Old 10-01-2021, 06:30 AM   #1
Tig's
Human being with feelings

Default Ayao

Sooooo after the constructive comments regarding Devon Roots, I went to see Zion Train at the pub. Had an awesome night and a two day hangover .
However I got inspired during the week and made this, taking into account as much of what I could from you guys.

As always, all comments welcome and required for growth!

https://soundcloud.com/tim-wheeler-7...104a9ff01e3bb4

Tim
Tig's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 12:05 PM   #2
ggrey

Hi Tim, love where you are going here. My 2 cents: Add a unique chorus type change a couple of times through the song to break up the main riff so that the listener "feels the change" and then is glad to get back to the main riff. I would also turn up the bass just under the volume of the main organ riff to give it a more prominent place in the presentation. Keep going...cool stuff and feel. You nailed that part. Happy recording!
ggrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:15 AM   #3
Tig's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrey View Post
Hi Tim, love where you are going here. My 2 cents: Add a unique chorus type change a couple of times through the song to break up the main riff so that the listener "feels the change" and then is glad to get back to the main riff. I would also turn up the bass just under the volume of the main organ riff to give it a more prominent place in the presentation. Keep going...cool stuff and feel. You nailed that part. Happy recording!
Thanks, that's a relief, I'm getting there at least. I looked at some Dolly Parton to see how she does it and I see your point now. Just makes it more interesting and gives a listener sumit to hold on to.

Its funny breaking out of pure instinctual/emotive writing to a format, and even further, develop a style around it.

Thanks for your support , its making a difference.
Tim
Tig's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #4
41TWIN

I liked it a lot. My head was bobbing. The bass was almost a bit too bassy for me. But even at that it had a cool sound. The keyboard sound of the solo at like 1:30 was it? Really good. I liked that a lot.

I would've thought it was much more interesting if you would've had some lyrics. The feel of the song went right along with your experience of watching a band and then having a hangover. I mean that right there is enough to start some lyrics. Would make for an interesting story to go along with the music.

For me a song is the story. Although some instrumentals are compelling.
41TWIN is offline   Reply With Quote