Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
TabSel
Human being with feelings

Default Multiple reaper instances, different ASio drivers?

Hi,

I want to use ONE reaper app instance as "audio patchbay". It will receive audio via rearoute from multiple other audio apps, and stream audio via rearoute to multiple audio apps. Also, this "patchbay" uses the soundcards ASio driver to stream from/to the outside...

Another instance of reaper is a standard "reaper daw project" instance, which uses rearoute as ASio device.

The ASio driver setting is global to all reaper instances, so how do I setup these two reaper instances/projects to use different ASio drivers?

Will a portable install help?

Is rearoute multiclient in a way to not only be uses by multiple apps at the same time, but mixing streams sent via the same rearoute channel?

I also want to sync multiple apps in a way that all apps play with tempo changes at the same position I the timeline, start/stop when any app starts/stops, fully in sample sync. Can this be done?
TabSel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
TabSel

Anyone?
TabSel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
aggravation

I cant see any way to run multiple instances of reaper on the same machine sorry
aggravation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
tweed

a portable install doesn't install or use the rearoute driver/dll. As far as i know though I'd love to be inaccurate - there may be a trick such as installing normal install and re-using/finding the dll and putting whatever in the portable installs folder, dunno.

runing multiple instances is fine, and works great, and with different cards. sharing a card works too in many scenarios. happy to write back when I'm not so rushed if you're still on this one.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
aggravation

gah. sorry. "check for multiple instances when launching"
aggravation is offline   Reply With Quote