Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-11-2018, 03:49 AM   #1
pierogilover
Human being with feelings

Default glitchy playback, playback speed slower than track speed, gliches when moving mouse

I experience some wierd Problems with Reaper :

After some time, when loading some projects, the playback speed is slower and the sound comes out all glitchy. I get some strange noise while moving the mouse in the UI (??).
The midi is also messed up, the notes are out of sync (Sometimes the playback speed is normal but the problems starts with the notes being out of sync).

I also experience a strange behaviour where some notes of the midi clips aren't played. It doesn't have to be the same note every time. By replaying this exact clip I sometimes get these notes played, sometimes not.

What I tried, without success
- different sound card
- set to Asio or direct out or WASAPI

I don't see the Problem in other daws

OK, I'm not excluding that some vsts are at fault here. because I have tons of free vsts loaded up. But still, super annoying.
pierogilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:11 AM   #2
Jagger
Human being with feelings

Default Glitch problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierogilover View Post
I experience some wierd Problems with Reaper :

After some time, when loading some projects, the playback speed is slower and the sound comes out all glitchy. I get some strange noise while moving the mouse in the UI (??).
The midi is also messed up, the notes are out of sync (Sometimes the playback speed is normal but the problems starts with the notes being out of sync).

I also experience a strange behaviour where some notes of the midi clips aren't played. It doesn't have to be the same note every time. By replaying this exact clip I sometimes get these notes played, sometimes not.

What I tried, without success
- different sound card
- set to Asio or direct out or WASAPI

I don't see the Problem in other daws

OK, I'm not excluding that some vsts are at fault here. because I have tons of free vsts loaded up. But still, super annoying.

hello, i have same kind of problems in Reaper on Mac OS Lion and a Akai EIE PRO usb external sound card... Player causes some horrible cut and slow sound, but, but ... when i activate right click on my mouse... Playback is perfect ... I tried with the 3 possible Akai drivers... same problem. My configuration is Mac Pro 2006. 40 gigas RAM 2,66 ghz, No problem on snow leopard with a Tascam FW1804... Any ideas ?? Thanks a lot
Jagger

Everything is ok with an old Reaper version... 4,15 right now corresponding to Mac OS Lion 2011. Seems strange that 2018 Reaper versions work perfectly with Snow Leopard and that Lion (posterior...) accept only Reaper 4.15. 2013 version... Any idea ???

Last edited by Jagger; 03-23-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Some news ...
Jagger is offline   Reply With Quote