Old 05-03-2019, 08:29 AM   #441
heda
Human being with feelings
 
heda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 5,426
Default

Why only A B and C layouts? I would suggest more layouts. Starting with A, B and C but let the user add more if needed, from the script. Also, REAPER should add the option to define standard layouts and a system to match them between themed, for example all layouts "A" would become layout "X" in another theme etc. This way I can open a project with separator tracks for example, and change the theme and the separator layout would be maintained even if the theme names it layout "Sep" for example. Or we could make standard recommended layout names for all v6 themes. But A B and C are not great descriptive names.
heda is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:31 AM   #442
Lokasenna
Human being with feelings
 
Lokasenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 6,251
Default

In an ideal world it would just have +/- buttons and let you use as many layouts as you want. From the scripting side this would be relatively straightforward, but:

Reaper doesn't give us an easy way to dynamically add/remove layouts in a theme.

It's technically possible, if the theme were unzipped and the script actually edited the theme file directly, but that might not be very practical to distribute or maintain, especially if a Reaper update also includes theme changes.
Lokasenna is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:45 AM   #443
Neutronic
Human being with feelings
 
Neutronic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Selected status [...]
I got a lot of user feedback against the dots I used for this in V5
Though I like the dots approach, here's how I solved the track selection dilemma for my v4 theme mod I'm still using today:



In other words, the main bg part of each track stays untinted in all states, but the strip on the left is dimmed when unselected and colored white when selected.

So far I haven't had any problems discerning selected tracks.
Neutronic is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:48 AM   #444
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings
 
_Stevie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,788
Default

Valid points concerning the icons and colors. Yes, I literally want to make the less important tracks "less crowded" with elements, so that they clearly stand out. Ideally, this would apply to both, MCP and TCP.
I'll post some screenshots from my template:

"TCP, same layout to all tracks":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p379ygh4nz...71410.png?dl=0

"TCP, layout A, B and C":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/szcvvf09fe...71338.png?dl=0

It still looks very crowded, I have to admit. But the last screenshot
makes it more bearable. However, I Haven't found a good way to handle lots of tracks in a visual pleasant way, yet.


And for the MCP, it would be great to have the same hide and show options as in the TCP. Have a look here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd4vztncao...17.17.png?dl=0
__________________
My Reascripts forum thread | My Reascripts on GitHub | Stephan R÷mer - film composer
If you wish to donate for my scripts: please consider an organization like: animal shelter, doctors without borders, UNICEF, etc...
_Stevie_ is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #445
heda
Human being with feelings
 
heda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 5,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
In an ideal world it would just have +/- buttons and let you use as many layouts as you want. From the scripting side this would be relatively straightforward, but:

Reaper doesn't give us an easy way to dynamically add/remove layouts in a theme.

It's technically possible, if the theme were unzipped and the script actually edited the theme file directly, but that might not be very practical to distribute or maintain, especially if a Reaper update also includes theme changes.
ok, I thought that if Default_6 can change layouts on the fly, it would not be difficult to add layouts.
I think it should be possible but I agree it may require some internal changes in REAPER on how to manage themes and layouts. Maybe in next major version. like REAPER 6 or something
heda is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 AM   #446
wallace
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronic View Post
Though I like the dots approach, here's how I solved the track selection dilemma for my v4 theme mod I'm still using today:



In other words, the main bg part of each track stays untinted in all states, but the strip on the left is dimmed when unselected and colored white when selected.

So far I haven't had any problems discerning selected tracks.
Nice 👍
wallace is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #447
Levitanus
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Novosibirsk, Russia
Posts: 15
Default

I found a bug with recoloring:
if autocolor within option color tracks inside folder enabled, options "dim color" break it, assigning colors for every track inside folder separately.
Can colors be dimmed only for tracks were colored manually?

Have no idea, how it looks in API, never worked in that direction...
Levitanus is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #448
jbraner
Human being with feelings
 
jbraner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 244
Default

I haven't tried this theme yet - but I hope there will be an option to *not* have colors in the TCP. I use a hacked version of Commala 5 - with just the color in the "strip" like this




I just don't care for the colored TCP tracks
jbraner is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #449
ecl
Human being with feelings
 
ecl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 398
Default

Here`s a gift showing what I said before:



ecl is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 03:19 PM   #450
inarisound
Human being with feelings
 
inarisound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronic View Post
Though I like the dots approach, here's how I solved the track selection dilemma for my v4 theme mod I'm still using today:



In other words, the main bg part of each track stays untinted in all states, but the strip on the left is dimmed when unselected and colored white when selected.

So far I haven't had any problems discerning selected tracks.
I really like this solution!

p.s I hope it's possible to make some visual representation when you create a folder by dragging, and have some separation line (or any visual representation) when you rearrange FX

inarisound is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #451
Levitanus
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Novosibirsk, Russia
Posts: 15
Default

Can't understand what is difference between the phono track and others
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-05-04_12-51-35.png (47.7 KB, 236 views)
Levitanus is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 05:03 AM   #452
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronic View Post
Though I like the dots approach, here's how I solved the track selection dilemma for my v4 theme mod I'm still using today:



In other words, the main bg part of each track stays untinted in all states, but the strip on the left is dimmed when unselected and colored white when selected.

So far I haven't had any problems discerning selected tracks.
Similar approach could be used with item selection too - bright name background indicates selection:
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 05:49 AM   #453
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings
 
_Stevie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,788
Default

Excellent suggestion.
__________________
My Reascripts forum thread | My Reascripts on GitHub | Stephan R÷mer - film composer
If you wish to donate for my scripts: please consider an organization like: animal shelter, doctors without borders, UNICEF, etc...
_Stevie_ is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 07:22 AM   #454
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecl View Post

- Where can I get a dev version of Reaper for use and check this new Theme ?
Didn't spot an answer to your Q here so:

https://www.landoleet.org/
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #455
MaXyM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Excellent suggestion.
In theme tweaker, there is "Draw colored bar on selected media item" option" with ability to setup the color.
Not the same solution you are asking for (valid request IMO, GUI consistency-wise) but it should help in identifying an selected item. There is also similar option for takes.
MaXyM is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 10:40 AM   #456
lowellben
Human being with feelings
 
lowellben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: They put me in a home.
Posts: 3,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
In theme tweaker, there is "Draw colored bar on selected media item" option" with ability to setup the color.
Not the same solution you are asking for (valid request IMO, GUI consistency-wise) but it should help in identifying an selected item. There is also similar option for takes.
Selection color highlight has always been awfully poor in Reaper. You always need to look twice to see what's selected. You can't have it all lol. If you want colored clips then you have to deal with hard to see brightness color selections. Why this is the norm now is beyond me. It used to be inverted across DAWs for years. You select something it DARKENS and the waveform gets lighter. Now it's reverse.

Awful UX imo. But in the end, the theme will end up exactly how WT envisions it

And Reaper 6 will live or die on new users, market share, and profits ultimately. So there is a lot riding on this theme.
It's not just a power trip lol. We should all work together and be open. Good luck WT.
__________________
47.8% of statistics are made up.
lowellben is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 11:12 AM   #457
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,537
Default

Quote:
And Reaper 6 will live or die on new users, market share, and profits ultimately. So there is a lot riding on this theme.
not really though. I've never seen them do something motivated by market share or profits. They don't even email you when your license expires. I've never seen any advertising or effort to monetize.

Nothing will be removed. Reaper isn't worse because of an optional theme that you don't like.
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #458
MaestroS
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 34
Default Add deceleration of frozen tracks to distinguish them

Add deceleration of frozen tracks to distinguish them
MaestroS is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #459
lowellben
Human being with feelings
 
lowellben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: They put me in a home.
Posts: 3,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
not really though. I've never seen them do something motivated by market share or profits. They don't even email you when your license expires. I've never seen any advertising or effort to monetize.

Nothing will be removed. Reaper isn't worse because of an optional theme that you don't like.
lol you misunderstood.
the new theme will NOT bring in as many new users as a cleaner more robust theme could. therefore, profits would not be maxmimized. profits will not be as high. it's literally basic economics. It's not specific to Cockos or whatever you're talking about their motivation. I was talking about actual business.

It's not "an optional" theme dude. it's literally the default 6 that ALL new users that are considering reaper for the first time will see. before they know about themes and tweaks or whatever, the product on the shelf. basic business.

Reaper default 6 theme is what it will be known for, in screenshots around the web, on youtube, in reviews, it's THE face of the flagship. the hell with how you can power change all your themez. the stock theme is incredibly powerful i'm sorry you don't understand that. but i know business.

it's not appealing and therefore not ideal for a business who has any interest in staying open or relevant. but ok.
__________________
47.8% of statistics are made up.
lowellben is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #460
Lokasenna
Human being with feelings
 
Lokasenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 6,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
lol you misunderstood.
the new theme will NOT bring in as many new users as a cleaner more robust theme could. therefore, profits would not be maxmimized. profits will not be as high. it's literally basic economics. It's not specific to Cockos or whatever you're talking about their motivation. I was talking about actual business.
Cockos have never, one time, suggested that they care about profit or market share - we're talking about a company that doesn't even advertise their only product. Justin is (or at least, was) independently wealthy and does this because he wants to.
Lokasenna is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #461
lowellben
Human being with feelings
 
lowellben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: They put me in a home.
Posts: 3,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Cockos have never, one time, suggested that they care about profit or market share. Justin is (or at least, was) independently wealthy and does this because he wants to.
Regardless the facts remain as I stated them.

The default 6 theme absolutely carries with it weight and it will make or break the reception of Reaper as a REAL professional DAW. Especially those new users who are remotely interesting in jumping ship. Anyone who argues against that is either trolling or oblivious to how the world works

To suggest the default theme is not important to Reaper's spot in the DAW world proves how fanboi sensitive people are here. Let someone else do it.

What a shame that nobody cares about Reaper like a true professional product where people actually WANT it to succeed and be used. Not just a toy. As you claim Justin doesn't care etc etc.

I am optimistic.
__________________
47.8% of statistics are made up.
lowellben is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:02 PM   #462
Lokasenna
Human being with feelings
 
Lokasenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 6,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
the reception of Reaper as a REAL professional DAW
The same complaint has been raised every time we get a new default theme, yet Reaper's userbase continues to grow (if the number of members on the forum and in the FB user group is anything to go by).

I happen to think the v5 theme is really good, nitpicks aside - the biggest thing "wrong" with it is the parts that aren't themeable, and I'll never understand Cockos' reluctance to fix that.
Lokasenna is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #463
lowellben
Human being with feelings
 
lowellben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: They put me in a home.
Posts: 3,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
The same complaint has been raised every time we get a new default theme, yet Reaper's userbase continues to grow (if the number of members on the forum and in the FB user group is anything to go by).

I happen to think the v5 theme is really good, nitpicks aside - the biggest thing "wrong" with it is the parts that aren't themeable, and I'll never understand Cockos' reluctance to fix that.
I didn't know that happens every time. That is surprising. But anyway. Good to know thanks.
__________________
47.8% of statistics are made up.
lowellben is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:27 PM   #464
pipelineaudio
Mortal
 
pipelineaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wickenburg, Arizona
Posts: 13,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Selection color highlight has always been awfully poor in Reaper. You always need to look twice to see what's selected. You can't have it all lol. If you want colored clips then you have to deal with hard to see brightness color selections. Why this is the norm now is beyond me. It used to be inverted across DAWs for years. You select something it DARKENS and the waveform gets lighter. Now it's reverse.
It needs inversion, ESPECIALLY on the gridlines and markers.

I've been begging for years
__________________
REAPER Shirts are Back! - https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pipelineaudio/
pipelineaudio is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #465
lowellben
Human being with feelings
 
lowellben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: They put me in a home.
Posts: 3,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
It needs inversion, ESPECIALLY on the gridlines and markers.

I've been begging for years
Bingo.
__________________
47.8% of statistics are made up.
lowellben is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #466
pipelineaudio
Mortal
 
pipelineaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wickenburg, Arizona
Posts: 13,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
It's not "an optional" theme dude. it's literally the default 6 that ALL new users that are considering reaper for the first time will see. before they know about themes and tweaks or whatever, the product on the shelf. basic business.
.
This is how I see it as well.

How many times have I been taken to task for fighting the idea that REAPER is hard for noobs?

This time they'd be right.

A theme where you actually CANT see the gridlines or text in items? Yes, that is an actual problem

The default theme matters. I saw it as problematic before, but people did fine with it, so I swallowed my tongue.

Not this time, this time there's some real issues that need to be looked at
__________________
REAPER Shirts are Back! - https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pipelineaudio/
pipelineaudio is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #467
lowellben
Human being with feelings
 
lowellben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: They put me in a home.
Posts: 3,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
This is how I see it as well.

How many times have I been taken to task for fighting the idea that REAPER is hard for noobs?

This time they'd be right.

A theme where you actually CANT see the gridlines or text in items? Yes, that is an actual problem

The default theme matters. I saw it as problematic before, but people did fine with it, so I swallowed my tongue.

Not this time, this time there's some real issues that need to be looked at
I feel ya brother. But get ready. Prepare to be trolled and bullied and "called out" by the leet seasoned pros here who will never say a thing bad about Reaper. Absolute planks.
__________________
47.8% of statistics are made up.
lowellben is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #468
vitalker
Human being with feelings
 
vitalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
I feel ya brother. But get ready. Prepare to be trolled and bullied and "called out" by the leet seasoned pros here who will never say a thing bad about Reaper. Absolute planks.
Maybe not about Reaper, but its GUI.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Make a thread "F%#! you Reaper! I quit!" to get more views and feedback since these kind of threads get much more traction
SoundCloudFR: True Non-destructive GLUEAll the REAPER names
vitalker is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #469
lowellben
Human being with feelings
 
lowellben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: They put me in a home.
Posts: 3,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Maybe not about Reaper, but its GUI.
You got me.
__________________
47.8% of statistics are made up.
lowellben is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #470
MaXyM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
The same complaint has been raised every time we get a new default theme, yet Reaper's userbase continues to grow (if the number of members on the forum and in the FB user group is anything to go by).
Those statistics don't take into account users who are leaving Reaper.
Also, Reaper with better GUI could have even more users. You never know.
MaXyM is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #471
vitalker
Human being with feelings
 
vitalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
You got me.
Yeah, remember my name.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Make a thread "F%#! you Reaper! I quit!" to get more views and feedback since these kind of threads get much more traction
SoundCloudFR: True Non-destructive GLUEAll the REAPER names
vitalker is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 02:56 PM   #472
vitalker
Human being with feelings
 
vitalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
Also, Reaper with better GUI could have even more users. You never know.
Yes, it would!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Make a thread "F%#! you Reaper! I quit!" to get more views and feedback since these kind of threads get much more traction
SoundCloudFR: True Non-destructive GLUEAll the REAPER names
vitalker is online now  
Old 05-04-2019, 03:00 PM   #473
pipelineaudio
Mortal
 
pipelineaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wickenburg, Arizona
Posts: 13,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
I feel ya brother. But get ready. Prepare to be trolled and bullied and "called out" by the leet seasoned pros here who will never say a thing bad about Reaper. Absolute planks.
Good luck to them, there's no bigger fanboy for REAPER than me....Half of them were telling me I was an idiot for spending all my time trying to get this new DAW launched and pouring so much of my life into it
__________________
REAPER Shirts are Back! - https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pipelineaudio/
pipelineaudio is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #474
nofish
Human being with feelings
 
nofish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: home is where the heart is
Posts: 9,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
6

default 3
alpha vs. released.
nofish is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 10:42 PM   #475
jinotsuh
Human being with feelings
 
jinotsuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 114
Default

hmmmm, just when you thought REAPER couldn't get any uglier.

No offence, I couldn't do any better, or even a thousandth of what this is, but it's still damn ugly, and nothing that inspires me to spend any amount of time in it's environment. Over the years I've tried many custom themes, and as ugly as the default is/was, for whatever reason it's always where I ended up.

I use another DAW now days and have done for 4 or so years, to be honest I just have no desire to be in REAPER's environment (aesthetically, the UI, the menus etc are atrocious, and yeah I know all about the customization abilities etc.

First impressions and all that, I can understand why people bag REAPER, I mean a new user confronted with that visual, I really can't blame them for immediately closing and uninstalling, it's just not appealing to most people, and that doesn't matter to some, but to most it does, and to me it does, when I got a taste of other products, I just had no desire to look at REAPER again, apart from just plain ugly, it looks so old and dated, very uninspiring.

Maybe one day, however I very much doubt that, maybe if they sell it off. I'd bet the first thing a new owner would do is make it look appealing, clean up the UI/menu system, and make it more user friendly, more Windowsy, and less Linuxy.
jinotsuh is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 PM   #476
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 7,894
Default

If other forum members would not have have explained to me that truth and science do not matter any more nowadays, but everything anybody says or write is nothing but the statement of his personal view, anyway, without the author stating that fact, I would feel obliged to answer to these very flat generalizations of a single POV.

But regarding "linuxy" you need to know, that Linux is just a brand of Unix, and hence a "functional" OS and does not have any Graphical User Interface whatsoever. Any GUI stuff is provided by the distribution. And you need to consider that Mac OS is just yet another distribution of Unix. I seem to remember that there are computer users that prefer Mac OS for it's beauty. Moreover any Android Tablet runs Linux (itself) and hence obviously would look "linuxy".

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 05-04-2019 at 11:49 PM.
mschnell is online now  
Old 05-05-2019, 04:41 AM   #477
cool
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sunny Siberian Islands
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinotsuh View Post
hmmmm, just when you thought REAPER couldn't get any uglier.

No offence, I couldn't do any better, or even a thousandth of what this is, but it's still damn ugly, and nothing that inspires me to spend any amount of time in it's environment. Over the years I've tried many custom themes, and as ugly as the default is/was, for whatever reason it's always where I ended up.

I use another DAW now days and have done for 4 or so years, to be honest I just have no desire to be in REAPER's environment (aesthetically, the UI, the menus etc are atrocious, and yeah I know all about the customization abilities etc.

First impressions and all that, I can understand why people bag REAPER, I mean a new user confronted with that visual, I really can't blame them for immediately closing and uninstalling, it's just not appealing to most people, and that doesn't matter to some, but to most it does, and to me it does, when I got a taste of other products, I just had no desire to look at REAPER again, apart from just plain ugly, it looks so old and dated, very uninspiring.

Maybe one day, however I very much doubt that, maybe if they sell it off. I'd bet the first thing a new owner would do is make it look appealing, clean up the UI/menu system, and make it more user friendly, more Windowsy, and less Linuxy.
Right. Reaper remains my favorite DAW and the only one working tool, but I will recommend another program to any new user. Paradox.

The interface is the face of the program and least of all I would like to miss in this part. Here everything must be perfect and in step with the times.
cool is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 05:21 AM   #478
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 7,894
Default

+1

I also would recommend a bicycle to a newbie cyclist rather than a Harley, as the user interface of the first is a lot easier to use.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 05-05-2019 at 09:43 PM.
mschnell is online now  
Old 05-05-2019, 05:24 AM   #479
benf
Human being with feelings
 
benf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,622
Default

Well. I think it's hard to tell what Reaper 6 native theme will really be, whatever WT says it's fixed, he's got months to changes some of its ways and improve it. I'm really confident in that.

The very good news is the lua script which we can help to test and to improve.

Regarding a larger diffusion of Reaper to newcomers due to its look, I think it's Justin business if he wants to. From the beginning of Reaper development, I don't have seen it was one of its priority. He prefers words of mouth versus advertisement, and let people define their gui rather than trying to impose only one interface that nobody can modify in any way.

I'm on Reaper since v2 and I nearly always used Reaper's native interface since. I'm afraid being that kind of users which are very adaptive and got really few interest in the look or any kind of gui "fashion", whenever I find some of them very beautiful.
__________________
Listen and download my music on https://benest.bandcamp.com/
benf is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 05:51 AM   #480
MaXyM
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benf View Post
let people define their gui rather than trying to impose only one interface that nobody can modify in any way.
Do you mean newcomers? No new potential user will start the journey with creating a theme.
Even going trough available themes is not an easy task. Even today a lot are outdated (functionality-wise). It would be even worse after v6 release.

Theming ability is a huge feature. But default theme must be solid. Period.
MaXyM is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.