Old 10-21-2023, 11:50 AM   #1
/AND/
Human being with feelings

Default Offline and online pitch correction plugin / script?

Hi,

Using the search function gives hundreds of results, but nothing seems immediately obvious that there's such a thing as a pitch correction ('auto-tune') script or a plugin published by someone on this forum.

Do you happen to know if there is such?

Last edited by /AND/; 10-22-2023 at 10:46 AM.
/AND/ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 11:59 AM   #2
axel_ef

ReaTune ?
axel_ef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 12:16 PM   #3
mpl

In the past I did prototype of this https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=222825

But probably I should rebuild it using modern pitch detection lightweight technics (onebit maybe?).

The most complex part is detection algorithm . And how to implement it. Reatune use YIN modified by Justin afaik. But it only edit pitch, while the melodyne also compensate formant to make edits sounds more natural.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 03:40 PM   #4
Fabian

There's GSnap, free VST that works very well https://www.gvst.co.uk/gsnap.htm

If ReaTune doesn't appeal to you, that is. For me GSnap seems to work better than ReaTune, less artifacts, but I guess this depends on the original material.
Old 10-22-2023, 10:31 AM   #5
/AND/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
There's GSnap, free VST that works very well https://www.gvst.co.uk/gsnap.htm

If ReaTune doesn't appeal to you, that is. For me GSnap seems to work better than ReaTune, less artifacts, but I guess this depends on the original material.
Yes, that was the issue. ReaTune works but not always best. I would also like to be able to edit the audio offline i.e. something akin what mpl did. I sure hope you'll finish working on your script, mpl!
Old 10-22-2023, 07:18 PM   #6
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by /AND/ View Post
Yes, that was the issue. ReaTune works but not always best. I would also like to be able to edit the audio offline i.e. something akin what mpl did. I sure hope you'll finish working on your script, mpl!
I just playing with stuff, i made a quick mockup for myself, a knob controlling reapitch with compensated formant. This sounds awful, and formant does not work for most of modes. Overall reapitch realtime edit is clicky, so probably formant compensation is just a dream.

There is no 3rd party offline tool like that use reaper-only built-in features (so you can open it on any machine), so probably yes I should continue to work with it to fill this gap in reaper scripters community. Wish I have enough IQ and time to do that.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:57 AM   #7
/AND/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
I just playing with stuff, i made a quick mockup for myself, a knob controlling reapitch with compensated formant. This sounds awful, and formant does not work for most of modes. Overall reapitch realtime edit is clicky, so probably formant compensation is just a dream.

There is no 3rd party offline tool like that use reaper-only built-in features (so you can open it on any machine), so probably yes I should continue to work with it to fill this gap in reaper scripters community. Wish I have enough IQ and time to do that.
Do you have a donation link?
Old 10-25-2023, 08:56 AM   #8
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by /AND/ View Post
Do you have a donation link?
I`m from Russia so nope, I haven`t.

If I have time, I`ll take a look what I can do. But in today`s REAPER communinty there a lot of clever guys, they do way better job with UX/UI so probably someone can implement it better than me.