Old 01-26-2021, 04:28 AM   #1
Roger2611
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper no longer usable

Hi,

I need assistance please, I have not used Reaper for a while as I was having huge issues opening projects from the projects list, every time I tried it the screen went to "initialising" and that was it, the computer froze and had to be restarted by pressing and holding the power button, I found a work around for that but left the program for some time, I have just tried to use it today and the last project is there but I cannot do anything with it, if I touch any button it goes to the initialising screen and the computer crashes again, I have unplugged the audio interface (focusrite 18i20 version 1) still the same, I have tried on numerous occasions to reinstall the program but every time it just comes back up with the last project, so clearly it is not fully uninstalling, all of these issues seemed to start after I installed some Waves plugins, I am getting to the point where I am thinking of just uninstalling Reaper and looking for another DAW as I cannot see how to fix this now? Any ideas please? Computer set up is a HP laptop running latest Windows 10

Cheers
Roger
Roger2611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:05 AM   #2
Coachz

Do file open project and click the checkbox on bottom to disable plugins. This way you can load the project and find which plugin needs to be uninstalled or reinstalled.

Coachz Repo
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:15 AM   #3
Roger2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Do file open project and click the checkbox on bottom to disable plugins. This way you can load the project and find which plugin needs to be uninstalled or reinstalled.
Thank you, I managed to get into the Reaper files and deleted everything including the plugins folder from there, then did a full uninstall from the laptop and managed to get a fresh install (which even asked me to import the licence again) it appears I have a fresh install and even the previous projects will open and play normally! Interestingly when opening the old projects I haven't yet found a plugin that is not working!
Roger2611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:55 AM   #4
ivansc

It doesnt have to be a dodgy plugin necessarily.
In my early days with reaper, I would accidentally change something in the setup that caused reaper to crash & then spend ages scratching my head and wondering what I did wrong, so don`t feel like you are alone here! :d