Old 06-25-2020, 01:41 PM   #1
SSteward
Human being with feelings

Default New Album and New Cover

Hey guys!

Haven't posted on here in quite some time, but I figured I would share my new album release with you, as well as, my newest cover(though a few months old now)

First the album:

shanesteward.bandcamp.com/album/manic

I would say this is for fans of: Iron Maiden, Devin Townsend, Megadeth etc.

Now the cover:

I tried my hand at doing, "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ASdEAj3yk

Hope you enjoy both(or atleast one)!
SSteward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:28 PM   #2
Naji

The only thing I like about MJ is the sound quality and that was Bruce Swedien's job. But his songs, well his songs... I had to stop listening after 15 seconds..
I am sure you did a good job. When I was a kid, they played this song in radio sometimes 3 times in one hour. Beat it is one of the songs, I run away, when I hear the first beats or chords... Haha
You should have warned me in your post.
Haha I have just noticed that you mentioned song title in your post, did not see it first, I wanted to listen first and then read the rest

Last edited by Naji; 06-28-2020 at 10:33 PM.
Naji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:13 AM   #3
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji View Post
The only thing I like about MJ is the sound quality and that was Bruce Swedien's job. But his songs, well his songs... I had to stop listening after 15 seconds..
I am sure you did a good job. When I was a kid, they played this song in radio sometimes 3 times in one hour. Beat it is one of the songs, I run away, when I hear the first beats or chords... Haha
You should have warned me in your post.
Haha I have just noticed that you mentioned song title in your post, did not see it first, I wanted to listen first and then read the rest
MJ songs are damn good as well as the Bruce Swedien production. Maybe you dont like Toto, Rod Temperton, Louis Johnson and more amazing talent. Off the wall and Thriller are fantastic. Maybe you dont know how to dance!
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:32 AM   #4
Naji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
MJ songs are damn good as well as the Bruce Swedien production. Maybe you dont like Toto, Rod Temperton, Louis Johnson and more amazing talent. Off the wall and Thriller are fantastic. Maybe you dont know how to dance!
First of all most musicians can not dance indeed. I do not care about dancing. MJs lyrics are like having been written by an 15 year old teen. I hated his "I love you" and his super expensive productions hiring the best people. To make a lot of money, with a lot of money... Well,... Prince came as a kind of savior, because Thriller was a hundred times a day on air, that was too much. They must have paid the radio stations!?
Thriller is one of the albums with best sound. A lot of people could not see and hear MJ any more. Of course Prince's sexy performance was more than strange, but he appologized for this behaviour in Fame of hall. But one person making everything by himself, that was great. MJ started to fly way too high, the behavior of an emperor, that's disgusting. And the way he sang, like he was starting to cry, do not like that, too exaggerated. Off the Wall and Thriller are nice for dancing, not everyone likes dancing, the only dance I like is Flamenco and Tango, something completely different,. Two records only is a litlle poor imo Bad and the rest is crap.
And coachz, people have different taste, and that is good. Do you really think everyone liked or likes MJ???
MJ gives me nothing, though I know he had a special dance style and he was a good entertainer for kids and teens especially. MJ liked kids, didn't he?!

Last edited by Naji; 06-29-2020 at 03:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:44 AM   #5
Coachz

Quote:
First of all most musicians can not dance indeed. I do not care about dancing. MJs lyrics are like having been written by an 15 year old teen. I hated his "I love you" and his super expensive productions hiring the best people. To make a lot of money, with a lot of money... Well,... Prince came as a kind of savior, because Thriller was a hundred times a day on air, that was too much. They must have paid the radio stations!?
Thriller is one of the albums with best sound. A lot of people could not see and hear MJ any more. Of course Prince's sexy performance was more than strange, but he appologized for this behaviour in Fame of hall. But one person making everything by himself, that was great. MJ started to fly way too high, the behavior of an emperor, that's disgusting. And the way he sang, like he was starting to cry, do not like that, too exaggerated. Off the Wall and Thriller are nice for dancing, not everyone likes dancing, the only dance I like is Flamenco and Tango, something completely different,. Two records only is a litlle poor imo Bad and the rest is crap.
And coachz, people have different taste, and that is good. Do you really think everyone liked or likes MJ???
MJ gives me nothing, though I know he had a special dance style and he was a good entertainer for kids and teens especially. MJ liked kids, didn't he?!
You made the mistake of conflating him personally with his music. The music is amazing and he hired the best musicians. Different tastes are fine but don't conflate unrelated things.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:03 AM   #6
Naji

Quote:
You made the mistake of conflating him personally with his music. The music is amazing and he hired the best musicians. Different tastes are fine but don't conflate unrelated things.
I will not listen to the music of someone I do not like. And the fact that you could read a lot about someone s private life was MJ s problem, maybe he even wanted to. If you do not want people to know about your private life, there is a way. Prince is a good example, he was clever enough to stay in Minneapolis.
And I do not know how old you are, but when I was a kid, you were listening to records or radio stations. And if a song is played a hundred times a day, you do not want to hear it any more - overdose!
Old 06-29-2020, 05:09 AM   #7
Coachz

Quote:
I will not listen to the music of someone I do not like. And the fact that you could read a lot about someone s private life was MJ s problem, maybe he even wanted to. If you do not want people to know about your private life, there is a way. Prince is a good example, he was clever enough to stay in Minneapolis.
And I do not know how old you are, but when I was a kid, you were listening to records or radio stations. And if a song is played a hundred times a day, you do not want to hear it any more - overdose!
I'm old. I'm sure MJ didnt want people to know he was a (SELF REDACTED). I separate art from the human and have learned amazing mixing techniques from these albums and I have not tired of these songs. In fact off the wall and thriller are probably my 2 favorite reference albums for perfection, even above the Mutt Lange and Steely Dan productions.

Last edited by Coachz; 06-29-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:44 AM   #8
Naji

Quote:
I'm old. I'm sure MJ didnt want people to know he was an absolute pedophile and the testimony of multiple credible people proves it. I separate art from the human and have learned amazing mixing techniques from these albums and I have not tired of these songs. In fact off the wall and thriller are probably my 2 favorite reference albums for perfection, even above the Mutt Lange and Steely Dan productions.
Thriller definetely is a reference album for me, too, knowing very well I will never come even close to the quality.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #9
SSteward

I also posted a link to my new album(no mj). The youtube page also has many other covers that are not MJ if you are interested.
SSteward is offline   Reply With Quote