have changed a setting in REAPER a long time ago. Any input would be appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: png fd.png (10.3 KB, 199 views)
FarBeyondMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:44 AM   #197
shosty

Hi, some of the menus are almost unreadable on linux
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20201014_174144.png (42.6 KB, 184 views)
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:32 AM   #198
Steven Jay Cohen

Default Button Text Missing

Using SWS...

Extensions > Auto Color/Icon/Layout

Text is MISSING from buttons at bottom of window
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot from 2020-11-02 10-28-49.png (40.6 KB, 180 views)

AudioTechnica AT4047/SV • Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) • Debian Stable/Testing
Steven Jay Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:30 AM   #199
Steven Jay Cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosty View Post
Hi, some of the menus are almost unreadable on linux
Same issue!

Try using Jack's libSwell file: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/30510/libSwell.colortheme

AudioTechnica AT4047/SV • Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) • Debian Stable/Testing
Steven Jay Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:41 PM   #200
AstroAstro82

Hello, could someone help with out with this problem?

I donated and downloaded extended version. Otherwise everything seems to work, i followed installation and configuration instructions (i think i got it right), but i can't change Mixer Panel layouts for individual tracks. It simply does nothing. However, if i change Global layout for Mixer Panel under Options/Layouts/Mixer Panel, it works like supposed to but of course changes all of the tracks.

How can i fix this? I really would love to get this working as it's maybe best looking theme i have found so far.
AstroAstro82 is offline   Reply With Quote