Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-13-2017, 12:39 AM   #121
Gianfini
Human being with feelings

Default little bug + feat request

Hi,

BUG: if you paste color HEX code while in HSL mode, it doesn't work. Nothing happens.

FR: could we have value fields close to RGB (and HSL) where I can key in the precise value in decimal system? (e.g. 255, 160, 160 for RGB pink). They could always be visible or an input box could pop up on CTRL-Click or RGB or HSL bars.

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:21 AM   #122
amagalma

Bug fixed! Thanks for reporting!

Updated version should be available via ReaPack some time later..

If you prefer to enter values by typing, then consider switching to the Compact (No Sliders) mode. You can do it by editing a word inside the script.

Then the default Windows/OSX color management window opens

Old 04-13-2017, 06:27 AM   #123
amagalma

UPDATE

* v2.02 (2017-04-13)
+ bugfix: entering Hex codes when in HSL mode was not working
Old 04-13-2017, 06:55 AM   #124
Gianfini

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Bug fixed! Thanks for reporting!

Updated version should be available via ReaPack some time later..

If you prefer to enter values by typing, then consider switching to the Compact (No Sliders) mode. You can do it by editing a word inside the script.

Then the default Windows/OSX color management window opens
Well... I did change the word. Now it opens with no sliders, but I don't understand how to tweak colors now.. how do I open the default Windows color management from here?

thanks for the bug fixing btw

EDIT: I FOUND THE WAY I have to right click on GET COLOR... now can I ask to keep this option (right clicking on get color to use the default color management) active also when sliders are visible in non-compact mode?

EDIT2: I did the mod myself, at line 1147 I changed this way. Now it always work that Right Click on get color set the color with standard color manager:

-----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
g

Last edited by Gianfini; 04-13-2017 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #125
Gianfini

Default Addons

Small addons to this beautiful tool

First file are several palettes that I put together starting from various SWS and other sources: place them into the Reanoir directory and load them via Reanoir

Second file is a modification of original script (called version 2.02g) that adds the feature to SAVE SWS FILES (it uses the first 16 color boxes of reanoir + 17 and 24 as color gradient start and end) through right click of top left button.

Dunno how to put it in Reapack... I'll leave it to Amalgama if he has time

g
Attached Files
File Type: zip Color Palette.zip (5.0 KB, 669 views)
File Type: lua amagalma_ReaNoir track-item-take coloring utility gianf.lua (82.5 KB, 330 views)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #126
amagalma

Oh, thanks so much Gianfini for your work! I am going to check it and upload it a bit later!
Old 06-20-2017, 05:47 AM   #127
amagalma

Reanoir updated to v2.03 with Gianfini's addition. Thank you Gianfini!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #128
amagalma

* v2.04 (2017-06-20)
+ Ctrl-clicking on Darker/Brighter buttons creates shaded/tinted gradient colors
Old 06-13-2018, 06:12 AM   #129
farjedi

Thanks for this, I have loaded ReaPack and tried for the first time.

I got a problem I hit the '?' button and have no way to close the pop up. In fact Reaper is completely locked with no means of force quitting other than force quitting the entire computer. The info text goes beyond my screen so I don't know if there is a close button below.

I've been trying to look on the net for answers but everything I try results in a alarm 'you can't do that' sound.

It might be something really easy and I'm being a plank, but thought I'd let you know.
farjedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:51 PM   #130
Gianfini

Quote:
Originally Posted by farjedi View Post
Thanks for this, I have loaded ReaPack and tried for the first time.

I got a problem I hit the '?' button and have no way to close the pop up. In fact Reaper is completely locked with no means of force quitting other than force quitting the entire computer. The info text goes beyond my screen so I don't know if there is a close button below.

I've been trying to look on the net for answers but everything I try results in a alarm 'you can't do that' sound.

It might be something really easy and I'm being a plank, but thought I'd let you know.
No problem here at all. The help window is very tall, maybe the bottom part with the OK button gets out of the screen? Just press ESC to close the pop up window
Old 06-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #131
farjedi

Yes that was the problem but it completely locked me out from doing anything in Reaper, esc didn't close the window for me.

I now know not to press that button!
farjedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #132
xpander

Very nice coloring tool, thanks to everybody who has been contributing to this. Unfortunately setting/getting the default color doesn't seem to work quite like expected.

If there is a selected take or item, right-clicking the big box will change the take/item to the given track color, not to the default color. Expected behavior would be for the selected items/takes getting the default color, not the track color.

If the selection is on track, both the track and every item which had the same color as the track gets the default color (track/items/selected take). Expected behavior would be only for the track getting the default color. However, if both the track and all the items have been selected, they all get the default color, which I consider correct behavior.

When the selection is on take/item, Get Color will get that color and display it on the big box, even if the color is the default (#7F7F7F). But when the selection is on the track which has been set to the default color, Get Color will display black (#000000).
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:36 PM   #133
Gianfini

If I understand what you mean, it's nothing to do with ReaNoir... just go to Reaper Options, under Appearance and Peaks/Waveforms and untick "Tint media item wafevor peaks to: TRACK COLOR" and same for "Tint media item background to: TRACK COLOR" (ONLY THE FIRST TICK)

Otherwise item color defaults to Track Color when no other specific color is selected for the item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Very nice coloring tool, thanks to everybody who has been contributing to this. Unfortunately setting/getting the default color doesn't seem to work quite like expected.

If there is a selected take or item, right-clicking the big box will change the take/item to the given track color, not to the default color. Expected behavior would be for the selected items/takes getting the default color, not the track color.

If the selection is on track, both the track and every item which had the same color as the track gets the default color (track/items/selected take). Expected behavior would be only for the track getting the default color. However, if both the track and all the items have been selected, they all get the default color, which I consider correct behavior.

When the selection is on take/item, Get Color will get that color and display it on the big box, even if the color is the default (#7F7F7F). But when the selection is on the track which has been set to the default color, Get Color will display black (#000000).
Old 07-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #134
Lokasenna

Also be aware that v5 themes can lock out some of the tinting options.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #135
xpander

Thanks for the responses fellows. I have several custom actions and some scripts to help setting default and custom colors to everything in a project basically any way I want to. I have added some of these to a modified Colour Swatch tool (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=156339 ), but wanted to see how ReaNoir works in this regard. There I noticed a problem with the default color actions, but now after further studies, I realized it is not a ReaNoir problem. I apologize for the extra check, but thanks for doing it Gianfini. And thanks Lokasenna, your tip about the tinting options guided me to the real cause of my confusion.

It seems to be my misunderstanding of how the two default color actions work, namely; Item: Set to default color and Track: Set to default color. Maybe I had been lucky with these actions, related settings and themes earlier, or maybe something did change at some point and I just missed it. At any rate, here are my thoughts about this if anybody is interested.

---

Track: Set to default color

A) sets the track panel and all the items on the given track to the default color if only Tint media item background to Track color is selected in Appearance/Peaks waveforms.

B) sets only the track panel to the default color if Tint media item background to Item color is selected.

C) sets only the track panel to the default color if both Tint media item background to Track color and Tint media item background to Item color are selected, same result as b).

All this seems reasonable to me. Track (panel) gets the default color regardless of the Media item background setting, it is a track default color action after all. If Tint media item background to Item color is not selected, items will follow the track color, in this case getting the default color. If Tint media item background to Item color is selected, media items will keep their own custom colors (if any) and will not get set to the default color.

Item: Set to default color

A) sets the selected items to the track (panel) color if only Tint media item background to Track color is selected in Appearance/Peaks waveforms.

B) sets the selected items to the default color if only Tint media item background to Item color is selected.

C) sets the selected items to the track (panel) color if both Tint media item background to Track color and Tint media item background to Item color are selected.

I can understand A); since Item color is not selected in options, Track color will override, so items will get the track color instead of the default color.
B) is fine. Item color is selected in options, so it will override the track color and items will get the default color in this case.
C) I think this should work like with the Track: Set to default color action where if both options are selected, media items will keep their custom colors. In this case that would mean items getting the default color, like this action is trying to call.

---

So the problem here is that the default color actions seem to follow the tinting option hierarchy, but only partially. If both actions would follow the same hierarchy, we would get not only the possibility to set independent colors for both the tracks and items like we already do, but also being able to set them to default colors with the same rules (tinting options). Personally I wouldn't mind if both of these actions would work totally independently, but if they must follow the custom color options, they could at least follow the same rules. Any thoughts about that?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:29 AM   #136
Thonex

Thanks for such a wonderful script! Truly very useful!

1 simple feature request (I think it's simple enough to implement):

FR: Intelligently color both Tracks and Items when both are selected in project.

Right now, depending on the Reaper focus (so it would seem) only one option is available at a time, either Tracks or Items.

What if you had a Boolean where if both Num_Selected_Items > 0 and Num_Selected_Tracks >0 then color both tracks and items?

Right now (unless I'm missing something) if I want to color the tracks to the same color, I have to do 2 operations... one for each.

No?

Last edited by Thonex; 09-28-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Thonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:47 PM   #137
amagalma

Why would one need to do that? If the items have the default color (which is to say, they don't have a custom color) then they get the color of the track..

The colors in Reaper follow this hierarchy: Take > Item > Track
Old 10-05-2018, 07:09 AM   #138
lexaproductions

Hey Amagalma,
Thanks for this beautiful script.

Small crash problem: When I try to load an SWSColor file, I get this error:

Code:
...us/amagalma_Reanoir track-item-take coloring utility.lua:1048: attempt to
perform bitwise operation on a nil value (local'RGB')
You have an idea on what I'm doing wrong?

2 other things:
1- I don't understand what the "Get Color" button is suppose to do? Isn't it suppose to get the selected track-item's color?
2- Any way to not have the "LD/SV SWS" - "SWS Colors" coliding one into another?
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:14 AM   #139
amagalma

Hello!

Could you send me your SWSColor file? The script crashes if the file is not a valid SWSColor file. I could make it check first for validity to avoid the crash.

1) The Get Color button gets the selected color (depending on context) and loads it to the Big Color box on top of ReaNoir.
2) I am on Windows and they do not collide here. Maybe it is a Mac issue or maybe you have scaled your OS fonts to more than 100%. As a workaround for you:
- go to line 1023 and change "SWS Colors" to something smaller, like "manage"
- go to line 1037 and change "LD/SV SWS" to something smaller, like "SWS"
Old 10-06-2018, 07:10 AM   #140
lexaproductions

This is my SWScolor file

I will edit the script

The Get Color does not work for me. I never selects the currently selected color.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:29 AM   #141
amagalma

Can you please attach the color file?

Could you make a licecap showing how you use the Get Color?

Is anyone else having the same problem?
Old 10-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #142
JamesPeters

Using Windows 7, it works properly for me. No problem loading from SWSColor files, "get color" works as intented.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:39 AM   #143
Thonex

Hi amagalma,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thonex
Thanks for such a wonderful script! Truly very useful!

1 simple feature request (I think it's simple enough to implement):

FR: Intelligently color both Tracks and Items when both are selected in project.
Quote:
Why would one need to do that? If the items have the default color (which is to say, they don't have a custom color) then they get the color of the track..

The colors in Reaper follow this hierarchy: Take > Item > Track
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear... so I'm attaching an animated GIF below. And please understand that I love your script... and am very appreciative for your hard work. I just wish I was able to color both Tracks and Items at once. Like Loka said, it may be a theme limitation? Anyway... below is a GIF to show what I mean. There seems to be no way to get both tracks and items (or takes) to be colored in 1 shot.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #144
amagalma

That is because they already have a custom color. Choose those items and then right-click on the big color box of the script. Now they will have the default color and will follow whatever color you choose for the track.

See:
Old 10-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #145
Thonex

Quote:
That is because they already have a custom color. Choose those items and then right-click on the big color box of the script. Now they will have the default color and will follow whatever color you choose for the track.
Ahh.... thanks for the helpful response. Brilliant.

Cheers!
Old 10-11-2018, 12:04 PM   #146
amagalma

You are welcome!

I generally try to avoid giving custom colors to items, so that they follow the track's color. I only use custom colors for items that I want to be colored differently in a track. For example: track is brown , all items are brown (default color), one item is red because I have something to fix there.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #147
JamesPeters

I found a bug in version 2.05, although it might only affect Linux users (or it may be a bug in Reaper for Linux). I'm using Reaper for Linux.

Sometimes "get color" gets the wrong color from a track. It doesn't seem to be getting the color from an adjacent track/item, and it's not getting a color from the palette (or any other palette that I have saved in the ReaNoir directory).

The problem doesn't affect getting color from items or takes. Also it always "gives" the correct color to any track, item or take (the problem is limited to "get color from track", specifically). It doesn't matter what theme I use, and whether I'm using a custom libswell.colortheme (something you can do in Linux to customize the otherwise "non-themeable" parts of the UI).

Perhaps this is related: I had also noticed that SWS Autocolor did something weird when I first tried it in Reaper for Linux. When I'd backed up my files (including the ones for SWS Autocolor) from my Windows install, then migrated to Linux and imported, the SWS Autocolor colors were a bit different. Most of them were pretty close, though. Since then I hadn't noticed anything unusual, until I loaded ReaNoir and it wouldn't work consistently for "get color".

Last edited by JamesPeters; 10-19-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #148
amagalma

I can't test on Linux, but I'll have a look at the code to see if there might be something wrong.. Just to make sure: "Get color" works correctly for items and takes but not for tracks, right?
Old 10-18-2018, 06:23 PM   #149
JamesPeters

Quote:
I can't test on Linux, but I'll have a look at the code to see if there might be something wrong.. Just to make sure: "Get color" works correctly for items and takes but not for tracks, right?
That's correct.

I also tried closing ReaNoir and starting it again, but it had no effect.

I figured you weren't using Linux. Even if you can't resolve this, at least it's still functional for quickly coloring tracks based on the color palette that's loaded (plus it's still possible to get colors from items, which can then be used to color tracks correctly).
Old 10-19-2018, 02:53 AM   #150
amagalma

Please, check if this version fixes the problem. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2018, 03:03 AM   #151
JamesPeters

That new version works perfectly, thanks!
Old 10-19-2018, 03:27 AM   #152
amagalma

Nice!

v2.06 is up in ReaPack

* Changelog:
* v2.06 (2018-10-19)
+ fix Get Color for tracks

Last edited by amagalma; 10-19-2018 at 03:32 AM.
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:31 PM   #153
_jon

Thanks for this great script!

Is there any way to make it auto-save the current palette on "terminate"? I sometimes forget to manually save changes and then I hit my C button closing the script and my changes are lost.
_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #154
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jon View Post
Thanks for this great script!

Is there any way to make it auto-save the current palette on "terminate"? I sometimes forget to manually save changes and then I hit my C button closing the script and my changes are lost.

Changes are never lost. Just load "last_palette_on_exit.txt".

v2.07 (2018-11-16)
+ do not let ReaNoir window to be resized
Old 11-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #155
_jon

Quote:
Changes are never lost. Just load "last_palette_on_exit.txt".
This works on a "clean" exit but not with the "Terminate Script" exit that I'd like to do with one button bound to load or terminate the script. It's not a big deal to hit ESC instead of C, but just something to be aware of. Hitting C again indeed loses changes and they're not saved to that txt file.
_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #156
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jon View Post
This works on a "clean" exit but not with the "Terminate Script" exit that I'd like to do with one button bound to load or terminate the script. It's not a big deal to hit ESC instead of C, but just something to be aware of. Hitting C again indeed loses changes and they're not saved to that txt file.

I see what you mean. Thanks! v2.08 should fix that

* Changelog:
* v2.08 (2018-11-20)
+ automatically backup to "last_palette_on_exit.txt" every time the palette changes
Old 11-24-2018, 11:07 AM   #157
AugerJ

Hi. Having troubles docking the window:
it either doesn't dock at all
or docks and immediately starts to flicker (blink) constantly.

I've managed to catch the moment to right-click (to undock it), but... well, I think it's not how it's supposed to behave, is it?
)

v2.09
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:02 PM   #158
amagalma

Maybe it is because of the "pin on top" I added in v2.09.. Revert to v2.08 at the time being.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #159
AugerJ

I started with v2.09.
Turns out, v2.06 docks fine. (And none of the v2.07—2.09.)

Thanks, by the way )
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:54 AM   #160
Gianfini

Openingn 2.09 takes out the focus from Reaper, If I remember well up to 2.08 it didn't

This means you could open and close Reanoir window hitting the assigned key stroke (with terminate option on). Now you need to refocus Reaper before doing anything

g