Old 03-18-2020, 07:08 PM   #161
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Default Plugin windows open centered over mouse cursor?

Hey n0ne. Love the colour addition - really makes a difference for efficient usability. Thank you.

I'd love to have an option in settings to incorporate this action (or something similar) into your script -

SWS/BR: Move active floating track FX window to mouse cursor (horizontal: middle, vertical: middle)

This would mean that any floating plugin window always opens centered over the mouse cursor. I tried attaching that script to yours in a custom action but it doesn't work, I'm assuming it tries to move the window immediately after opening your script, rather than after the plugin is selected. I'm guessing it's something that would have to be coded in at your end so that it happens after the plugin is selected.

Obviously if it's a pain in the ass then no worries, but for anyone with a multimonitor setup it really makes a big difference to have plugin windows always float at your mouse cursor, it's one of the things that first drew me to Reaper actually.

Also, I think I mentioned this before but I couldn't find the post so I'm mentioning it again just in case - when this script is docked the search field doesn't take keyboard focus like it should, you have to open the script then click in the search field first. There are other scripts that have this issue, but I'm also sure I've used some that don't, so I'm hoping that you (or some other smart scripter here) might know of a way to remedy this and make your script take keyboard focus correctly when docked, as I'd really love to have your script docked but this issue stops me from doing it.

Don't see a link for donation - do you have one?
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #162
Thonex

Fantastic work!
Thonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:39 AM   #163
Gianfini

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ne View Post
Yes, you can use the tags, @chain for example
Great! Maybe a small "user manual" accessible via F1 coukd be of help!

G
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:34 AM   #164
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Hey n0ne. Love the colour addition - really makes a difference for efficient usability. Thank you.

I'd love to have an option in settings to incorporate this action (or something similar) into your script -

SWS/BR: Move active floating track FX window to mouse cursor (horizontal: middle, vertical: middle)

This would mean that any floating plugin window always opens centered over the mouse cursor. I tried attaching that script to yours in a custom action but it doesn't work, I'm assuming it tries to move the window immediately after opening your script, rather than after the plugin is selected. I'm guessing it's something that would have to be coded in at your end so that it happens after the plugin is selected.

Obviously if it's a pain in the ass then no worries, but for anyone with a multimonitor setup it really makes a big difference to have plugin windows always float at your mouse cursor, it's one of the things that first drew me to Reaper actually.

Also, I think I mentioned this before but I couldn't find the post so I'm mentioning it again just in case - when this script is docked the search field doesn't take keyboard focus like it should, you have to open the script then click in the search field first. There are other scripts that have this issue, but I'm also sure I've used some that don't, so I'm hoping that you (or some other smart scripter here) might know of a way to remedy this and make your script take keyboard focus correctly when docked, as I'd really love to have your script docked but this issue stops me from doing it.

Don't see a link for donation - do you have one?
That's a great idea! Maybe it should be in the form of a user settable (custom) action that can be run after an insert. And who know, maybe also before so a new track could be added and selected . This way everybody can create their own way. I'll look at that soon!
n0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:03 AM   #165
AlexLazer

Sorry, bad english, stupid question. How hide all AU plugins in the script. (on mac)
AlexLazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:06 AM   #166
bamsehopp

This along with fxlist is easily my most used scripts! Really great work! One question i have is that there seems to be old plugins deleted from my directory and not visible in the regular fx browser that still show up in the script, is there a way to delete the cache of the script or something like that? Re-installing the script doesn't help. thanks a bunch
bamsehopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:21 AM   #167
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLazer View Post
Sorry, bad english, stupid question. How hide all AU plugins in the script. (on mac)
Put this in you settings.ini:
load_au=false
Old 03-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #168
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsehopp View Post
This along with fxlist is easily my most used scripts! Really great work! One question i have is that there seems to be old plugins deleted from my directory and not visible in the regular fx browser that still show up in the script, is there a way to delete the cache of the script or something like that? Re-installing the script doesn't help. thanks a bunch
That's strange! Could you double check for me that these entries that you are still seeing in the FX Finder are not in your vst_ini_file (=reaper-vstplugins64.ini) ?
Old 03-28-2020, 04:53 AM   #169
bamsehopp

Quote:
That's strange! Could you double check for me that these entries that you are still seeing in the FX Finder are not in your vst_ini_file (=reaper-vstplugins64.ini) ?

I found several old plugins in the reaper-auplugins64.ini file! I deleted them from the list there and now its gone! Thanks a lot! Strange that they remained in that reaper file even after deleting the cache and scanning for new ones in reaper.
bamsehopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:51 PM   #170
Daodan

Default Problem with keyboard focus when docked

Hi! First of all, thanks for this great tool. Second, sorry for my english.
I find that script doesn't get keyboard focus when docked AND when there is no more opened tabs in docker.For example, when you have Media Browser opened in docker and than run FastFxFinder in same docker, everything works well. But if you close Media Browser and FastFxFinder,than run fastFxFinder again and try to type in something, reaper dont get focus to script.
Regular reaper fx browser get focus normally, but yours is cooler)
Is it possible to fix?

Last edited by Daodan; 03-31-2020 at 12:52 PM. Reason: lost word
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM   #171
Buy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator31 View Post
n0ne_Fast FX Finder.lua:89: cannot open file '/Users/****/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-vstplugins64.ini' (No such file or directory)

My system is an old mac running at 32bit. I guess I haven't got the missing .ini file because I don't run 64bit plug-ins. I'm hoping this is something that can be fixed,
Quote:
Hi cr3!,

You can change the name of your reaper plugins file in the settings file that comes with the script (REAPER/scripts/n0ne scripts/Various/Fast FX Finder/). I'm assuming the file for 32 bit plugins would be called "reaper-vstplugins.ini". Let me know if that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator31 View Post

Yep, that worked. Thank you.
Thank you for the script, n0ne

4 questions

1. Regarding the exchange above with creator31, is there a setting in the main file code responsible for outputting the name reaper-vstplugins64.ini in the fx-finder-settings.ini file which could be changed to avoid this error on 32 bit systems?

2. How to change the font properties both for the search field and for the list? I've scoured the entire thread but haven't found a reference.

3. How is the list updated? Does fx-finder-data.ini file have to be deleted to update it with new resources?

4. Would it be possible to add the ability of selecting text in the search field with mouse cursor for easy removal and editing? Deleting with backspace is pretty slow, at least here.

Last edited by Buy One; Yesterday at 10:15 AM.
Buy One is online now   Reply With Quote