Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 04-12-2022, 08:51 AM   #1
reapercurious
Human being with feelings

Default extreme precision required in tool-free mouse zones?

i seem to be running into a problem no one else is. I am losing control of the tool free mouse zones because in some cases there is only a one or two pixel range in their precision. such as grabbing the side of a loop section, when i want to resize it, i end up missing the one pixel window and clicking outside the loop and losing it, having to redraw another loop section from scratch.

all i want to know is if there is some setting somewhere to grow or shrink the radius around tool-free mouse zones around the edges of items, stretch marker symbols, loop regions, midi velocity handles, midi note edges, etc. because maybe I am getting old but it seems harder than ever to grab these objects.

my screen is about 1900 pixels wide and i have to work hard to zone in on one pixel. in some cases, i definitely only have a single pixel width shot to line up in order to grab a midi note velocity handle for example. I want to grow the radius of these mouse action areas by a couple of pixels if possible. maybe something has gone wrong in the preferences.

is this a theme issue, an OS issue? difficult to know how to even phrase this question. Got hundreds of views in the newbie area and no one else in the world seems to have any issues (or even insight) with this.

Last edited by reapercurious; 04-13-2022 at 01:45 AM.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:28 PM   #2
JRTaylorMusic

1000% agree. This has been bugging me from the get-go, but I never found a way to say it. I’ve wondered if it’s a hidpi translation issue where the tolerances should have been doubled (like forgetting the [* scale] command in WALTER).
JRTaylorMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 04:38 AM   #3
reapercurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTaylorMusic View Post
1000% agree. This has been bugging me from the get-go, but I never found a way to say it. I’ve wondered if it’s a hidpi translation issue where the tolerances should have been doubled (like forgetting the [* scale] command in WALTER).
THANK YOU for replying to this. It's been weeks and I guess the millions of Reaper user base have eagle eyes or a mouse that moves between the pixels
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:24 PM   #4
skylar_battles

I agree this should be addressed.
skylar_battles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:57 AM   #5
TEFKAJH

100% agreed.
TEFKAJH is offline   Reply With Quote