Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 10-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
ProfSound
Human being with feelings

Default Waves does not install on iMac Pro

Moved from MacBook Pro to iMac Pro (10.13). Now I can't install all Waves Plugins. Everything up to date, down loaded Waves Central, moved the licences, even the iTunes library moved without problem, now that, just a few Waves plugins install in Reaper. The others are gone... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
ProfSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #2
serr

Did you also update your disk format to APFS?

The Waves installer (not sure if all or just older versions now) hangs on the last part of the install and writes incomplete WaveShell wrapper files to the plugin folders when you have your drive formatted to APFS.

If you try to run the AU registration utility (Note that this is named "AU" but is actually run for ALL plugin wrapper formats. Not just AU format.) in this scenario, it will tell you the install failed and must be rerun.

The only issue is incomplete wrapper files in the plugin folders. You can simply manually copy the WaveShell wrappers from the Applications/Waves/WaveShells folder to the appropriate plugin folders yourself. (Note: Copy rather than move to keep copies as spares in the WaveShells folder.)

You'll notice the icons missing and a current time/date stamp on the incomplete files when you first browse to them in the plugin folders. The complete files copied manually will have their icon and original creation date.

This is only for APFS disk format. HFS+ works as always.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #3
ProfSound

Well thanks!

I finally got it to work. Thanks to Waves-support! I just need to go to the Legacy Installation procedure, a new and highly innovative Waves product to install V9 plugins. V10 goes as usual. Just a friendly reminder to pay 225bucks for the update to V10, so life is pleasant again. There are some utube videos that explain the new and innovative procedure for dummies like myself.

Cheers
ProfSound is offline   Reply With Quote