Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-22-2016, 08:58 AM   #1
Daniel Webb
Human being with feelings

Default Mobius Sync Loss when Repeating Regions in Reaper

Hi,

I posted this in the Mobius forums (http://www.circularlabs.com/forums/s...=6081#post6081) and got absolutely zero response. Anyone here got any comments?

I'm not even sure if what I'm trying to do is possible or even wise, but would really appreciate some feedback from anyone experienced.

I'm attempting to play live using some songs I've recorded in reaper as backing tracks

I have a song in reaper with various regions marked out - introduction, verse1, verse2, chorus1, instrumental etc

What I'm trying to do is repeat the introduction region in reaper and then record loops in Mobius live before moving the selection in reaper to the next region - verse1.

The problem I encounter is that Mobius seems to get confused when reaper loops back to the start of the region, the pie chart on the loop goes from full to 80%full and the loop gets out of sync.

I've spent hours fiddling with Sync Source, Sync Unit, Host Sync Unit, Realign time and any other likely looking parameters but without success.

Has anyone got any experience of using Mobius in this way? Is it even possible?

I've recorded a video trying to show the behaviour:
https://youtu.be/4RJrQ52QoXA
You can see the loop resyncing at 28 seconds

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall (in a slightly out of sync manner).

Cheers
Daniel
Daniel Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
DarrenH
Human being with feelings

Hi Daniel, I'm just getting into Mobius and making some headway in understanding the basics. Did you ever figure this out?

I can't really tell what's going on without the audio, I see the Mobius loop repeat a few times, so I can't help you there. But I have noticed that Mobius doesn't always stay in lock step with the host when sync is set to 'host' for track 1. I'm not sure why that is, trying to figure it out.

To try and answer your issue (if I understand it correctly), as far as I know the host has not control over Mobius at all other than tempo...there's no way to tell it to rewind by x bars, etc.

I would be interested in whether Reaper could sent a full pause to every track in Mobius when stopped, perhaps via triggering a script, and then full start again. I'm not there yet.

Good luck and hope you've mastered it by now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Webb View Post
Hi,

I posted this in the Mobius forums (http://www.circularlabs.com/forums/s...=6081#post6081) and got absolutely zero response. Anyone here got any comments?

I'm not even sure if what I'm trying to do is possible or even wise, but would really appreciate some feedback from anyone experienced.

I'm attempting to play live using some songs I've recorded in reaper as backing tracks

I have a song in reaper with various regions marked out - introduction, verse1, verse2, chorus1, instrumental etc

What I'm trying to do is repeat the introduction region in reaper and then record loops in Mobius live before moving the selection in reaper to the next region - verse1.

The problem I encounter is that Mobius seems to get confused when reaper loops back to the start of the region, the pie chart on the loop goes from full to 80%full and the loop gets out of sync.

I've spent hours fiddling with Sync Source, Sync Unit, Host Sync Unit, Realign time and any other likely looking parameters but without success.

Has anyone got any experience of using Mobius in this way? Is it even possible?

I've recorded a video trying to show the behaviour:
https://youtu.be/4RJrQ52QoXA
You can see the loop resyncing at 28 seconds

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall (in a slightly out of sync manner).

Cheers
Daniel
DarrenH is online now   Reply With Quote