Old 05-27-2022, 08:08 PM   #1
rentzdan000
Human being with feelings

Default melodyne plugin not showing on fx list

Hi, so I have had to reinstall melodyne because it won’t show up on my fx list. I’m getting the same result after it is reinstalled. Even tried reinstalling my digital audio workstation reaper nothing shows. melodyne shows as the zip folder that It created to install the program shows well on file explorer, can even open melodyne outside of my digital audio workstation. Not really sure what is happening here and what I could do. All feedback appreciated.
digital audio workstation reaper
rentzdan000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:48 PM   #2
b2001

What do you mean by this:

“melodyne shows as the zip folder that It created to install the program”

I assume the folder path that all the melodyne files are in (outside of a zip file) are what is referenced in reaper to scan?

Have you tried a portable install maybe with just referencing and scanning this folder?

Also, if you have reinstalled, is it always being set up in the same folder location? I seem to recall having issues with a vsti one time that i reinstalled and it was in two different folders. Both locations were in scan path and i suspect i had issues with one (corrupted files?) until i removed it.
b2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:58 PM   #3
rentzdan000

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2001 View Post
What do you mean by this:

“melodyne shows as the zip folder that It created to install the program”

I assume the folder path that all the melodyne files are in (outside of a zip file) are what is referenced in reaper to scan?

Have you tried a portable install maybe with just referencing and scanning this folder?

Also, if you have reinstalled, is it always being set up in the same folder location? I seem to recall having issues with a vsti one time that i reinstalled and it was in two different folders. Both locations were in scan path and i suspect i had issues with one (corrupted files?) until i removed it.
Yes, it is displayed as a zips folder in my downloads folder. That’s the only way I’ve been able to locate anything related to melodyne. I’m not entirely sure what you mean by portable install, although what I have done is of inserted the zip files that location on the scanning search box and I’ve tried clearing cache and rescanning that way although I still get nothing in my affects folder. I’ve tried reinstalling it once and it worked well before I had to do this reinstall Although now it is acting up.
Old 05-28-2022, 01:10 AM   #4
b2001

Have you done this:

“ Open your Downloads folder and launch the installer file:
PC: Right-click the .zip file, select Extract all…, and then click Extract. Double-click the new .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.”

“ Now that your software is installed, let’s activate it. After launching the application, you’ll be prompted to activate Melodyne. Click Activate, and a web browser will launch and take you to your Celemony account. Log in and click Activate to authorize Melodyne on your computer. Follow these steps to activate your Melodyne software.

Launch the Melodyne application, then click Activate.
In the new web browser window, log in to your Celemony account.
Click Activate to authorize the software on your computer.”
Old 05-28-2022, 11:34 AM   #5
rentzdan000

Quote:
Have you done this:

“ Open your Downloads folder and launch the installer file:
PC: Right-click the .zip file, select Extract all…, and then click Extract. Double-click the new .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.”

“ Now that your software is installed, let’s activate it. After launching the application, you’ll be prompted to activate Melodyne. Click Activate, and a web browser will launch and take you to your Celemony account. Log in and click Activate to authorize Melodyne on your computer. Follow these steps to activate your Melodyne software.

Launch the Melodyne application, then click Activate.
In the new web browser window, log in to your Celemony account.
Click Activate to authorize the software on your computer.”

All right for the first steps I was able to get as far as extracting the contents from my zip file, whenever I open the new file there was no EXE file type. As for the rest of your comments, so I’ve been able to have melodyne work once on reaper, this is a reinstallation of it because it wasn’t showing up on my plug-ins list. Hence why I posted this. Do you have any ideas of what could be going wrong there? Considering the above.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:55 AM   #6
b2001

So what is in the zip file that you extracted?

If an msi file, then that is also an executable.

If a dll file or a dll file with additional files and/or folders, then copy all to a vst folder that you are referencing in reaper. Then go into reaper and do a rescan.

Not discounting that you had it working at one point. It would appear something went wrong with one of the reinstalls and maybe aborted before finishing.

As far as what is going wrong? I think that for whatever reason, reaper is not finding/recognizing what is needs to for melodyne when it scans. Let me know results of above, and then we’ll see what next steps…

Last edited by b2001; 05-28-2022 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:24 PM   #7
rentzdan000

Quote:
So what is in the zip file that you extracted?

If an msi file, then that is also an executable.

If a dll file or a dll file with additional files and/or folders, then copy all to a vst folder that you are referencing in reaper. Then go into reaper and do a rescan.

Not discounting that you had it working at one point. It would appear something went wrong with one of the reinstalls and maybe aborted before finishing.

As far as what is going wrong? I think that for whatever reason, reaper is not finding/recognizing what is needs to for melodyne when it scans. Let me know results of above, and then we’ll see what next steps…
so in the screenshot below will show you what was in the extraxted zip file, honestly doesnt look any different than it was unextracted but, that could be my memory playing tricks on me. Yes the dll files in the vst folder associataed with reaper. ive rescanned with this file locations info in place & still nothing. i could try reinstalling the app again although, sounds a little redudant. let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: png r 22.png (46.4 KB, 65 views)
Old 05-28-2022, 01:07 PM   #8
b2001

Extract those files and put them in a folder.

Double click on the file with name “setup” and type “application” to run. That is your executable. Note the destination folder that this application installs to. What is it?

Is that folder referenced in reaper? Go to that folder. What files are in the folder? Should at least be a dll file.

You said melodyne standalone works. What folder does the icon reference? What files are in that folder? Is it different from the process above?
Old 05-29-2022, 08:41 AM   #9
rentzdan000

Quote:
Extract those files and put them in a folder.

Double click on the file with name “setup” and type “application” to run. That is your executable. Note the destination folder that this application installs to. What is it?

Is that folder referenced in reaper? Go to that folder. What files are in the folder? Should at least be a dll file.

You said melodyne standalone works. What folder does the icon reference? What files are in that folder? Is it different from the process above?
here is the files location for the standalone app, "C:\Program Files\Celemony\Melodyne 5\Melodyne.exe"... i have several different file formats of melodyne ive been able to uncover one being a dll file & a vst3 file, all under common files & seperating from there, vst3 file in vst3 folder & dll in celemony folder. not sure what you mean by that folder being referenced in reaper , i believe the folder from melodyne that contained things like the setup app & such was in there somewhere, but me having a poor memory cannot relocate it off the bat.
let me know your thoughts.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #10
b2001

In Reaper:
Options/Preferences/Plug-ins/VST…

Edit Path List button top right…

Select it and review all the paths listed. That is where Reaper looks when scanning for VSTs.

Is one of the paths you mentioned above in there? You might try adding the others.
I have 10 paths that i have added over time.

Once added, then do a scan (Re-scan button on left)… thst is what i mean by referenced in Reaper.

That you are finding several folder locations with melodyn dll /vst components could be a concern.

At this point just make sure you have all paths mentioned in Reaper and rescan.