Old 11-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #1
Netchicks
Human being with feelings

Default [Help Needed] Audio Dropouts When Rendering

Hi all!
I've got some very annoying issues sometimes when rendering. Occasionally whatever I'm rendering acts like it has a volume envelope. This happens even though there is no envelope activated for either Volume or Volume (Pre-FX). I've noticed it only seem to happen when rendering/freezing folder tracks. Sometimes I've forced a fix by adding a new volume envelope and then clearing it. What volume envelope and which track in the folder tree the problems stem from is a mystery every time so forcing a fix can be really tedious at times.

I've attached a picture of a song I'm working on where the problem occurred. The top track is the song as it should be (I recorded the audio straight from the audio interface, EG this is exactly how it sounds like when I press play in the project file), the bottom track is how it looks like after I've rendered it. There were no changes made between the two versions you see in the picture. As you can see it looks like an envelope jumping up and down in volume. There isn't really any clear pattern to it either so it cant be an envelope I forgot about for whatever reason.

Some help on this would be really appreciated!
Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: png Skjermbilde.PNG (26.7 KB, 13 views)
Netchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
heda

That is so strange. Maybe upload the RPP project file?
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #3
Netchicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
That is so strange. Maybe upload the RPP project file?
I can't because of NDA unfortunately.

EDIT: I'll make an edit to the RPP to make it NDA friendly, but probably won't be able to do that tonight. Will post the RPP tomorrow.

Last edited by Netchicks; 11-12-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
Rick O'Shay

Does the same thing happen with both online and offline rendering? Some of my plugins and virtual instruments don't play nicely with offline rendering.
Rick O'Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #5
Netchicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
Does the same thing happen with both online and offline rendering? Some of my plugins and virtual instruments don't play nicely with offline rendering.
Tbh I've never used online rendering, didn't even know it was a thing. The occasions I've had this problem I haven't used any plugins I've not used 100 times before, so I guess I'd have this problem far more often if it was a faulty plugin. Next time this occurs I'll try to do online rendering. If it fixes it I'll know it's some VST bugging me. Thanks for the suggestion!