Old 04-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
D Rocks
Human being with feelings

Default Dream Dynamic EQ with Saturation?

Hi this is an idea of a plugin I've been dreaming of.

Do you guys know any plugin that already exists that does all this in the same window with low CPU:

- Built-in high fidelity Spectrum analyser
- High quality regular EQ
- Precise Dynamic EQ on demand
- Top quality Saturation per band on demand
- Mid-side on demand
- Sidechain on demand
- EQ matching on... d.. you get it
- Pink - white -brown noise matching
- Resizeable
- Fullscreen
- Low CPU to be able to use on most tracks
- 1 single window with nice looking GUI

This is my dream plugin, as anyone found it? Does it exist? Or is anyone interested in making that?

I believe there is even lots of money to be made from such a concept and product sale.

EDIT: For example: imagin Fabfilter Pro-Q 2 with added optional saturation, and dynamic EQing on demand per band all on the same window. No switching to another plugin nor another tab in the plugin. Just 1 window with everything as you decide to use features or not.

Example case1: De Essing vocals with a single band at 5k-9k using dynamic EQ feature. On that same band reacting dynamically to the ESSes you choose to add subtle saturation in the same time to color the vocal just on that frequemcy band.

Example case2: clean a snare part with reg highpass, compress specific frequencies or globally, and add saturation somewhere in the highs to smooth the bigger amount of boosted EQ clarity you needed to fit the track.

Example case 3: youre only looking for a nice saturation on the mid frequencies and rather than pulling out a wide band saturation plugin youd use your regular dream EQ and add a band where you need it. Afterwards you can do whatever you want if needed.

Last edited by D Rocks; 04-19-2018 at 05:22 AM. Reason: gave an example of something close to the ideal
D Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
junh1024

You will prolly need 2+ VSTs to achieve this, but Izotope ozone comes close. Older versions use less CPU, but also less features. Have a look at voxengo's plugs too. Do you really NEED all those features? most of the time I just need a basic lowCPU EQ, and add VSTs (distortion/excite etc) as needed.
junh1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:22 PM   #3
D Rocks

Yeah I think Neutron 2 gets close but its way too cpu intensive to do what its supose to do (be a channel strip on every needed track). Even with all bypassed features its still higher than a pro q 2 instance with bands activated.

In the concept i am talking about something that would be feather light when you activate nothing and transparent. But as you need features and enable them it gets reasonnably higher just like having 2 vsts in a chain.

Thing is itd be crazy to join DYNAMIC EQing with a per band saturation which means you could carve space, add color, make dynamic changes all with a single band of EQ leaving all the rest transparent. Need a second band? Just activate it. Needs it be EQ or saturation or all, you choose.

I own Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 and its very close but too heavy on cpu and not resizable. You also have too many modules that are all taxing cpu without being needed. Like limiter, neutrino. And honestly if I had to choose between the EQ or Pro Q2 id choose pro q 2. For dynamic eq id choose TDR nova instead. Why? Because neutron is simply not the best EQ and not the best Dynamic EQ neither.

Imagin 1 window, best EQ, spectrum, precise dynamic EQ if you need to, and saturation. All based on a per activated band system leaving the rest untouched. With the other mentionned goodies on 1st post

In other words: the plugin would be transparent and as light a ReaEQ instance when everything is off but when activated on demand would increase reasonnably.

Last edited by D Rocks; 04-18-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:30 PM   #4
mschnell

Open source (such as JSFX), and (free) Reaper built-in tools are more about modularity.

Combined tools, that by that are targeted to fulfill the taste/workflow of a dedicated limited group of users obviously are the domain of companies that provide specialized payed products.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:36 PM   #5
D Rocks

Yes I agree and am proposing if a genious here wants a idea maybe this one is a futuristic new standard. It might be a big statement but I believe it strongly is a next step - post-dynamic EQ.

Id pay for it without a doubt

And the more I think about it I feel like learning JSFX or c++ to do that
Old 04-19-2018, 06:56 AM   #6
mschnell

Regarding your requested GUI features it would need to be a fully fledged VST / AI done in C++.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:38 AM   #7
amagalma

Look here
Old 04-19-2018, 08:02 AM   #8
D Rocks

Thanks I will read carefully about it. At first glance it doesnt seem fit btw but Ill read.

Edit: yep its close to it! Its almost funny how endless are the options on this haha!! Quite impressive.
Yet I think it is not the exact concept since its unclear how the saturation is applied in the manual

It seems to be global saturation.

Last edited by D Rocks; 04-19-2018 at 12:50 PM.