Old 08-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
GuitarKeyes
Human being with feelings

Default Vintage Amp Room - Best amp emulator?

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this emulator here yet but the reviews I have read have been very positive. Reviews have said the sound is indistinguishable from a real amp. Have not tried it out myself cause it requires an Ilok but I thought I would share the news. Here's the review I read of it. http://www.recordingreview.com/blog/...plugin-review/.
GuitarKeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
professor tweed
Human being with feelings

I have tried demo versions of Amplitube Hendrix and Fender, Guitar Rig 3 and 4, Pod Farm, and I think VAR is the best there is for actually sounding and feeling like you are playing a real vintage Fender/Vox/Marshall. It's pricey and you need an i lok but I think it's worth it. I also like their Acoustic Feedback which needs to be used as the first plug in.

On the free side I have got a good Tom Verlaine type sound by using Simulanalog (tube screamer into Redneff Twin) and then into Watkat echo. All are freebies. The Simulanolog Marshall is excellent too.

Another possibility is to use the simulanalog amps into Cabinet by audio ease which I think is about $60. This gives you five cabs and room ambience which you can tweak, along with two mics and ability to blend between them. Can be downloaded as a thirty day demo.

For distorted sounds No Amp into Cabinet or using Impulse Responses loaded in something like Kefir also works quite well.
professor tweed is offline   Reply With Quote