Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 09-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
savage_scotsman
Human being with feelings

Default Looking for vocalist, Queensryche/ Dream Theater style

With a bit of hesitation uploaded this, my first play around with reaper a few months ago, and also my first time using amp sims. I have recently moved from Cubase and after some initial problems slowly getting used to it now and finding it pretty good. Thought I could do with some feedback on it. Influenced by listening to an unhealthy amount of Dream Theater, Queensryche, Megadeth and Symphony X. A rough demo I wrote a few months ago for this new prog/metal/rock thing I'm thinking about doing. No Solos, Vocals, keyboards or Bass yet but should get some Solos on here soon now my gear is almost set up again! I would really like to try and find a great singer that can do traditional metal styles and give some power metal kind of vocls or something like the influences mentioned above. It's going to be tough to find but anyone out there on these forums that can sing like that and does home recording want to collaborate? Here is a link to my soundcloud with this first rough demo. Any singers with demos I can hear that would be interested in collaborating please get in touch!

https://soundcloud.com/tim-rasmussen-820407269

Last edited by savage_scotsman; 09-22-2015 at 03:37 AM.
savage_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
Unikorn

Love the Queensryche vibe going on there. Good to see another fan of my favorite bands. Never really got into Megadeth but love the other three.

Can't comment on the mix because I listened on my phone.
Unikorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
g4greg

great song man!

A lot of influences that I like as well
Old 09-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #4
savage_scotsman

Thanks for checking it out and posting! I'm really pleased with the feedback I'm getting so far especially as it's just a skeleton of the idea which will get fleshed out with a lot of guitar solos, keyboards and vocals. Most people that have heard it have seen past the parts that are missing and understand and like the vibe and feel of the song I'm going for and seem to be really enjoying it so I'm surprised at that. It does get a bit boring without the solos and vocals but it should really come alive once I get those done. This project which I hope to make an EP from will keep me busy for a while until I do another Death metal album haha
savage_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote