Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 01-05-2018, 07:15 AM   #281
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

The "send all keyboard input to plugin" option is about being able to use spacebar in a plugin, without it enabled, space bar causes reaper playback to start/stop. Most other keys should reach the plugin without the option. Justin says that the option might need revisiting for linux though, but I think it's not related to this issue at all.

I did test fabfilter with the windows version of reaper in wine, and there numerical input and modifier-mouse works like it's supposed to do. IIRC it also does work correctly in the linvst version with standalone windows, so it seems to be related to using linvst with the embedded windows option.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)

Last edited by Jack Winter; 01-05-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #282
mainframe

I tried the MT Powerdrumkit and it works with d2d1 disabled but the drag and drop feature does not, rendering the plugin quite unusable. After some online browsing I found a ruby script that extracts all the grooves and saves them to .mid files. All nicely grouped and named. It's about 5MB of .mid files. I can zip them and upload somewhere to save others the trouble (maybe the stash).

Here is the link to the ruby script:
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=15686
mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:13 PM   #283
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainframe View Post
I tried the MT Powerdrumkit and it works with d2d1 disabled but the drag and drop feature does not, rendering the plugin quite unusable. After some online browsing I found a ruby script that extracts all the grooves and saves them to .mid files. All nicely grouped and named. It's about 5MB of .mid files. I can zip them and upload somewhere to save others the trouble (maybe the stash).

Here is the link to the ruby script:
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=15686
MT Powerdrumkit's Drag and Drop worked with the embedded version last time I looked, I'll retest it.

edit: I tested it and I can drag and drop grooves and fills into the composer window ok.

Last edited by osxmidi; 01-05-2018 at 08:43 PM.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:28 PM   #284
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
The "send all keyboard input to plugin" option is about being able to use spacebar in a plugin, without it enabled, space bar causes reaper playback to start/stop. Most other keys should reach the plugin without the option. Justin says that the option might need revisiting for linux though, but I think it's not related to this issue at all.

I did test fabfilter with the windows version of reaper in wine, and there numerical input and modifier-mouse works like it's supposed to do. IIRC it also does work correctly in the linvst version with standalone windows, so it seems to be related to using linvst with the embedded windows option.
I think it's best to use the window manager because some strange things seem to happen without it.
When the window manager is turned on, the wine window doesn't get kepress and keyrelease events which means keyboard input doesn't work.

This is what I can make of it all (with the window manager off).

A dot is selected with pro-q and then the alt-shift keys are pressed and then the mouse is clicked on the dot.

When that happens, Reapers plugin window wants to move and a move grab hand icon comes up.

The LinVst window that's within Reaper's plugin window get's ignored when the mouse click happens (after the alt-shift keys are pressed).

at-ctl-mouse click is ok because Reaper's plugin window doesn't use it but alt-shift (or just alt) mouse click isn't ok because Reaper's plugin window uses it for moving and the LinVst window get's ignored.

The actual modifier key presses are getting through to LinVst (for Reaper anyway) but it doesn't mean much when the mouse click happens (after the alt-shift keys are pressed) and Reapers plugin window gets set for moving and seems to cause the LinVst to be ignored and strange things might happen with maybe some things possibly working somewhat (a further mouse press after lifting the alt-shift keys moves the slope but in strange ways) or not working at all.

The standalone LinVst version doesn't have Reaper's plugin window involved with the standalone LinVst window, so it's ok.

Tracktion is ok because alt-shift-mouseclick is ignored by Tracktion's plugin window and so it all get's to the LinVst window.

Ardour and Bitwig do the same as Reaper with alt-shift-mouselick starting a window move with the plugin window and the LinVst window getting ignored.

atl-ctl is ok with Reaper, Ardour and Bitwig (also Tracktion) because it's not being used for anything regarding the plugin window and so the LinVst window gets it and it's ok.

Last edited by osxmidi; 01-06-2018 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:31 AM   #285
mainframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
MT Powerdrumkit's Drag and Drop worked with the embedded version last time I looked, I'll retest it.

edit: I tested it and I can drag and drop grooves and fills into the composer window ok.
Hmmm, weird, it does not work for me(running embedded and up to date). What overrides and winecfg settings would be relevant you think?
Old 01-07-2018, 05:09 AM   #286
osxmidi

Quote:
Hmmm, weird, it does not work for me(running embedded and up to date). What overrides and winecfg settings would be relevant you think?
None, I've just got d2d1 disabled and I'm using wine-staging with Debian 9 and I've also tested it with Ubuntu Studio.

SForzando drag and drop is working as well.

Maybe it's some library or system thing?

If LinVst can't open a window needed for drag and drop then it ignores drag and drop but that shouldn't be happening.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #287
Jack Winter

@osmidi: Ah I think we're miscommunicatiting

This is also something I ought to add to the reaper for linux wiki page. In order to be able to use Alt-click in reaper one has to make the window manager uses another key for move/resize window. I configure KDE (and it's window manager) to use the meta key instead (Windows/Logo key). There might also be global shortcuts in the DE that might interfere with other reaper hotkeys, so if you find that something like Ctrl-Alt-R doesn't bring up the render window, try to find what it's globally mapped to and unmap it, or assign a new one, like Alt-Win-R.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)

Last edited by Jack Winter; 01-07-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #288
osxmidi

Quote:
@osmidi: Ah I think we're miscommunicatiting

This is also something I ought to add to the reaper for linux wiki page. In order to be able to use Alt-click in reaper one has to make the window manager uses another key for move/resize window. I configure KDE (and it's window manager) to use the meta key instead (Windows/Logo key). There might also be global shortcuts in the DE that might interfere with other reaper hotkeys, so if you find that something like Ctrl-Alt-R doesn't bring up the render window, try to find what it's globally mapped to and unmap it, or assign a new one, like Alt-Win-R.
It is a bit confusing.

I would have thought that if you reassign modifiers away from the alt move then Pro Q should be ok.

Anyway, I've got keyboard input happening with the embedded version with the window manager (no need to turn the window manager off).

I've also got the LinVst server to cd into where the dll hangs out and so plugins thing they are in the directory where their dll is.

Last edited by osxmidi; 01-07-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:34 AM   #289
mainframe

Quote:
None, I've just got d2d1 disabled and I'm using wine-staging with Debian 9 and I've also tested it with Ubuntu Studio.

SForzando drag and drop is working as well.

Maybe it's some library or system thing?

If LinVst can't open a window needed for drag and drop then it ignores drag and drop but that shouldn't be happening.
Thanks a lot for the tip. I'll look into it. I'm running wine-stable so that might be the issue.

EDIT:
I tried with wine-staging and winehq-staging and both do not seem to work. I'll investigate a bit further later today.

Last edited by mainframe; 01-08-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:41 AM   #290
osxmidi

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the tip. I'll look into it. I'm running wine-stable so that might be the issue.
What distro are you using?

Maybe it's something to do with overrides.

Try deleting the .wine folder and then run winecfg.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #291
kytdkut

Any way to disable resizing in embedded LinVst during compilation? SoundToys plugins do not work well with recent LinVst versions. Now I'm sticking with 1.7.

When you press the "tweak" button the interface grows but it takes like 10 seconds for the plugin to be usable again. I prefer much more closing and opening the plug, much faster, never crashes.

Also SoundToys EffectRack stopped working altogether with this update (renoise does not load it and loading it in reaper makes linvst.exe crash). I could upload the crash log.

I don't suppose I could ask you to try these plugins? SoundToys has demo versions of their plugins but I dont know how is the autorization with iLok for demo versions (normal iLok authorization works just fine).

Also thanks again for your work, internet hero
kytdkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #292
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytdkut View Post
Any way to disable resizing in embedded LinVst during compilation? SoundToys plugins do not work well with recent LinVst versions. Now I'm sticking with 1.7.

When you press the "tweak" button the interface grows but it takes like 10 seconds for the plugin to be usable again. I prefer much more closing and opening the plug, much faster, never crashes.

Also SoundToys EffectRack stopped working altogether with this update (renoise does not load it and loading it in reaper makes linvst.exe crash). I could upload the crash log.

I don't suppose I could ask you to try these plugins? SoundToys has demo versions of their plugins but I dont know how is the autorization with iLok for demo versions (normal iLok authorization works just fine).

Also thanks again for your work, internet hero
It's one of those things where something might get added which then might break other things.

Turning resize off can be done by removing -DEMBEDRESIZE in the makefiles.

Might want to try it without -DEMBEDTHREAD as well.

Last edited by osxmidi; 01-08-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:22 AM   #293
Jack Winter

Quote:
It is a bit confusing.

I would have thought that if you reassign modifiers away from the alt move then Pro Q should be ok.

Anyway, I've got keyboard input happening with the embedded version with the window manager (no need to turn the window manager off).

I've also got the LinVst server to cd into where the dll hangs out and so plugins thing they are in the directory where their dll is.
Good news, just tried the latest fixes and in quick testing fabfilter plugins seem ok in embedded windows, both kb entry of values, as well as the use of hotkeys! I'll let you know if I find any lingering issues

Unfortunately the stillwell plugins still don't find the license file. I'll try to play with this if I find some time (unlikely in the near future :S ).
Old 01-09-2018, 04:27 AM   #294
osxmidi

Quote:
Good news, just tried the latest fixes and in quick testing fabfilter plugins seem ok in embedded windows, both kb entry of values, as well as the use of hotkeys! I'll let you know if I find any lingering issues

Unfortunately the stillwell plugins still don't find the license file. I'll try to play with this if I find some time (unlikely in the near future :S ).
Good news about the keyboard.

The plugin thinks it's in the dll's directory (with the cd changes) so if it's not looking in it's startup directory then maybe it might be a registry path setting or something like that.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:10 AM   #295
Jack Winter

Quote:
Good news about the keyboard.

The plugin thinks it's in the dll's directory (with the cd changes) so if it's not looking in it's startup directory then maybe it might be a registry path setting or something like that.
I'll ask stillwell, but iirc I already did a while ago (but forgot to report the linvst issue).. There are no registry entries, on windows it just looks in the directory it's invoked from.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:25 AM   #296
Jack Winter

Just looked at the source, but don't remember what you already tried.. Maybe using execle() instead of execlp() in remotevstclient.cpp is worth a try? I'll see if I get some time to look at this in greater detail. Now I have to prepare the material needed for tracking tonight, and then work :S

Still much obliged for fixing my fabfilter issues! That's the dog's bollocks B)
Old 01-10-2018, 04:35 AM   #297
Jack Winter

@osxmidi: Heh, spoke too soon..

While fixing the keyboard input with embedded windows in fabfilter plugs with the latest fixes I pulled yesterday, something broke the resizing of the FF GUI!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:26 AM   #298
osxmidi

Quote:
@osxmidi: Heh, spoke too soon..

While fixing the keyboard input with embedded windows in fabfilter plugs with the latest fixes I pulled yesterday, something broke the resizing of the FF GUI!
I took it off the default makefiles because it might cause some problems for some.

If you want resizing just enable -DEMBEDRESIZE in the makefiles (it's in the makefile comments).
Old 01-10-2018, 05:30 AM   #299
osxmidi

Quote:
Just looked at the source, but don't remember what you already tried.. Maybe using execle() instead of execlp() in remotevstclient.cpp is worth a try? I'll see if I get some time to look at this in greater detail. Now I have to prepare the material needed for tracking tonight, and then work :S

Still much obliged for fixing my fabfilter issues! That's the dog's bollocks B)
I've got lin-vst-server to change into the dll directory just before it loads the dll (look for SetCurrentDirectory in lin-vst-server.cpp).

So then the plugin thinks it's in the dll directory and in the case of the reg file, if the plugin is looking in the current directory then it should find it.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:22 AM   #300
Jack Winter

Quote:
I took it off the default makefiles because it might cause some problems for some.

If you want resizing just enable -DEMBEDRESIZE in the makefiles (it's in the makefile comments).
Ah I see, that was too far for me to look!

Thx
Old 02-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #301
Aliumhunter

Hey guys,

I just reinstalled my system and decided to give Linux Reaper another shot, this time seriously.

Back when I first tried it, I used the embedded LinVst, which didn't load any UIs into the Reaper FX window. I don't know why I simply gave up after that, but the standalone version works really well, many thanks for this great tool.

I still have an issue though, I can't get any sound out of my EZdrummer and EZkeys VSTs, not 64-, nor 32-bit. I got myself a pack of the Toontrack plugins back in the day and EZmix, as well as some other free VSTs that I've loaded work, but the instruments don't. Is there something I've missed? Excuse my naivity, but in the Wine version, these were simply plug & play.

I believe someone here was using them at one point, am I doing something wrong?
Aliumhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:00 AM   #302
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliumhunter View Post
Hey guys,

I just reinstalled my system and decided to give Linux Reaper another shot, this time seriously.

Back when I first tried it, I used the embedded LinVst, which didn't load any UIs into the Reaper FX window. I don't know why I simply gave up after that, but the standalone version works really well, many thanks for this great tool.

I still have an issue though, I can't get any sound out of my EZdrummer and EZkeys VSTs, not 64-, nor 32-bit. I got myself a pack of the Toontrack plugins back in the day and EZmix, as well as some other free VSTs that I've loaded work, but the instruments don't. Is there something I've missed? Excuse my naivity, but in the Wine version, these were simply plug & play.

I believe someone here was using them at one point, am I doing something wrong?
I have had it working in the past.

I downloaded the demo but I couldn't get the sound to work, but then I realised (much later after reinstalling) that I've already had the demo and it must have expired months ago and it's a wonder that it actually loaded ok in Reaper.

Before realising all of that, I deleted the .wine folder and installed again and this time it said my demo time was up (that's when I realised that I'd used the demo before and it must have expired), so I would say the reason why the sound didn't work in my case was due to the copy protection and me having already used the demo months ago (10 day demo period applies).

So I can't test it out, and if anyone else can add anything then please do.

Superior Drummer and EZDrummer seem to have copy protection that might not activate things properly for whatever reason.

There is also a warning in the 64 bit install, but I don't know if it means anything or not for the sound

---
the path for the sound library can not be used by the 64 bit version.

we recommend choosing a 32 bit friendly path
---

Last edited by osxmidi; 02-17-2018 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:19 AM   #303
Jack Winter

Strange. FWIW, deleting the wineprefix ought to wipe everything out and let you try the demo again.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:16 AM   #304
Aliumhunter

Hi, thanks for your efforts.

I've just downloaded PianoOne and I do get sound out of that, so it's apparently something related to the Toontrack VSTs.

What I can tell you is that I have registered my installations via their product manager software, so that shouldn't be an issue and at least in the case of EZkeys, the demo version detunes the piano every couple of minutes, so you should still get sound, it's just not very usable.

I've used the plugins over the last year with the Windows Reaper + WineASIO in Wine and they always worked flawlessly. I also got the directory-warning on installation and created a folder directly in drive_c for all that stuff, but that didn't seem to change anything. I believe that I just used the standard paths on my last installation for 64-bit and that still worked, though.

If you have any ideas, I'm willing to try out everything that could make it work. I'm gonna have another look at the settings, but I'm a bit clueless as to what could be the cause, unfortunately..
Old 02-17-2018, 06:10 AM   #305
Jack Winter

FWIW, I just re-enabled a wineprefix where i had ezdrummer installed, after some bad starts I finally got it scanned and available in reaper/linvst. No audio output though...

If I find the time I might download the last demo and try to create a new wineprefix to see if it works for me. Another thing to test is if it works with reaper running under wine, but fails with reaper for linux with linvst.

I see that I have to provide an email + password to try the demo, that would be a good reason that deleting the prefix and reinstalling would still leave the demo expired. Maybe creating a new account with toontrack would allow testing again for 10 days. Don't know how willing they are to issue NFRs, many years ago when I was working on wineasio I asked for one for superior drummer, but either got no answer or was denied, don't remember the specifics.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #306
osxmidi

Quote:
Strange. FWIW, deleting the wineprefix ought to wipe everything out and let you try the demo again.
They keep the demo expire time on their online database or whatever, so once 10 days are up that's it.

A different email might get another 10 days.

Quite a few plugins do the same thing.

I forgot about using the demo before.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:40 AM   #307
osxmidi

Quote:

I've just downloaded PianoOne and I do get sound out of that, so it's apparently something related to the Toontrack VSTs.

What I can tell you is that I have registered my installations via their product manager software, so that shouldn't be an issue and at least in the case of EZkeys, the demo version detunes the piano every couple of minutes, so you should still get sound, it's just not very usable.

I've used the plugins over the last year with the Windows Reaper + WineASIO in Wine and they always worked flawlessly. I also got the directory-warning on installation and created a folder directly in drive_c for all that stuff, but that didn't seem to change anything. I believe that I just used the standard paths on my last installation for 64-bit and that still worked, though.

If you have any ideas, I'm willing to try out everything that could make it work. I'm gonna have another look at the settings, but I'm a bit clueless as to what could be the cause, unfortunately..
From what I've read, if the Toontrack vst's think something is not right (license wise) they cut the sound.

What could cause that for your setup, I don't really know, it could be a license thing with Toontrack (maybe check your account license) or something where wine has corrupted something or something else.

I did get the EZDrummer demo running with sound months ago, but I can't now because their database has my 10 day demo limit as expired, which was right.

I did get EZDrummer running just now but with no sound because the plugin thought something was a bit strange with my license and cut the sound.

I then decided to get rid of the old prefix and reinstall (because I hadn't realised I'd already used the demo time) and see if that would enable the sound and that's when EZDrummer said evaluation expired.

A bit strange how I could run it at first with no sound and then not run it at all but that's how Toontracks copy protection does it's thing.

I suppose that seeing that Wine is not really Windows, that it maybe confused the copy protection at first to some degree (no sound though) and then the copy protection decided that the demo license wasn't valid at all and stopped everything.

Last edited by osxmidi; 02-17-2018 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #308
osxmidi

LinVst doesn't have much to do with online copy protection or any copy protection, that's really between Wine and the plugin, and for online activation whatever online accounts are involved.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #309
Jack Winter

FWIW, I think it's a linvst bug of some kind. I just created a new 64b wineprefix and installed the ezdrummer demo into it. I then tried to run it with reaper/linvst and I get to register it and it seems responsive but no audio output from it. I then installed 64b reaper for windows and wineasio to the same prefix, and from there there is audio output from ezdrummer.

So in short it works in reaper for windows, but the same install/prefix does not make any audio output hosted by reaper for linux + linvst.

PS, fabfilter plugs work fantastically well, many thanks for fixing that!

I can't recall, but I seem to remember testing ezdrummer in the past with linvst and having it working, but not 100% sure on that account... That must be the reason that I already did have a toontracks prefix.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:27 AM   #310
osxmidi

Quote:

I've found out what was wrong with LinVst and EZDrummer and fixed it.

I've updated the code and the Linvst 1.9 binaries.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Another thing is that the EZDrummer wine drumkit window tends to flash and it might prevent Reaper quiting if it's playing the drumkit, and the way around that is to choose another window such as the EZDrummer mixer window (if the drumkit is playing) before quiting Reaper (it's just a Wine window quirk that happens with EZDrummer).

Last edited by osxmidi; 02-18-2018 at 03:18 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:43 AM   #311
Jack Winter

Quote:
I can confirm that the ezdrummer demo runs again.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:04 AM   #312
Aliumhunter

Oh my god, I've just tried the new version and both EZDrummer and EZKeys work now as well. That's really great!

Quote:
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Seriously? I have to thank you for fixing this so quickly. Since you basically did that for me (although it will hopefully also benefit other people in the future), can I buy you a beer or a coffee or a tea or however your people handle this kind of stuff?

Quote:
Would you mind sharing what was wrong in a general sense, just out of curiosity?

Quote:
Another thing is that the EZDrummer wine drumkit window tends to flash and it might prevent Reaper quiting if it's playing the drumkit
I am aware of that, it's been doing that in Windows Reaper from the beginning as well. I don't know what's causing it, but I've always just closed the effect window once I had set everything up, so I never faced that issue.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #313
Jack Winter

Regarding http://www.stillwellaudio.com, Olga and Oligarc fail to scan (crashes reaper), think I have seen that before, but I'm quite sure it worked sometime in the past. Think you can have a look at that?

Also in spite of the changes you did earlier, stillwell plugins still don't find the registration file. Not sure about how to proceed with that.

Also would you accept a patch to reduce the console spam? Maybe remove the copyright lines, and just precede each logging line with LinVst vX.x ?
Old 02-18-2018, 05:12 PM   #314
reddiesel41264

Default SFZ Player

Does anyone know of a free (as in GNU) SFZ or SF2 player VST plugin that work on Linux?
Old 02-18-2018, 08:00 PM   #315
osxmidi

Quote:
Oh my god, I've just tried the new version and both EZDrummer and EZKeys work now as well. That's really great!

Seriously? I have to thank you for fixing this so quickly. Since you basically did that for me (although it will hopefully also benefit other people in the future), can I buy you a beer or a coffee or a tea or however your people handle this kind of stuff?

Would you mind sharing what was wrong in a general sense, just out of curiosity?

I am aware of that, it's been doing that in Windows Reaper from the beginning as well. I don't know what's causing it, but I've always just closed the effect window once I had set everything up, so I never faced that issue.
It was the dumbest thing.

LinVst up to 1.8 was ok with EZDrummer but I made some changes for LinVst 1.9 and I dropped enabling the plugin when the plugin is first opened because the plugins seemed to open already enabled.

That seemed to be the case for most plugins but not for EZDrummer, so I needed to enable EZDrummer after opening it otherwise it wasn't enabled and so no sound was happening.

Last edited by osxmidi; 02-18-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #316
osxmidi

Quote:
Regarding http://www.stillwellaudio.com, Olga and Oligarc fail to scan (crashes reaper), think I have seen that before, but I'm quite sure it worked sometime in the past. Think you can have a look at that?

Also in spite of the changes you did earlier, stillwell plugins still don't find the registration file. Not sure about how to proceed with that.

Also would you accept a patch to reduce the console spam? Maybe remove the copyright lines, and just precede each logging line with LinVst vX.x ?
I'll have a look at them.

The stillwell reg is I think more to do with Wine than LinVst because LinVst doesn't deal with reg files.

Could the stillwell reg file problem be related to a name/extension problem.

That would be the first 2 things to look at, a possible location problem and a possible name problem.

I've got the plugin thinking that it's in the plugins directory, so if the plugin looks in the current directory it will be where the plugin dll is located.

Wine 3.2 is out, have you tried that.

Another note is that I found some unimplemented functions in d2d1 for Serum and I've told the Wine dev's about them but whether they have implemented them I don't know, if they ever implement them then Serum might run without overrides.

I've got to list the dssi code writers (even though it's only partially used after a lot of changes).

Last edited by osxmidi; 02-18-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #317
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddiesel41264 View Post
Does anyone know of a free (as in GNU) SFZ or SF2 player VST plugin that work on Linux?
I think Carla can from what I've read.

There is also https://github.com/osxmidi/SFZero/releases (MIT License) but it's not totally complete (it's seems to be ok for a lot of things though).
Old 02-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #318
osxmidi

Quote:

I tested Olga with Wine 3.2 (from WineHQ) and Debian stretch and it all seems to be ok.

Maybe it's a library problem with your Wine and Arch.

The stillwell reg file might be encrypted and maybe wine is calling on encryption libraries and that might have problems, maybe, just a suggestion.

Last edited by osxmidi; 02-18-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:05 AM   #319
reddiesel41264

Quote:
I think Carla can from what I've read.

There is also https://github.com/osxmidi/SFZero/releases (MIT License) but it's not totally complete (it's seems to be ok for a lot of things though).
Thanks I'll check out SFZero. Can Carla be ran as a VST?
Old 02-19-2018, 05:27 AM   #320
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddiesel41264 View Post
Thanks I'll check out SFZero. Can Carla be ran as a VST?
Yes.

It's been quite a while since I've used Carla.

When I used it I could load windows vst's and lv2's within Carla when Carla was loaded as a vst in Linux Reaper (or other Linux vst hosts).

From what I've read, Carla seems to have linuxsampler built in to it, but I've never used it and others would know more about Carla than me.