Old 07-15-2017, 10:58 AM   #3361
NextLevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Ok, so I know how to map a slider to change snapshots, I've got that working, but what I want to do is map an external midi kbd to change snaps.

So what I'm doing is using a vst plugin that remaps for example C3 to C-2 which is note 000. In the faderbox32 UI I can see the slider being controlled, however the snapshot is not changing.

I've got the notemapper vst on the same trk as faderbox ontop of the chain.
Is this correct or does it need to go on a different trk?
What am I missing?
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #3362
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
Ok, so I know how to map a slider to change snapshots, I've got that working, but what I want to do is map an external midi kbd to change snaps.

So what I'm doing is using a vst plugin that remaps for example C3 to C-2 which is note 000. In the faderbox32 UI I can see the slider being controlled, however the snapshot is not changing.

I've got the notemapper vst on the same trk as faderbox ontop of the chain.
Is this correct or does it need to go on a different trk?
What am I missing?
you don't need any extra vst plugins for keyboard sequencing!
i am using 4x LBX-Faderbox(32x)
first 3 for automation & modulation
last one is for Keyboard Sequencing
in this last faderbox just switch "Slider F1->F16 Note On Monitor" to "Yes"
that's it

EDIT:
as a plus note
1-keep FADER and Keyboard seq. parts separate...
so use one dedicated faderbox just for Keyboard Sequencing.
2-in my experiences if you assign midi CCs to the Faders : keep the Midi Buses also separated
in my setup first 3 faderbox FADERS assigned to Midi CCs (CC1 to CC96) and all 96 assignment uses Midi Bus2
3-last faderbox is default nothing assigned
just "Slider F1->F16 Note On Monitor" switched to "Yes"

EDIT2:
just in case
in the gif you'll see the Fader 97 assigned to keyboard sequencing..
in this case Fader 97 also means midi channel 1, Fader 98 is midi channel 2 so on..


Last edited by timbralzoom; 07-15-2017 at 11:55 AM.
timbralzoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #3363
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
Thanks lb0, one more question. When I switch project tabs the stripper crashes, is there any way to fix this?
Will look into - used to be ok - prob. some new update has broken this and I've not noticed as I rarely use them.

Regarding your other issue - read what timbral has said.

And do not put anything other than faderbox on the control track. My script for speed assumes any plugins on that track are faderboxes and will try to use them as such. if you need to do any midi data manipulation you will need to put it on a child track of the control track - so the changed midi gets passed to the parent - you would then need to listen for the midi on the child track. Hopefully this should not add any noticeable latency.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:11 PM   #3364
NextLevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Thank you timbralzoom I got it working.
The other plugin I am using is so that I can map to a specific zone, this is because it is kind of a hassle to do it from on board my MIDI keyboard.

Now I'm experiencing a new problem. The snapshots isn't always detecting the note change, sometimes I have to hit a note multiple times, The plugin that is doing the remapping detects the note just fine, however the stripper does not, and I'm not even playing fast.
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #3365
NextLevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Ok, more info. This is really weird. I added an instance of ReaControlMIDI after the key mapper so that I could watch the log to see if all notes were coming out of the mapper and switching snaps works fine now, even when playing fast.

lb0, I wonder if you could maybe take a look at the code for "JS:MIDI Map To Key v2" and see if you spot anything that could be causing this. I rather not have to have ReaControlMIDI running if possible.

Thanks
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #3366
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,547
Default

LBX Stripper.lua:30274: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'morph_loop')

timbralzoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #3367
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
Thank you timbralzoom I got it working.
The other plugin I am using is so that I can map to a specific zone, this is because it is kind of a hassle to do it from on board my MIDI keyboard.

Now I'm experiencing a new problem. The snapshots isn't always detecting the note change, sometimes I have to hit a note multiple times, The plugin that is doing the remapping detects the note just fine, however the stripper does not, and I'm not even playing fast.
Isn't always detecting or isn't ever?

The reason I ask is maybe it's outputting on an incorrect channel or something which reacontrolmidi fixes? dunno - just thinking out loud without looking into the possibilities, but it sounds like reacontrolmidi is fixing something there.

I'll take a look (probably next week) as it's my youngest son's 1st birthday party tomorrow and my better half will KILL me if I spend any time sat at the laptop!!

New update though - includes hopefully a fix to changing project tabs (problem was with the fader code).

Also added loop morphing. Simply click the new button (next to pause) - left click switches loop mode on and selects between restart and rebound modes. right-click switches loop off.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #3368
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
LBX Stripper.lua:30274: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'morph_loop')

what the *#!?!!!

how did you find that so quick!!

looking into a fix...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #3369
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Ok - hopefully fixed - that was seriously quick though!!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #3370
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,547
Default

by change i open github and was saying "just now"

EDIT:
strange..
if i first right then left click to LOOP button it works..

EDIT2: will try to new one'
timbralzoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #3371
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 285
Default

When clicking on SNAPSHOTS sync (with no snapshots)
LBX Stripper.lua:30186: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

SNAPSHOTS INSTANT (no snapshots)
LBX Stripper.lua:30143: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

SNAPSHOTS Linear (no snapshots)
LBX Stripper.lua:30191: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

EDIT: found it fixed 21 seconds after posting this
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide

Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin; 07-15-2017 at 02:18 PM.
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #3372
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
When clicking on SNAPSHOTS sync (with no snapshots)
LBX Stripper.lua:30186: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

SNAPSHOTS INSTANT (no snapshots)
LBX Stripper.lua:30143: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

SNAPSHOTS Linear (no snapshots)
LBX Stripper.lua:30191: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
Haha - oops.

Try the latest... may have missed some of these but think I've caught most.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #3373
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
by change i open github and was saying "just now"

EDIT:
strange..
if i first right then left click to LOOP button it works..

EDIT2: will try to new one'
how do you mean?

it's meant to go into loop mode on left click, then out of loop mode right-click - is this not working?
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #3374
NextLevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Isn't always detecting or isn't ever?

The reason I ask is maybe it's outputting on an incorrect channel or something which reacontrolmidi fixes? dunno - just thinking out loud without looking into the possibilities, but it sounds like reacontrolmidi is fixing something there.

I'll take a look (probably next week) as it's my youngest son's 1st birthday party tomorrow and my better half will KILL me if I spend any time sat at the laptop!!

New update though - includes hopefully a fix to changing project tabs (problem was with the fader code).

Also added loop morphing. Simply click the new button (next to pause) - left click switches loop mode on and selects between restart and rebound modes. right-click switches loop off.
I'll poke around a little more, if I find anything I'll let ya know.

Wow!!! you are not going to believe this, but tomorrow is my b-day as well.
What a strange universe!

Going to dload latest update right now, can't wait to try out morph-looping.
Thank you for adding it, and so quick, you're awesome!

Cheers
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #3375
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
When clicking on SNAPSHOTS sync (with no snapshots)
LBX Stripper.lua:30186: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

SNAPSHOTS INSTANT (no snapshots)
LBX Stripper.lua:30143: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

SNAPSHOTS Linear (no snapshots)
LBX Stripper.lua:30191: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

EDIT: found it fixed 21 seconds after posting this
i can confirm but grid also must empty..
if there is controls in the grid ...errors doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
how do you mean?

it's meant to go into loop mode on left click, then out of loop mode right-click - is this not working?
it was one version ago..current works fine.
timbralzoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #3376
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
I'll poke around a little more, if I find anything I'll let ya know.

Wow!!! you are not going to believe this, but tomorrow is my b-day as well.
What a strange universe!

Going to dload latest update right now, can't wait to try out morph-looping.
Thank you for adding it, and so quick, you're awesome!

Cheers
out of curiosity did you tried inseretpizhere "Force To Range" also?

EDIT:
i can confirm seems
all the errors that ThrashJazzAssassin reported was fixed!
Thank you!
timbralzoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #3377
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
I'll poke around a little more, if I find anything I'll let ya know.

Wow!!! you are not going to believe this, but tomorrow is my b-day as well.
What a strange universe!

Going to dload latest update right now, can't wait to try out morph-looping.
Thank you for adding it, and so quick, you're awesome!

Cheers
Happy birthday for tomorrow - hope you have a great one!! My son's birthday was a few days back but we're having a small party tomorrow to celebrate! So basically he's had 2 birthdays in the space of a week and doesn't have a clue what's going on at either
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #3378
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 285
Default

Yep. I've been clicking around like crazy and can't make it crash

Couple of other things though (sorry, may have been discussed before). 1)If I create a strip and move to a different tab without saving I lose the strip. And 2)while a snapshot is morphing/looping, no other controls can be adjusted.
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:51 PM   #3379
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Yep. I've been clicking around like crazy and can't make it crash

Couple of other things though (sorry, may have been discussed before). 1)If I create a strip and move to a different tab without saving I lose the strip. And 2)while a snapshot is morphing/looping, no other controls can be adjusted.
ok - 1 - will look into when i have time - but it may not be easily possible to fix this. similar to closing the reaper without saving. have to have a think.

2 - oops - dunno what's going on there - will look into... EDIT: ok i know what's going on...

EDIT2:

update should allow to move non-morphing parameters while morph is running.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 07-15-2017 at 02:57 PM.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #3380
NextLevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Happy birthday for tomorrow - hope you have a great one!! My son's birthday was a few days back but we're having a small party tomorrow to celebrate! So basically he's had 2 birthdays in the space of a week and doesn't have a clue what's going on at either
Thank you, I will. So many b-days in July in my life, a couple of friends, one of which is nearing a 30yr friendship, a nephew, his is today, an ex-fiances' was on the 13th. Looks like October is a popular month for gettin' down -n- taking care of business!

Morph-looping is pretty fun!, any chance you could add the ability to change trans.time, sync, and curve type while looping is engaged?
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #3381
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
Thank you, I will. So many b-days in July in my life, a couple of friends, one of which is nearing a 30yr friendship, a nephew, his is today, an ex-fiances' was on the 13th. Looks like October is a popular month for gettin' down -n- taking care of business!

Morph-looping is pretty fun!, any chance you could add the ability to change trans.time, sync, and curve type while looping is engaged?
curve type you can - but it jumps around a bit (and no easy way can i fix that).

I can probably add the others... EDIT - thinking about it - morph time will likely jump around a bit too. I can try and smooth things out using inverse of the transfer functions - but then the sync will go out unless you are very good at timing the changes... Will have to work out what's best.

EDIT: haha - my own birthday is exactly nine-months to the day (going by the calendar) after my dads birthday... never quite sure whether I was a birthday present, or simply the result of a birthday present!!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 07-15-2017 at 03:28 PM.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #3382
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
...

I'll take a look (probably next week) as it's my youngest son's 1st birthday party tomorrow and my better half will KILL me if I spend any time sat at the laptop!!
...
please do not forget to check your email
timbralzoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #3383
NextLevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
curve type you can - but it jumps around a bit (and no easy way can i fix that).

I can probably add the others...
TIA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post

EDIT: haha - my own birthday is exactly nine-months to the day (going by the calendar) after my dads birthday... never quite sure whether I was a birthday present, or simply the result of a birthday present!!
LOL! The gift that kept on giving.

Edit: Just tried looping two different snapshot banks at the same time, each bank is set to different fx params., different trans. times and directions....., and it worked! This is getting very interesting, yay!

Last edited by NextLevel; 07-15-2017 at 03:38 PM.
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #3384
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
please do not forget to check your email
I shall try to find an excuse!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #3385
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
TIA!


LOL! The gift that kept on giving.

Edit: Just tried looping two different snapshot banks at the same time, each bank is set to different fx params., different trans. times and directions....., and it worked! This is getting very interesting, yay!
That was the plan. Morphing of different subsets/different pages/tracks etc should all be possible independantly - although it will probably kill your cpu pretty quick (at least it can do when i test morphing 10+ 4band ReaEQs on my laptop - around 10% cpu). But multiple smallish snapshots should be fine. EDIT: seems it's mainly the graphics updating that uses most cpu. setting several large morphs going and switching to a non-morphing track reduces cpu loads.

Now just need to create an easier interface to trigger them all
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 07-15-2017 at 03:53 PM.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:54 PM   #3386
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I shall try to find an excuse!
do not even think!
should i call the Charles again?
timbralzoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #3387
NextLevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Wow, just tried switching snaps via notes while morph-looping at the same time and that works too! This is the most fun I've had in quite sometime. This is going to breathe a bit of new life into some tired old plugins.

...and to think, I was going to go to bed an hour or so ago, looks like I'll probably be up for 5 or 6 more just playin' around.
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #3388
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
Wow, just tried switching snaps via notes while morph-looping at the same time and that works too! This is the most fun I've had in quite sometime. This is going to breathe a bit of new life into some tired old plugins.

...and to think, I was going to go to bed an hour or so ago, looks like I'll probably be up for 5 or 6 more just playin' around.
My sincerest apologies
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:37 PM   #3389
NextLevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
My sincerest apologies
ha! ha! a littlw sleep deprivation is well worth all the fun!
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:34 PM   #3390
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
ha! ha! a littlw sleep deprivation is well worth all the fun!
a little?
did you saw this having Modulators inside the Stripper part?
EDIT: "Faderbox Modulators"

https://youtu.be/kMC2CY7ngLc?t=9m35s
timbralzoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:22 AM   #3391
NextLevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
a little?
did you saw this having Modulators inside the Stripper part?
EDIT: "Faderbox Modulators"

https://youtu.be/kMC2CY7ngLc?t=9m35s
Yes, I really like how Stripper now has the drag-n-drop from the fader list. What would be really cool, is if Stripper had it's own modulation system, similar to the way morph-looping works, but for individual parameters.

You could select one, or maybe even multiple parameters and then right click which would bring up a modulation dialog where we could select the type of curve (sine, square, tri, sawUp, sawDown) and then maybe a user input field where we could enter our own math formulas.

The reason why I'd like Stripper to have it's own mod. system is because I like using REAPER's playrate to influence the inner workings of plugins that have sync functions. The downside of using REAPER's mod. system is that if you speed up/slow down the playrate any assigned modulations also do the same.
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:51 PM   #3392
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
Yes, I really like how Stripper now has the drag-n-drop from the fader list. What would be really cool, is if Stripper had it's own modulation system, similar to the way morph-looping works, but for individual parameters.

You could select one, or maybe even multiple parameters and then right click which would bring up a modulation dialog where we could select the type of curve (sine, square, tri, sawUp, sawDown) and then maybe a user input field where we could enter our own math formulas.

The reason why I'd like Stripper to have it's own mod. system is because I like using REAPER's playrate to influence the inner workings of plugins that have sync functions. The downside of using REAPER's mod. system is that if you speed up/slow down the playrate any assigned modulations also do the same.
Just a thought. What if you had some VST or JSFX midi plugin that output midi CC values for an LFO. These then learnt to a fader in faderbox. How would that affect timing when adjusting playback rate?

Thinking out loud - it might be easier to find something or create something in JSFX to do this?? If you think this might work - then I'll look into sometime. No idea how easy to implement an input transfer function - but might be possible.

Timbral uses midi shaper in a lot of his vids (I know it's not free) and that seems to work great - but I don't know whether it's possible to automate it to change the shape. A more simple lfo->CC generator might be better - then you can import controls into stripper to adjust.

I probably could add it directly into Stripper - but it would have more of a performance hit than just using the faderbox's which are already available.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #3393
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,547
Default

i am looking for an automation replacement instead of the simple LFO
but..
about the Midishaper part
i tried
Midishaper - Paid (Cableguys), CCStepper - Free (CodeFN42) and Sequencer Megababy

midishaper is the only one
that you can take the snapshot of whole shape you draw...
so shape can be automatable... if i understand right.

CCStepper also great one & very easy to draw..
you can't take snapshot of the shape you draw :/
but if you go carefully you have 8 sequencers in one instance...
if you activate one of them at a time and never modify the one you already used
might real helper to modulate things.

Sequencer Megababy also same but if you use carefully you have 48 or 96 patterns to draw shapes and you can automate the pattern number to draw/use new shapes...
but you should never modify the shape (pattern) already in use...
so use always new pattern..

about Seq. Megababy i made a craziest suggestion but no answer so far..
it seems more heavy job than i thought
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=496
timbralzoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:51 AM   #3394
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 285
Default

When selecting __GLOBAL track with 'Insert default strip on every track' enabled
LBX Stripper.lua:15230: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

SNAPSHOTS > NEW SUBSET > LEARN CTLS (click twice) (Clean strip - no params)
LBX Stripper.lua:39346: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:16 AM   #3395
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
When selecting __GLOBAL track with 'Insert default strip on every track' enabled
LBX Stripper.lua:15230: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

SNAPSHOTS > NEW SUBSET > LEARN CTLS (click twice) (Clean strip - no params)
LBX Stripper.lua:39346: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
Thanks for reporting.

2nd one have fixed.

1st one - have put in measures to prevent the error - but I couldn't repeat the error. Have you a global strip assigned? If so - have you changed the folder it was in - or deleted any strip folders or anything like that?

Inserting default global strip works fine for me and I couldn't work out why you may have had this issue.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:27 AM   #3396
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Have you a global strip assigned? If so - have you changed the folder it was in - or deleted any strip folders or anything like that?

Inserting default global strip works fine for me and I couldn't work out why you may have had this issue.
I've never assigned a global strip

I first encountered this error when I re-selected the __GLOBAL track after I had previously deleted a default strip which had added itself

Hope that helps. Thanks
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:49 AM   #3397
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
I've never assigned a global strip

I first encountered this error when I re-selected the __GLOBAL track after I had previously deleted a default strip which had added itself

Hope that helps. Thanks
hmmm. anyway - the update should prevent any error.

Just realized I've been trying to retest with my 'fix' in place - so if the error was occuring for me and the fix was working - I would have never known anyway. :|

I've added in another update an indicator in the menu which indicates whether default strips are set up - just in case one is accidentally assigned.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:50 AM   #3398
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 285
Default

Parameters often become stuck when morph > instant.

+

Error when learning new subset ctls while looping a snapshot
LBX Stripper.lua:40093: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #3399
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Parameters often become stuck when morph > instant.

+

Error when learning new subset ctls while looping a snapshot
LBX Stripper.lua:40093: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
update - fix for the error. You now cannot learn ctls if a morph is running on that subset. I would have preferred to have allowed it - but due to the way morphing works it's not reasonably possible.

what do you mean params get stuck? is this in unsync'd mode? What plugins are you morphing? I've not noticed any issues in testing with various plugins I have installed...

EDIT: do you have any faders assigned - because there is the option in settings that will prevent a parameter being set while morphing if a fader is assigned to it.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #3400
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 285
Default

__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.