Old 04-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
shockwave199
Human being with feelings

Default Glitchy MIDI playback (SOLVED)

Edit- See last post- sloved.

I'm getting whacked out midi playback of the midi recording I make with my e-drums. My roland td-10 is triggering ezdrummer and I'm recording the midi performance in reaper- all setup and done within reaper. The problem isn't dropped notes, but rather, extra notes. Triple triggers for kick or snare. If I record the midi of just the kick, it's fine. Kick and snare gets whacky. A full performance- very bad.

The chain- edrums into roland td-10 into RME 9652 midi in triggering ezdrummer, midi recorded within reaper. 2 gigs memory. I have screwed around with different buffer settings in the sound card to no avail. On that note- I have buffers set very low while performing and bump it up for playback. Each time I play back the midi file it randomly plays DIFFERENTLY! But the double/triple triggers are actually getting recorded, though not actually being played during the performance. I believe everything is set right in the roland brain. I'm using 2.146 version of reaper.

I posted this in the general forum first, last week. Not much help, but I did notice that currently, a few others are experiencing problems playing back midi. So maybe a bug? I actually hope so, cause then it may have a chance of getting solved! Thanks.

Dan

Last edited by shockwave199; 05-02-2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Solved
shockwave199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Edus Rhonius

You may want to switch to another VSTi like battery. I set my drummer up with that and his TD6, and it is awesome. We play metal so its alot of fast hits, no double hits at all.
Out of curiosity, what MIDI drivers do you have enabled?
Edus Rhonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
shockwave199

I'm not at my setup at the moment. I'll take a look and report back. I'm quite sure I have the midi enabled from the RME 9652. Thanks for your response.

Dan
Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
shockwave199

Solved. What was messing up my midi playback was the Schwa midi note namer plug. Not the plug persay, but having it active in the chain. If I untick it from being active in the chain [first position, btw], midi records and plays back perfectly and note names still appear as they should even with the plug unticked. The minute I activate the plug, midi will get screwy. This is in THIS context of what I'm doing here. All is well with the note namer plugin while using EZD in the usual drag & drop fashion.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Dan