Old 01-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #1
ejanejarr
Human being with feelings

Default Master Meters pre-fx (DONE)

Happy new year everyone. Sorry if this has been asked before. Could we have a pre-fader option for master channel metering, just like normal tracks? Meaning pre-fader and pre-inserts, actually. Reason is:

I'm using Sonarworks Reference for heaphone mixing (a plugin that tries to compensate the frequency curve so headphones sound more 'balanced'), but in doing so, the master levels change slightly, even with the plugin at 0.0dB, since it is bassically an EQ.

This kind of plugins are not supossed to be rendered, you have to turn them off before. So whatever peaks the master meters show whit them on, they are wrong. So I have to use a plugin to read peaks, and everyone I've tried requires a manual reset, while the master meters peaks reset themselves everytime the transport plays. The plugin itself recommends set its listening levels some decibels down to prevent intersample peaks, so that ends up making the master meters quite useless.

There are some people using this kind of helpers (there's also Toneboosters' Morphit and for those who'd say "You don't mix with headphones", there's another Sonarworks plugin to calibrate speakers within a room and I guess it creates the same problem). So definitely a first world problem, but it'd be cool to have an option to work around it.

Last edited by ejanejarr; 01-06-2018 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Found a solution so feature not needed anymore
ejanejarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
lachrimae

Hi,

Shift click the FX button on the Master and that'll open the Monitor FX window. Any FX you place there will only be monitored and not rendered.
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:18 AM   #3
ejanejarr

That's it! Thanks a lot!
ejanejarr is offline   Reply With Quote