Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-11-2022, 12:07 PM   #81
Steviekeys
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finow79 View Post
I think the extender will run with CSI. But i can´t find any "mst" file for it in the CSI folder. Maybe someone made a file about it.
The one labelled, rather confusingly, XT
Steviekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 12:10 PM   #82
Steviekeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
If you've got an X-Touch One, what CSI files/setup to use ends up becoming dependent on a few variables:

1. What MC mode you're using in the X-Touch One

AND

2. What firmware revision you are on

Behringer released two firmware updates, and each one changed the behavior of various modes. So yeah, on many modes, the MCU files are indeed the way to go. Particularly with the 1.09 firmware.
Oh I thought this was for Xtouch!?

1. Setup for MIDI, mackie mode I think it's called??

2. latest 1.22 firmware
Old 03-11-2022, 12:51 PM   #83
matts

Default XTouch.zon file is not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviekeys View Post
The .mst works

but, only with MCU zone folder, not Xtouch one, it seems.

I'm having the same issue. I just got the X-Touch. I've upgraded the firmware to 1.22. I've installed the latest CSI and SWS. I know CSI and the X-Touch are working because it works if I use the MCU.mst, and MCU zone. It works if I use the BehringerXtouch.mst and the MCU zone. But if I use the BehringerXtouch.mst and the BehringerXtouch zone... everything on the X-Touch blanks out, faders return to the bottom position and nothing works.

Any suggestions?
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:34 AM   #84
Steviekeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts View Post
I'm having the same issue. I just got the X-Touch. I've upgraded the firmware to 1.22. I've installed the latest CSI and SWS. I know CSI and the X-Touch are working because it works if I use the MCU.mst, and MCU zone. It works if I use the BehringerXtouch.mst and the MCU zone. But if I use the BehringerXtouch.mst and the BehringerXtouch zone... everything on the X-Touch blanks out, faders return to the bottom position and nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Found this further back in the thread (funkybot posted i think)

2. Make sure you're using CSI version 1.1, and you're using CSI version 1.1 .zon files for your surface. Old files are NOT compatible with CSI v1.1. If your Zone\X-Touch folder just has one .zon file called something like x-touch.zon, then it's a CSI v1.0 file and will NOT work. CSI v1.1 requires one zone per .zon file and would look like this:

home.zon
channel.zon
buttons.zon
sends.zon
etc.

looks like these might be version 1.0 files
Old 03-12-2022, 10:09 AM   #85
Steviekeys

Default Port to V1.1

OK, here is my attempt to port this to CSI 1.1
Attached Files
File Type: zip BehringerXTouch.zip (6.7 KB, 130 views)
Old 03-13-2022, 12:13 PM   #86
Funkybot

There's some really out of date syntax in the above set of X-Touch files. I don't think the FXMenu or Sends will work. The fader touch syntax has changed and it's missing some best practice features. I'd strongly advise against starting with those files (no offense StevieKeys - but a lot has changed).

If you're using an X-Touch with CSI then please reference this...

X-Touch Universal
Use the included MCU zone folder.

The X-Touch Universal is just a Mackie Control clone. If you want, copy and rename the folder X-Touch, but it's not necessary.

X-Touch Extender
Use the included MCU XT zone folder.

X-Touch One
If firmware Revision 1.04
Use the MC STD or MC User modes with the included X-Touch One files. 0 faders in CSI device preferences.

If firwmare revision 1.07
Use the MC User mode with the included X-Touch One files. 0 faders in CSI device preferences. Otherwise, use MC STD mode with the MCU zone folder with 8 faders in CSI device preferences.

If firmware revision 1.09
Regardless of which MC mode you use, you would use the MCU zone folder, 8 faders in CSI device preferences.

...thank Behringer for changing the surface behavior with each firmware revision.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 07:29 AM   #87
matts

Default X-Touch on firmware 1.22 and CSI 1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
There's some really out of date syntax in the above set of X-Touch files. I don't think the FXMenu or Sends will work. The fader touch syntax has changed and it's missing some best practice features. I'd strongly advise against starting with those files (no offense StevieKeys - but a lot has changed).

If you're using an X-Touch with CSI then please reference this...

X-Touch Universal
Use the included MCU zone folder.

The X-Touch Universal is just a Mackie Control clone. If you want, copy and rename the folder X-Touch, but it's not necessary.

Thank you for the info. This is consistent with what I'm seeing (selecting "MCU" works for X-Touch on firmware 1.22 and CSI 1.1). Sounds like the best path is to use the MCU zones as a starting point and then add for the additional buttons/features that are desired for personal workflow.
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 07:20 AM   #88
JP_

Hello everyone!

I was hoping I could get some help on remapping some things on my Touch Compact.

I've noticed that if I click with a mouse on track 1, tracks 1-8 work as expected (on the faders), and then to use 9-16 I have to click with my mouse on track 9, then they work as expected, I cannot make it work on 9-16 without clicking on track 9 with a mouse.

So I would like to achieve a few things;

-I'd like to remap the master fader to track 9 so I can use 9 faders instead of "8 + master" as I never adjust the master volume from 0.

-I'd also like to press the button below the master fader to swap me from 1-8 onto 9-16 so I don't have to use the mouse to click on track 9.

I tried using ReLearn to select track 9 and track 1 on a toggle, so the button below the master slider essentially swaps between track 1 and track 9, but the faders do not move the 9-16 section. It only swaps over when you actually click track 9 with a mouse.

I have no idea where to start with this, but it would change my life if I could get this to work as I recently lost my arm in a motorcycle accident, so it would make my life so much better being mouse free etc.

Thank you everyone for your time!
JP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 10:34 AM   #89
Steviekeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_ View Post
Hello everyone!

I was hoping I could get some help on remapping some things on my Touch Compact.

I've noticed that if I click with a mouse on track 1, tracks 1-8 work as expected (on the faders), and then to use 9-16 I have to click with my mouse on track 9, then they work as expected, I cannot make it work on 9-16 without clicking on track 9 with a mouse.

So I would like to achieve a few things;

-I'd like to remap the master fader to track 9 so I can use 9 faders instead of "8 + master" as I never adjust the master volume from 0.

-I'd also like to press the button below the master fader to swap me from 1-8 onto 9-16 so I don't have to use the mouse to click on track 9.

I tried using ReLearn to select track 9 and track 1 on a toggle, so the button below the master slider essentially swaps between track 1 and track 9, but the faders do not move the 9-16 section. It only swaps over when you actually click track 9 with a mouse.

I have no idea where to start with this, but it would change my life if I could get this to work as I recently lost my arm in a motorcycle accident, so it would make my life so much better being mouse free etc.

Thank you everyone for your time!
There is a lot more activity on the main CSI thread
you may be better off asking your question there.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....83143&page=455