Old 03-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
Sexan
Human being with feelings

Default v5.78pre2 - March 11 2018

v5.78pre2 - March 11 2018
+ Envelopes: convert automation items to square points when copy/pasting to mute, tempo, or FX bypass envelope and automation item is not pooled
+ Envelopes: generally prevent curved envelope segments on FX bypass envelopes
+ Multichannel audio: properly name single-channel items after "explode by channel" action [t=203560]
+ ReaScript: allow running scripts with restricted permissions via "ReaScript: Run [Last] ReaScript..." actions
+ ReaSurround: add edit modes to move selected inputs directly towards or away from a specific speaker
+ ReaSurround: add relative speaker influence mode
+ ReaSurround: hold shift key for faster edit, control key for slower edit
+ ReaSurround: initialize arrangements with speakers closer to the edge of the space
+ ReaSurround: restrict edits to the visible space
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
cfillion

What are the restricted permissions? EDIT: Seems to be at least os and io are removed (including os.time).

Last edited by cfillion; 03-11-2018 at 10:28 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:27 AM   #3
EvilDragon

Another regression:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....66#post1965566

Last edited by schwa; 03-12-2018 at 06:49 AM. Reason: replaced thread killing image
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:12 AM   #4
RobinGShore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
v5.78pre2 - March 11 2018
+ ReaSurround: add edit modes to move selected inputs directly towards or away from a specific speaker
+ ReaSurround: add relative speaker influence mode
+ ReaSurround: hold shift key for faster edit, control key for slower edit
+ ReaSurround: initialize arrangements with speakers closer to the edge of the space
+ ReaSurround: restrict edits to the visible space
Wow, thanks so much for starting to address some of the things that were brought up in the Surround Panning post. I'm still having trouble getting it to behave the way I want, but this is much closer. If my output is set to 5.1 and the influence mode is set to absolute I'm now able to do a pan across the front between left and center without any sound leaking into the right. Perfect! I start to run into problems when I try to use the rear speakers, though. If I have the pan puck in the front left corner and start moving it straight backwards, I don't get any sound in the back left channel until the puck is halfway back, and the front left channel drops off completely after that. If I have the puck exactly halfway between front and back, I don't get any sound at all! I would expect some sound to start playing out the back left as soon as I start moving back towards it, and the front shouldn't disappear completely until the puck is in the back left corner.

There are similar problems if I try to pan between the two rear speakers. If I pan from back left to back right I don't get anything in the back right until the puck has crossed the center, at which point the back left disappears completely.

The rear speakers behave better if I switch to absolute mode, but that messes up things with the front speakers, I start getting bleed into the right speakers when the puck is between left and center, and I still get some bleed into the front speakers even when the puck is all the way along the back edge.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #5
heda

thank you for ReaSurround improvements to an already awesome plugin.

Is there a way to Get/Set some of the non automated parameters in ReaSurround? Like Number of inputs or speaker setup, etc
I'm doing a script with ReaSurround and I needed those parameters but I don't know their names we have to use in the reaper.TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm function
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:20 AM   #6
introvert

I'm hearing the same issues RobinGShore is with regards to panning.

In a 5.1 config, reducing the default Y depth by half seems to make the front to back pan much smoother, but the pan between Ls and Rs still has that huge empty space in it. And I can't seem to correct it without messing up panning in the front.

This is awesome progress though! Thank you!!
introvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #7
Ice

Thanks for looking into this! These improvements are drastically better.

Love the restricted movement - ie - getting to corners.

Thank you for the sliders and return to NULL on the outputs!!!

Speaker influence "Relative" feels much better than absolute to me. I can't tell yet how the pan law is working there, but much smoother transitions, and can still get directly to outputs.

I only had time to test a mono to 7.1 output so far.

One major issue for me that has always been there, is the channel order for 7.1. I come from a PT background and I'll need confirmation on this, but shouldn't the side surrounds channels should be 5-6 and the REAR surrounds should be 7-8. From what I can tell the sides are rears are swapped in Reasurround's channel order.

Shouldn't the SMPTE channel order for 7.1 be?:

1 - L
2 - R
3 - C
4 - LFE
5 - Lss (left surround side)
6 - Rss (right surround side)
7 - Lsr (left surround rear)
8 - Rsr (right surround rear)

This can be addressed with PINS, but shouldn't we start with the correct channel order by default?
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #8
introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Speaker influence "Relative" feels much better than absolute to me. I can't tell yet how the pan law is working there, but much smoother transitions, and can still get directly to outputs.
Just fired it up again and relative is definitely much better. I'm still hearing a dip between speakers but it's better. I'm not 100% sure how the pan works in PT, though I would assume that's the expected standard for how film works so that would be ideal.

Quote:
One major issue for me that has always been there, is the channel order for 7.1.
My understanding is that SMPTE channel order is as Ice describes. So yeah, getting this changed would be ideal, as we do everything in SMPTE channel order on the PS4/XB1. It does look like ITU-R has the correct SMPTE channel order, but it's got the circular pan rather than the square.

Thank you all so much for your work on this. This is great progress so far!!
introvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #9
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
channel order for 7.1
Ah, thanks. We can fix this in a way that doesn't affect existing projects, so we will.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #10
Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Ah, thanks. We can fix this in a way that doesn't affect existing projects, so we will.
You guys are amazing!

I concur with Introvert that there is a dip between channels even in relative mode. At least in the default setting. I haven't played around with adjusting anything else.

Its a significant step toward usability from previous versions though. Thanks a ton for listening!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #11
Ice

Its very hard to grab the puck with a mouse while its automated, for doing updates. Its like trying to catch a Snitch!

Any chance of increasing the target area for pucks?
Old 03-13-2018, 10:38 AM   #12
MaestroS

Default track the folder of the content

Justin !!!!!!!!!! Please make it possible to track the folder of the content shift of the nested tracks
MaestroS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #13
EvilDragon

Too many exclamation marks.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote