Old 12-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #4321
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
Hi lb0, thanks for the reply. I tried that but I am getting the same issue. So here's what I am seeing now -

C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\ LBXCS_resources\
C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\ LBX Stripper.lua

I am going to Actions | Show Action List and clicking Load, going to C:\Users\Valued Customer\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX and clicking LBX Stripper.lua. Then I am selecting in the action list and hitting run. Same result as mentioned in last post.

Am I doing this wrong?
Can you please check that the LBXCS_resources folder contains the controls/ folder - and that it contains the same files as in the zip file. The stripper script actually creates this directory structure when it tries to create some additional required folders that aren't in the zip file.

Because before you mentioned a different location for the LBXCS_resources folder. It might be that what you are seeing now is simply the empty folder structure created by stripper.

I would unzip the LBXCS_resources.zip file again and ensure it is in the location you mentioned above...

I have just updated the LBXStripper.lua file with a version that will also display the expected location of the resources folder if any of the files are missing.

PLEASE NOTE (to anyone in general monitoring the stripper github): This update also contains partial code for a RS5K control but this is not functional yet
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #4322
amonte
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Can you please check that the LBXCS_resources folder contains the controls/ folder - and that it contains the same files as in the zip file. The stripper script actually creates this directory structure when it tries to create some additional required folders that aren't in the zip file.

Because before you mentioned a different location for the LBXCS_resources folder. It might be that what you are seeing now is simply the empty folder structure created by stripper.

I would unzip the LBXCS_resources.zip file again and ensure it is in the location you mentioned above...

I have just updated the LBXStripper.lua file with a version that will also display the expected location of the resources folder if any of the files are missing.

PLEASE NOTE (to anyone in general monitoring the stripper github): This update also contains partial code for a RS5K control but this is not functional yet
Ah-ha! That did the trick. I thought I had copied the files but apparently I had not. Thank you!

I'll watch the videos again before coming back and asking more questions
amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #4323
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,549
Default

RS5K!? .. some suspicious activities here
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #4324
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
RS5K!? .. some suspicious activities here
haha - well - at the moment you can simply drag the control in but it does nothing ... just sits there and makes you wonder...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #4325
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
Ah-ha! That did the trick. I thought I had copied the files but apparently I had not. Thank you!

I'll watch the videos again before coming back and asking more questions
Great - it's not a great way to install everything - and eventually I'll try to make it better - but for now you just need to try to follow the procedure as best as possible (and I completely understand when and why things can go wrong :/ )

Have fun - feel free to ask questions or offer suggestions... I'm on a bit of a go slow with updating at the moment due to life commitments - but am still plugging away when I get the chance
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #4326
amonte
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Thanks, lb0!

I am only starting to play with it but I really like it a lot. Very interested in using it in practice on a mix!

One quick question - is there a resource somewhere for additional knob styles? I noticed that the knobs in the video are different than the options that are available on my install. I'd love to try and get a layout to match the WT Imperial theme or something along those lines. Actually, my original goal with this was to recreate a channel of my Soundtracs console.
amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #4327
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
Thanks, lb0!

I am only starting to play with it but I really like it a lot. Very interested in using it in practice on a mix!

One quick question - is there a resource somewhere for additional knob styles? I noticed that the knobs in the video are different than the options that are available on my install. I'd love to try and get a layout to match the WT Imperial theme or something along those lines. Actually, my original goal with this was to recreate a channel of my Soundtracs console.
here is the extra controls & graphics
(link also included in the first post of the topic)
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068

EDIT:
Enjoy!

EDIT2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
haha - well - at the moment you can simply drag the control in but it does nothing ... just sits there and makes you wonder...
OK this works & makes me stay for a while too

Last edited by timbralzoom; 12-05-2017 at 10:45 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:39 AM   #4328
amonte
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
here is the extra controls & graphics
(link also included in the first post of the topic)
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068

EDIT:
Enjoy!

EDIT2:



OK this works & makes me stay for a while too
Thanks Timbralzoom, appreciated! Got them going now.

This might be beyond the scope of LBX, though not necessarily beyond the scope of making a channel strip so here goes...is there a way to set a max value for a parameter? I'm basically trying to setup ReaEq like more of a console style EQ where there are 3-4 frequency bands that cover different ranges. So for my low band it might be something like, I dunno - 80hZ to 330hZ? Can that be done? Not a deal breaker if it can't just thought it might be cool.
amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:50 AM   #4329
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,549
Default

if i get it right:
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #4330
amonte
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Default

OMG this thing just gets better and better
amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #4331
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
OMG this thing just gets better and better
And if you want stepped values - you can use a cycle control.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:37 PM   #4332
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
This update also contains partial code for a RS5K control but this is not functional yet
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

And the incessant github refreshing begins!!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #4333
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

And the incessant github refreshing begins!!
haha - it's a little way off yet - but is in the works
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:02 AM   #4334
sonicowl
Human being with feelings
 
sonicowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 287
Default LBX Stripper Tutorials?

Are there any tutorials for LBX stripper? I tried to use it several times, but I'm a bit lost. Or at least some vide showcase what can be done with it.
I can put knobs and make it work, but I cannot make it usable in practice. Would be really helpful to see how others are making a channel strip and use it in real situation.
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:10 AM   #4335
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicowl View Post
Are there any tutorials for LBX stripper? I tried to use it several times, but I'm a bit lost. Or at least some vide showcase what can be done with it.
I can put knobs and make it work, but I cannot make it usable in practice. Would be really helpful to see how others are making a channel strip and use it in real situation.
There are various video's floating around - many linked to in the first post.

It depends on how you wish to use it. The idea is to create channel strips using your different plugins - drag in necessary controls (like you've been able to do) - and set up the strip so you can control all the plugins through the single interface. Then - once you're happy with the strip - go into Strip edit mode and save the strip.

You can then drag this strip onto any new track/s through strip edit mode.

Of course - there's no limit to how many strips you can create. You can create strips for different tasks (vocal channel, drum bus, master etc), create smaller modular strips so you can mix and match, and to recall them whenever required.

Using it like this is a bit like creating template tracks, but with the addition of providing controls for the plugins all on the one interface.

Additionally - you can create snapshot presets - which stores the settings of all or part of the entire strip - something not quite so easy to do otherwise (although can be done using SWS stuff too I believe). Useful for creating different starting points or A/B ing different mix settings.

You can easily (ish) set up external controllers to link to the controls (with midi feedback if required).

There's internal modulation (not very time accurate - but useful for some tasks).

XY controls/macro controls for controlling multiple parameters at once.

If you wanted you can set up cycle controls to turn a fully parametric EQ plugin into a frequency stepped one featuring just your favourite frequencies, or gain increments etc.

And many other features/possibilities.

It's too in-depth to go into fully in this post - sometimes it's best to try things out - and then ask if you have a specific query or task to do that you cannot work out.

It can take some time to set up strips how you want them - but you only need to invest that time once for each strip (unless you tweak it) - and then it's available for use in all your projects.

Of course - the above is mainly useful for mixing/mastering tasks, but it can also be useful in other scenarios too (Live, Sound Design etc).
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #4336
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,221
Default

Hi lb0.

It's been awhile ... and busy, but I've been following your threads.

Have a question/request for a feature/option [old idea].

Anyway, I've been demo'ing the IK Lurssen Console plugin. It has a neat feature of a 'global' control that, from a single Knob, can relatively adjust a group of other Knobs. The KEY point ... the Individual knobs retain their relative values as the 'Master' changes all values.

I know we can GROUP Control several knobs under a single control now, but we lose the unique values.

Might a new option be created to add this unique function ?

thanks for the consideration.
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #4337
sonicowl
Human being with feelings
 
sonicowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 287
Default

After I create a strip, say for EQ, how do I make it load every time I load that EQ? I make layout in LBX Stripper for FX, then load FX from FX browser, but LBX Stripper layout is not loaded with plugin. I thought that if you make layout for plugin, then it will load automatically everytime plugin is loaded - like a new skin for a plugin? Probably this is not the correct way. How do you properly load FX, so that LBX layouts get loaded with FX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
There are various video's floating around - many linked to in the first post.

It depends on how you wish to use it. The idea is to create channel strips using your different plugins - drag in necessary controls (like you've been able to do) - and set up the strip so you can control all the plugins through the single interface. Then - once you're happy with the strip - go into Strip edit mode and save the strip.

You can then drag this strip onto any new track/s through strip edit mode.

Of course - there's no limit to how many strips you can create. You can create strips for different tasks (vocal channel, drum bus, master etc), create smaller modular strips so you can mix and match, and to recall them whenever required.

Using it like this is a bit like creating template tracks, but with the addition of providing controls for the plugins all on the one interface.

Additionally - you can create snapshot presets - which stores the settings of all or part of the entire strip - something not quite so easy to do otherwise (although can be done using SWS stuff too I believe). Useful for creating different starting points or A/B ing different mix settings.

You can easily (ish) set up external controllers to link to the controls (with midi feedback if required).

There's internal modulation (not very time accurate - but useful for some tasks).

XY controls/macro controls for controlling multiple parameters at once.

If you wanted you can set up cycle controls to turn a fully parametric EQ plugin into a frequency stepped one featuring just your favourite frequencies, or gain increments etc.

And many other features/possibilities.

It's too in-depth to go into fully in this post - sometimes it's best to try things out - and then ask if you have a specific query or task to do that you cannot work out.

It can take some time to set up strips how you want them - but you only need to invest that time once for each strip (unless you tweak it) - and then it's available for use in all your projects.

Of course - the above is mainly useful for mixing/mastering tasks, but it can also be useful in other scenarios too (Live, Sound Design etc).
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #4338
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicowl View Post
After I create a strip, say for EQ, how do I make it load every time I load that EQ? I make layout in LBX Stripper for FX, then load FX from FX browser, but LBX Stripper layout is not loaded with plugin. I thought that if you make layout for plugin, then it will load automatically everytime plugin is loaded - like a new skin for a plugin? Probably this is not the correct way. How do you properly load FX, so that LBX layouts get loaded with FX?
how about a simple video demonstration
i hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Lt...ature=youtu.be
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:54 AM   #4339
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicowl View Post
After I create a strip, say for EQ, how do I make it load every time I load that EQ? I make layout in LBX Stripper for FX, then load FX from FX browser, but LBX Stripper layout is not loaded with plugin. I thought that if you make layout for plugin, then it will load automatically everytime plugin is loaded - like a new skin for a plugin? Probably this is not the correct way. How do you properly load FX, so that LBX layouts get loaded with FX?
It won't automatically generate that way (yet) - although there are things to make it easier.

Originally designed that you simply grab the strip from the strip list in Strip edit mode - and drag it into the track strip. This loads the required fx on the track as well as the strip controls. The reason it was designed this way was to allow for complex multiple plugin strips - which doesn't really work by loading the fx in the track mixer.

Anyway - to do what you want - you can right-click on the strip in the strip list and set it as default strip for that plugin (only works for single plugins).

Then in FX Edit mode - you can (I think) right-click the fx name in the plugin list and drag the controls in. (Going from memory of a newish feature here - so may not be exactly this).
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:59 AM   #4340
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Hi lb0.

It's been awhile ... and busy, but I've been following your threads.

Have a question/request for a feature/option [old idea].

Anyway, I've been demo'ing the IK Lurssen Console plugin. It has a neat feature of a 'global' control that, from a single Knob, can relatively adjust a group of other Knobs. The KEY point ... the Individual knobs retain their relative values as the 'Master' changes all values.

I know we can GROUP Control several knobs under a single control now, but we lose the unique values.

Might a new option be created to add this unique function ?

thanks for the consideration.
I'll try to get my head around how this works later - and see what's possible. There is already a relative mode in Macro controls - click the small REL button on a macro parameter.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:04 AM   #4341
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
how about a simple video demonstration
i hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Lt...ature=youtu.be
Thanks as always Timbral
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:34 AM   #4342
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I'll try to get my head around how this works later - and see what's possible. There is already a relative mode in Macro controls - click the small REL button on a macro parameter.
Wait a minute ... I think this is it !

Need to test more, but will post back.

--- EDIT --------

OK ... this is ALMOST working. [of course, User error [me] cannot be ruled out].

I still need to identify when this happens, but at some point, the REL function get
lost. Eventually it stops working. Resetting the REL starts it working again [temp].
I need to test more later today ...

Last edited by RJHollins; 12-08-2017 at 02:46 AM.
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #4343
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Thanks as always Timbral
its my pleasure as always!
although there is some brain stop moments while looking for the knobs
but gives the main save load the strip idea i guess
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:34 AM   #4344
Spurk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 126
Default

Hey

I'm trying to figure out how to use the faderbox learn (global) when right clicking.
I looked at your tutorials timbral but I'm afraid you didn't do vids about it (except the XY modulation using faderbox).
Please, can I have some help?
Spurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:12 AM   #4345
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,549
Default

Hi,
here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0oM...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
you can save that "__LBX_CTL" track as a Track Template .. but remember you can use only 1 "__LBX_CTL" track in same project.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:30 AM   #4346
Spurk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 126
Default

You're the best! I'm gonna look at it.
cheers
Spurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #4347
amonte
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Well I have pretty much spent the whole weekend messing with LBX and really enjoying it. I've got a bunch of strips that I've put together and started loading in projects.

One thing I did notice is that some of the JS plugins I am trying to hook up to LBX have some strange behaviors when turning the knobs. Specifically the Non-Linear Processor and the F670 compressor plugin. Sometimes they don't move at all, other times they move on their own and other times still they only go to their min and max settings. Anyone else see this?
amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:03 AM   #4348
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
Well I have pretty much spent the whole weekend messing with LBX and really enjoying it. I've got a bunch of strips that I've put together and started loading in projects.

One thing I did notice is that some of the JS plugins I am trying to hook up to LBX have some strange behaviors when turning the knobs. Specifically the Non-Linear Processor and the F670 compressor plugin. Sometimes they don't move at all, other times they move on their own and other times still they only go to their min and max settings. Anyone else see this?
Would you be able to share a sharestrip file with me? - so I can try it out.

To create a sharestrip - just go to strip edit mode - select the strip from the list on the left - right-click it and choose export sharestrip file. This contains not only the data for the strip but also the graphics/control files.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:35 AM   #4349
Spurk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 126
Default

Hi again,

A question comes to me. Lets say I have a dedicated LBXcontroler track (where I put all the strip I need from different tracks) If I save the strip-not the projet-and want to load it later on a different project it will be load on the track that is selected, right? So if I wanna keep the correct mapping of the tracks I must save the reaper project and save the project in LBX? And what if I don't want to reload all the project but only one plugin keep the track appart from my LBXcontroler one?

A 2nd one in fact ^^,
is it possible to reaffect a new parameter directly on a existing strip (I mean a knobs, fader, on/off button etc)? Like a right clic "realearn"... or something like that.

thx a bunch in advance for your time! (which is precious to me/us) ^^
Spurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:56 AM   #4350
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurk View Post
Hi again,

A question comes to me. Lets say I have a dedicated LBXcontroler track (where I put all the strip I need from different tracks) If I save the strip-not the projet-and want to load it later on a different project it will be load on the track that is selected, right? So if I wanna keep the correct mapping of the tracks I must save the reaper project and save the project in LBX? And what if I don't want to reload all the project but only one plugin keep the track appart from my LBXcontroler one?

A 2nd one in fact ^^,
is it possible to reaffect a new parameter directly on a existing strip (I mean a knobs, fader, on/off button etc)? Like a right clic "realearn"... or something like that.

thx a bunch in advance for your time! (which is precious to me/us) ^^
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. But - a simple strip file will only contain plugins from the current track (any plugins on different tracks will not recall correctly). If you need a multi track strip file - you need to save as a *strip set* - (in main ... menu).

You can then import (load or merge) a strip set into a current project and it will recreate the tracks and layout as needed. At the moment - you would need to ensure that only the tracks you want are in the project when saving the set as it saves all the tracks. Load will remove any current strip data (so only use on a blank project where stripper has not been used yet), merge - will keep existing stripper data. TBH - the load method doesn't need to be there anymore - I would use merge each time.

As for parameters - simply drag any parameter over an existing control in fx edit mode and it will overwrite the mapping. You can even drag an entire plugin (can't remember if leftclick or rightclick drag) over a single control and it will remap all the control mappings for the plugin. Probably best to play with to get a feel to what it does.

If you're talking about LBX faderbox mappings - then currently you would need to remap in any new project - or create a project template with them already in there. Strip files do not keep control mappings - and I can't remember what strip sets do (although it will recreate any __LBX_CTL track saved in the strip set.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:02 AM   #4351
Spurk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 126
Default

Nope, I wasn't talking about LBX faderbox.
You absolutely got what I was asking. You did answer to all my wondering

cheers and thx again for your work!
Spurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #4352
amonte
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Would you be able to share a sharestrip file with me? - so I can try it out.

To create a sharestrip - just go to strip edit mode - select the strip from the list on the left - right-click it and choose export sharestrip file. This contains not only the data for the strip but also the graphics/control files.
Sure, here you go

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hi...Cy2UKVYbZ0YrRZ
amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:34 AM   #4353
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
Well I have pretty much spent the whole weekend messing with LBX and really enjoying it. I've got a bunch of strips that I've put together and started loading in projects.

One thing I did notice is that some of the JS plugins I am trying to hook up to LBX have some strange behaviors when turning the knobs. Specifically the Non-Linear Processor and the F670 compressor plugin. Sometimes they don't move at all, other times they move on their own and other times still they only go to their min and max settings. Anyone else see this?
Hi Amonte,

Nice strip

Think I've sussed out your issues. I think it's with the design of the JS plugins.

For instance - the Fairchild clone - the GR and Ratio are actually meters - and not controls - so if you were to find a suitable calibrated control - you could use that to signify the GR and Ratio values.

The other issues - it looks like you've set up the controls to be buttons - hence why they are jumping between min and max. Simply go into FX edit mode - select any controls with this behaviour - and then in the CTL OPTIONS box - click through the control types (underneath EDIT NAME button). Knob/Slider is probably standard for continuous parameters.

Let me know if this helps.

L.

EDIT: Also - the gain reduction meter is a log scale - so you may wish to change it's response in CTL OPTIONS 2. Otherwise - unless you have massive GR - you won't notice it move much (if at all).

Another quick note - with your gauges - notice they don't line up beginning and end of the knobs throw. You can extend the length of the gauge to match the beginning and end positions of the knob. Also - if the ticks don't line up correctly - you can adjust them either way - or if they're completely out - you can simply remove them all - then rotate the control to each tick position you want - then right-click the knob to add a tick at that position...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 12-12-2017 at 03:47 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #4354
amonte
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi Amonte,

Nice strip

Think I've sussed out your issues. I think it's with the design of the JS plugins.

For instance - the Fairchild clone - the GR and Ratio are actually meters - and not controls - so if you were to find a suitable calibrated control - you could use that to signify the GR and Ratio values.

The other issues - it looks like you've set up the controls to be buttons - hence why they are jumping between min and max. Simply go into FX edit mode - select any controls with this behaviour - and then in the CTL OPTIONS box - click through the control types (underneath EDIT NAME button). Knob/Slider is probably standard for continuous parameters.

Let me know if this helps.

L.

EDIT: Also - the gain reduction meter is a log scale - so you may wish to change it's response in CTL OPTIONS 2. Otherwise - unless you have massive GR - you won't notice it move much (if at all).

Another quick note - with your gauges - notice they don't line up beginning and end of the knobs throw. You can extend the length of the gauge to match the beginning and end positions of the knob. Also - if the ticks don't line up correctly - you can adjust them either way - or if they're completely out - you can simply remove them all - then rotate the control to each tick position you want - then right-click the knob to add a tick at that position...
Awesome, thank you for the help and tips!

Like I said, I really love working with the lbxstripper. Honestly, this is a game changer for me. I just find it so much easier to work like this than having all the extra clicks. My next trick is to get my FaderPort to jump between parameters.

Is there a way to have the track name appear in the strip?
amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:21 AM   #4355
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonte View Post
Awesome, thank you for the help and tips!

Like I said, I really love working with the lbxstripper. Honestly, this is a game changer for me. I just find it so much easier to work like this than having all the extra clicks. My next trick is to get my FaderPort to jump between parameters.

Is there a way to have the track name appear in the strip?
Great!

At the moment the track name is only visible in the top bar (if you've not hidden it).

But I have thought about a special control that can display items like track name... Will add it to my list of things to do.

EDIT: Also - the GR output from the Fairchild cannot be easily mapped currently to any stripper controls unless you designed a special purpose built one. Most of it's useful values (0-10dB reduction) are in like the final 1% of *movement* - thus doesn't show up on the control. Of course - you could just use the value readout for text GR meter, but would be nice to calibrate it suitably for Stripper.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 12-13-2017 at 09:30 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #4356
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 285
Default

Talking about GR meters, have you seen this new API feature in the latest 5.70?

Quote:
+ VST: support TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm() with GainReduction_dB to retrieve the current GR from plug-ins that support the Presonus GR API
Also, might help someone, I have a zip of GR meter graphics in my github https://github.com/ThrashJazzAssassin/LBX-Strips which basically consists of all of timberalzoom's meters rotated 180 degrees with appropriately edited and renamed .knb files.
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #4357
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Talking about GR meters, have you seen this new API feature in the latest 5.70?



Also, might help someone, I have a zip of GR meter graphics in my github https://github.com/ThrashJazzAssassin/LBX-Strips which basically consists of all of timberalzoom's meters rotated 180 degrees with appropriately edited and renamed .knb files.
Thanks for the heads up. I don't know how many plugins adhere to Presonus's API but certainly something I could add to Stripper for any that do.

And thanks for doing the control edits - will take a look when I get some time (not much at the moment - blame Christmas season!)
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:02 AM   #4358
sammydix
Human being with feelings
 
sammydix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,574
Default Can't get it to work

I downloaded the script and resources from Github and followed instructions. I get this error when trying to run:
LBX Stripper.lua:1: unexpected symbol near '<\255>'

What I've done:
Created an LBX folder in Scripts
Unrared the resource folder into the LBX folder
Added the lua script to the LBX folder
Got the error above.

So I searched the thread and tried--
Getting the "raw file" and copy/pasted/saved as .lua. Same error.
Using Firefox, I "saved page as" and loaded the lua. Same error.
Where am I going sooooo wrong?
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #4359
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
I downloaded the script and resources from Github and followed instructions. I get this error when trying to run:
LBX Stripper.lua:1: unexpected symbol near '<\255>'

What I've done:
Created an LBX folder in Scripts
Unrared the resource folder into the LBX folder
Added the lua script to the LBX folder
Got the error above.

So I searched the thread and tried--
Getting the "raw file" and copy/pasted/saved as .lua. Same error.
Using Firefox, I "saved page as" and loaded the lua. Same error.
Where am I going sooooo wrong?
sounds definitely like a corruption issue from github.

I've uploaded latest version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yvxn9vy6k...0Ww-SPPZa?dl=0

try this and let me know.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #4360
sammydix
Human being with feelings
 
sammydix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,574
Default

That did it! Thank you!
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.