Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-20-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
Thonex
Human being with feelings

Default How to add padding ONLY after Routing i/o on TCP

Hi Gang.

I would like to add a decent amount of padding after the Routing i/o icon on the TCP. The reason for this is I'd like my TCP track to be clean of everything except the Vol and Pan (which I'll re-order in the reconfig.txt file) unless I move the track-list divider over to the right substantially. One way to do this is to add a decent amount of padding to whatever comes next after the Pan knob... in my case the Routing io. This will force the Router io icon to "hide" if the panel divider is within x pixels of the icon.

But for the life of me, I can't find a Routing Padding for Routing io X axis size value anywhere. Where can I do this? Is it possible? I found it for the Pangroup... but not the Grouping io.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Andrew K

Last edited by Thonex; 01-20-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Thonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
synkrotron

If you don't need the TCP IO button at all, why don't you hide it?
Old 01-20-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
Thonex

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
If you don't need the TCP IO button at all, why don't you hide it?
I do need the Routing io. I just want some extra x-axis latitude on it so when my track panel divider is a little beyond my pan knob (where the routing icon may be) it doesn't pop onto the screen. I want it to stay hidden until I move the divider more to the right... if that makes sense.

Cheers,

Andrew K
Old 01-21-2020, 08:11 AM   #4
Mordi

If you want empty space to the right of the IO-button, you can just move the elements to the right of it further right.

If you want the button to be wider, you'll need to do the same thing - but also modify the image and increase the width according to the image.

I'm not aware of a margin/padding-variable in WALTER, except for in elements like BPM edit and time signature edit.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:37 AM   #5
Thonex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
If you want empty space to the right of the IO-button, you can just move the elements to the right of it further right.

If you want the button to be wider, you'll need to do the same thing - but also modify the image and increase the width according to the image.

I'm not aware of a margin/padding-variable in WALTER, except for in elements like BPM edit and time signature edit.
There is a TCP padding that you can mess with, however it applies to ALL elements. By default the X value is 7. If you raise it, you will see everything being pushed to the right because it is it now further from the left edge of the track as well.

line 201 of rtconfig.text
Code:
	set tcp_padding								* scale [7 7]
There are also some other interesting options that can be used to make the (for example) Pan_Group behave like there is more padding to the right of it by increasing the X value of tcp_PanSize here (I believe it's the "20" value you want to change IIRC):

line 202-204 of rtconfig.text
Code:
	set tcp_LabelSize_min   * scale 30
	set tcp_LabelSize      tcp_LabelPair{0}==0 tcpLabelAutoMeasured{0}<tcp_LabelSize_min{0} tcp_LabelSize_min{0} + tcpLabelAutoMeasured{0} 10 tcp_LabelPair
	set tcp_PanSize        trackpanmode==3 20 43
However nothing works with the Route IO exclusively. I wishere there was a Routio padding or X size function, but I can' find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
How would I do that?

Cheers,

Andrew K

Last edited by Thonex; 01-21-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Thonex is offline   Reply With Quote