Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 12-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
Belinir
Human being with feelings

Default Using playback devices with Reaper

Hey guys,

thanks to everyone that helped me to get rid of the latency and buffer issues again since I'm sure that you'll see this thread too. My other problem now is, that I can't listen to my audio with a playback device like my Sennheiser headphones. Would help to be able to hear the audio when I want to tweak it.

Is there a way to send the master or track output to the headphones without having to switch to Asio4All and set it as an output device?
Belinir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
dug dog

I suspect you should be able to plug your headphones into the Steinberg interface's headphone jack.
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Belinir

Yes, I can do that. But I also had an Asio4All setup where I wired my interface through Reaper and into a virtual audio cable which then was the recording device. That made it possible to monitor the output with FX like the ReaGate.

I just noticed that, since I'm now using the Steinberg drivers instead of Asio4All my audio isn't going through the DAW anyway, that is a bit of a problem for me, since I would like to cancel noise out where I can (For voice chat mainly). I'm not using my microphone for recording most of the time. Otherwise, it'd be easy to do in post.
Belinir is offline   Reply With Quote