Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-22-2023, 09:26 PM   #1241
PMan
Human being with feelings

Hey Saike!

I'm getting a strange bug in Transience...
The audio is working, but no GUI. Instead of the GUI, there is text that says:
Code:
@gfx:453: 'title_desc' undefuned: '<!> title_desc("Transience", "Transience shaper");
The GUI used to work...

Edit:
Very strange...
All of your other plugs work fine. And
In several other projects, I get the bug, but not always. It's like certain tracks "work", others don't.
Very strange indeed

Edit2:
A couple more tests:
- In an existing project, most tracks show the error. One track, with lots of plugins in it, does not.
- In the same existing project, I added a new track with no plugins, it showed the error.
- In a new project, I added a track with no other plugins, it did not show the error
A clue: I use LBX Stripper https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=269153
- In a new project, I add a new track and add Transience via the 'Stripper' interface - it displays the error.

I have been using both Stripper and Transience for a very long time without issue. I hope this is not hard to diagnose. I can create a small project file and PM it to you if that would help.

Last edited by PMan; 04-22-2023 at 10:00 PM.
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:08 PM   #1242
PMan

Default Figured it out

I don't understand how this happened, but...

The stripper interface adds a plugin called Transcience-GUI (or maybe GUI-Transience...)

That produces audio, and the error instead of the GUI. I have no idea how that happened....

I'm going to go back and check projects where the error is displayed, and check the name of the plugin. No more posts tonight.
Old 04-23-2023, 04:20 AM   #1243
juan_r

@Saike, Partials is even more rocking than it used to be. Thank you! One suggestion: the tooltips could be set in a slightly larger font. Squinting only goes so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
The inharmonicity visualization of partials is phenomenal! You made the background layers still visible. Great. Not sure which trick allows this. Maybe some human eye-brain hacking trick?
Not sure what you mean, @TonE. Can you link a screenshot or point me to where these layers are visible?
Old 04-23-2023, 07:52 AM   #1244
TonE

Dear juan_r, I just mean the visualization below, nothing special. If you play with inharmonicity parameter (also with other parameters) you will see the 3D spectrum visualization changing, so if some spectral-time components are overlapping, you can still see its background kind of, because saike uses a specific 'dirac style vertical lines' per amplitude, without any 2D area painting. I guess this does the trick of 3D background view. Our brain is capable of recognizing the right patterns...
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 12:46 PM   #1245
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMan View Post
Hey Saike!

I'm getting a strange bug in Transience...
The audio is working, but no GUI. Instead of the GUI, there is text that says:
Code:
@gfx:453: 'title_desc' undefuned: '<!> title_desc("Transience", "Transience shaper");
The GUI used to work...

Edit:
Very strange...
All of your other plugs work fine. And
In several other projects, I get the bug, but not always. It's like certain tracks "work", others don't.
Very strange indeed

Edit2:
A couple more tests:
- In an existing project, most tracks show the error. One track, with lots of plugins in it, does not.
- In the same existing project, I added a new track with no plugins, it showed the error.
- In a new project, I added a track with no other plugins, it did not show the error
A clue: I use LBX Stripper https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=269153
- In a new project, I add a new track and add Transience via the 'Stripper' interface - it displays the error.

I have been using both Stripper and Transience for a very long time without issue. I hope this is not hard to diagnose. I can create a small project file and PM it to you if that would help.
Hmm curious. I haven't touched the transient shaper since February 2021.

I personally don't use the stripper, so I don't know how much I can help. Does it happen consistently on some projects? By consistently I mean, (almost) every time? It would be good to try and find out the preconditions needed to reproduce it.

Can you send me the file the stripper generates? Is it possible it's related to loading multiple instances of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
@Saike, Partials is even more rocking than it used to be. Thank you! One suggestion: the tooltips could be set in a slightly larger font. Squinting only goes so far
Old 04-25-2023, 03:00 PM   #1246
juan_r

Thanks, Saike! I updated Partials and found the tooltips are now 100% readable. I have a 2-channel thank you track for you.

(Thanks, Saike! I'm juan_r's right eye.)
(Thanks, Saike! I'm juan_r's left eye.)

Some time ago, you asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
I do have to admit that Partials can be very hit or miss. It's definitely a more difficult beast to tame than Yutani. In my limited use of it so far, I think it's good for fragile sounds. Not so good at powerful ones. I'm curious, for the people who are using partials, how are you using it?
I replied that one of my favorite ways to use Partials is as a "soft vocoder" that resonates with the audio without strictly imposing a note in the manner of vocoders or autotune & co.

Here are a few example snippets.

cellovoice-(Em-pentatonic) https://voca.ro/16qJWkz7qH5I

cellovoice-(Gm) https://voca.ro/17fbhYl0AZNC

cellovoice-low-(Am) https://voca.ro/1oEcmRa4uyuN

I think I started doing this with Modal (that's Partials when she was a kid)

I love the way Partials lets glissandos pass through without quantizing the pitch.

Does anyone have tips to help program sounds that are similar to these examples in that they resonate and strongly emphasize some frequencies/notes - but without totally killing the others? This way, the result never sounds mechanic and keeps a strong human vibe.

By the way, can Partials make use of sustain CC messages? Apart from simply sustaining synth sounds, which is the normal, legit use that comes to mind first, the sustain pedal can be useful when I input several notes for the resonator to perform its magic and I want to hold the notes with my hands free, or add more notes to them one at a time.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:48 AM   #1247
Starshine

I was about to have a meltdown over not being able to figure out MIDI stuff in JSFX (I have several JSFX specific use cases), but then I found your library code. I am saved! I thought I was going crazy but it looks like it's all real and legitimately needing, well, 1337 h4(k0r skillz; I chuckled:

Quote:
notePtr[] = -1337; // Signal end of note buffer
But this one is an absolute delight! Witness the ultimate power of combined Heximal and Decimate!

Quote:
notePtr[] = (((msg3 << 8) | msg2) - 0x4000)/16384;
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:15 AM   #1248
PMan

Hey Saike!

Sorry for the delayed response (tho I did post what I found to be the issue...) Short story, the problem was 100% my setup.

Here is the long story:

There is a "Transience-GUI" jsfx in my effects folder. It's *not* the original, bona-fied Saike version... For some reason, when I setup stripper, I used the "Transience-GUI" version. It must have worked, cause it's been setup that way, and I used it - ofter. I'm guessing that at some point - either in the evolution of my rig, or of Reaper, Transience-GUI got broken. The bona-fied Saike Transience is working fine. I did a quick mod of my stripper setup to point to the Saike version, and all is well.

As always, thank you for the amazing code!!!
Old 05-02-2023, 12:11 PM   #1249
mixer9

Default Midi Arp?

Sorry for the newb question, but I just found Saike Midi Arp, and wondering if there is a manual? Can't even figure out copy and paste :/ Thanks.
mixer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 01:12 PM   #1250
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMan View Post
Hey Saike!

Sorry for the delayed response (tho I did post what I found to be the issue...) Short story, the problem was 100% my setup.

Here is the long story:

There is a "Transience-GUI" jsfx in my effects folder. It's *not* the original, bona-fied Saike version... For some reason, when I setup stripper, I used the "Transience-GUI" version. It must have worked, cause it's been setup that way, and I used it - ofter. I'm guessing that at some point - either in the evolution of my rig, or of Reaper, Transience-GUI got broken. The bona-fied Saike Transience is working fine. I did a quick mod of my stripper setup to point to the Saike version, and all is well.

As always, thank you for the amazing code!!!
Glad you managed to solve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer9 View Post
Sorry for the newb question, but I just found Saike Midi Arp, and wondering if there is a manual? Can't even figure out copy and paste :/ Thanks.
Unfortunately, there's no manual, but hovering over the pattern should give you a tooltip with instructions. Anyways, copy paste is:

1. SHIFT + LEFT MOUSE BUTTON + DRAG to select a block.
2. SHIFT + RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON to copy it.
3. SHIFT + RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON somewhere else to paste it.

Note that the clipboard only works within the JSFX. You can't copy patterns to outside of the plugin (or other instances of the plugin for that matter).
Old 05-02-2023, 02:44 PM   #1251
mixer9

Quote:
Unfortunately, there's no manual, but hovering over the pattern should give you a tooltip with instructions. Anyways, copy paste is:

1. SHIFT + LEFT MOUSE BUTTON + DRAG to select a block.
2. SHIFT + RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON to copy it.
3. SHIFT + RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON somewhere else to paste it.

Note that the clipboard only works within the JSFX. You can't copy patterns to outside of the plugin (or other instances of the plugin for that matter).
Doh! I see that multi-select must drag over and touch each block it's not an area/marquee select.

Got it. Thanks!
mixer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 05:48 AM   #1252
fotisandstuff

Hey, Saike! The "Panned Ice" button on Swellotron seems to be broken. Could you please look into it? Thanks!
fotisandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:28 AM   #1253
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotisandstuff View Post
Hey, Saike! The "Panned Ice" button on Swellotron seems to be broken. Could you please look into it? Thanks!
Fixed! Good catch! Thanks for the report!
Old 05-20-2023, 06:05 AM   #1254
juan_r

Hello Saike, my latest message contained a thank you and a few out-of-context audio snippets as examples of my use.

There was also a request that probably went unnoticed. I'm supposing it was because there was no comment from you. Here it is again, just in case.

Quote:
By the way, can Partials make use of sustain CC messages? Apart from simply sustaining synth sounds, which is the normal, legit use that comes to mind first, the sustain pedal can be useful when I input several notes for the resonator to perform its magic and I want to hold the notes with my hands free, or add more notes to them one at a time.
Old 05-20-2023, 08:14 AM   #1255
fotisandstuff

Quote:
Fixed! Good catch! Thanks for the report!
Awesome, thank you!!!
fotisandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 08:22 AM   #1256
sai'ke

Quote:
Hello Saike, my latest message contained a thank you and a few out-of-context audio snippets as examples of my use.

There was also a request that probably went unnoticed. I'm supposing it was because there was no comment from you. Here it is again, just in case.
Sorry, yes. It's been a bit hectic on my side, so I might have looked and immediately forgotten about it again. Added sustain support to Partials and Yutani just now.

In other news, for people who use DuskVerb, I'd recommend updating. There was a bug in there that made it run out of grains (and use excessive cpu) if you paused playback on a beat. This is fixed now.
Old 05-20-2023, 08:36 AM   #1257
juan_r

Quote:
Sorry, yes. It's been a bit hectic on my side, so I might have looked and immediately forgotten about it again. Added sustain support to Partials and Yutani just now.
Hectic or not, once you notice your reaction times are impressive.

In other words: If you were a sound card, you'd have like 0.5-1.0 ms of latency!

(This is just a silly way to say THANKS.)
Old 05-21-2023, 05:29 AM   #1258
TonE

soundcard with 0.001 ms latency, with 1000 stereo inputs and outputs.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:07 AM   #1259
Alez156

Default You are amazing!

Thank you so much, Saike! I've been using your plugins more and more these days, I'm super grateful for the work you've done.

Do you take donations?
I can't find a way to donate or send people to donate to you.
Please let me know.

I've made three demos of your plugins btw 💙

Lava Reverb → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56yRgGmM-Qs
Ravager → https://www.reapertips.com/post/js-r...ard-compressor
Nostalgizer → https://www.reapertips.com/post/js-nostalgizer
Old 06-07-2023, 03:50 PM   #1260
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alez156 View Post
Thank you so much, Saike! I've been using your plugins more and more these days, I'm super grateful for the work you've done.

Do you take donations?
I can't find a way to donate or send people to donate to you.
Please let me know.

I've made three demos of your plugins btw 💙

Lava Reverb → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56yRgGmM-Qs
Ravager → https://www.reapertips.com/post/js-r...ard-compressor
Nostalgizer → https://www.reapertips.com/post/js-nostalgizer
Oh man, I hadn't seen the one you had done for lava verb yet. Awesome! Thank you!
I really enjoyed the other two too.

I don't have any donations link up at the moment, but I do appreciate the great videos you've made showcasing the plugins. That's donation enough.

I actually meant to reply on your reapertips page the other day. I was wondering, can I link your videos from my GitHub JSFX page? I think they showcase the plugins really well. If so, would you prefer if I link the reapertips page or the youtube links directly?
Old 06-07-2023, 07:30 PM   #1261
Alez156

Quote:
Oh man, I hadn't seen the one you had done for lava verb yet. Awesome! Thank you!
I really enjoyed the other two too.

I don't have any donations link up at the moment, but I do appreciate the great videos you've made showcasing the plugins. That's donation enough.

I actually meant to reply on your reapertips page the other day. I was wondering, can I link your videos from my GitHub JSFX page? I think they showcase the plugins really well. If so, would you prefer if I link the reapertips page or the youtube links directly?
ooow. I'm so happy you liked them! I've been meaning to post on this thread for so long but I kept forgetting hahaha.

Yes pleaseee. You deserve all the support 🥹

I am okay with either embedding the youtube video or linking the reapertips article. Whatever is better for you~
I think youtube embed would be nice as it wouldn't take people away from the page.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:34 PM   #1262
juan_r

Warning: shameless post. Starting from an innocent-looking, specific technical question, it develops into a request for help disguised as a dream.

What's the best way to save a Partials preset with some MIDI notes "stickied" in the onboard keyboard?

For example, my favorite preset "Guitar-like [Audio input]" has an Am chord (A C E C E) pre-played, so to say: It glows in the onboard keyboard. I would like to try different combinations, for example a cluster of all 12 pitches in an octave, so all notes have a fair chance to resonate depending on the material. Sonically, doing so kind of re-synthesizes the input signal rather than vocoding it. How can I create and save such a personalized preset?

The best for my use case (live performance with a mic and fx) would be to be able to freeze the keyboard state while playing it, embedding the new "glowing notes" in the current preset edit buffer. There should be a way to reset the notes, too. Suggestions for live user input: a MIDI controller (a couple: freeze/unfreeze?), a button on the GUI.

I'm dreaming of a special "toggle freeze/unfreeze" programmed mode for the sustain pedal, where only pedal down events do toggle. Here's my dream: play the chord, hit the pedal and freeze, sing or play freely, hit the pedal again and unfreeze - Partials goes silent. Play some different notes, sing a bit maybe... OK, notes right: re-freeze!, keep singing freely...

This operating mode would save me from having to keep my foot on the sustain pedal once I find a set of notes that work. Trying to clap, strike or sing at the right distance from the mike to make Partials happy is not trivial already, even without the additional 'don't lift your foot' limitation.

Last edited by juan_r; 06-07-2023 at 07:48 PM.
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 11:57 PM   #1263
TonE

Quote:
Yes pleaseee. You deserve all the support 🥹

I am okay with either embedding the youtube video or linking the reapertips article. Whatever is better for you~
I think youtube embed would be nice as it wouldn't take people away from the page.
Hey friend, cool music at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn2lfqXs0yc#t=1m40s

Anywhere the full version for enjoyment? Thanks for your cool videos.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:58 AM   #1264
Alez156

Quote:
Hey friend, cool music at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn2lfqXs0yc#t=1m40s

Anywhere the full version for enjoyment? Thanks for your cool videos.
hai hai thank you! No full version tho, I honestly just quickly put together a demo with some loops from Slate Midnight Sample Pack.

This track uses some of the loops! → https://soundcloud.com/user-77173500...ve-sample-pack
Old 06-09-2023, 03:11 PM   #1265
sai'ke

Quote:
For example, my favorite preset "Guitar-like [Audio input]" has an Am chord (A C E C E) pre-played, so to say: It glows in the onboard keyboard. I would like to try different combinations, for example a cluster of all 12 pitches in an octave, so all notes have a fair chance to resonate depending on the material. Sonically, doing so kind of re-synthesizes the input signal rather than vocoding it. How can I create and save such a personalized preset?
Right now Partials is limited to 5 note polyphony for performance reasons. While it is technically possible to add more, I expect the performance to get pretty bad when using more than that, especially in time domain mode.

Quote:
I'm dreaming of a special "toggle freeze/unfreeze" programmed mode for the sustain pedal, where only pedal down events do toggle. Here's my dream: play the chord, hit the pedal and freeze, sing or play freely, hit the pedal again and unfreeze - Partials goes silent. Play some different notes, sing a bit maybe... OK, notes right: re-freeze!, keep singing freely...

This operating mode would save me from having to keep my foot on the sustain pedal once I find a set of notes that work. Trying to clap, strike or sing at the right distance from the mike to make Partials happy is not trivial already, even without the additional 'don't lift your foot' limitation.
This is relatively easy. Just plug this JSFX I quickly cobbled up in front of it: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jo...ain_Latch.jsfx
It converts sustain presses into a toggle state. Then set the play mode to audio mode with midi input and you should be all set.

Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems youtube's readme markdown doesn't support HTML, making it not possible for me to embed the videos directly. I've added both a link to reapertips and an image that leads to the youtube videos.

Last edited by sai'ke; 06-09-2023 at 03:57 PM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 05:20 PM   #1266
juan_r

Quote:
Right now Partials is limited to 5 note polyphony for performance reasons. While it is technically possible to add more, I expect the performance to get pretty bad when using more than that, especially in time domain mode.
Oh, right, I see. It actually crossed my mind that 12 notes could be a few too many, but I didn't verify how many voices were resonating. A cluster of 5 adjacent semitones already changes the output into a non-chord sound.

Quote:
This is relatively easy. Just plug this JSFX I quickly cobbled up in front of it: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jo...ain_Latch.jsfx
It converts sustain presses into a toggle state. Then set the play mode to audio mode with midi input and you should be all set.
Great help, Saike, thank you! One little glitch: in the following line
Code:
        midisend(0, $xB0, $x40, sustain * 128);
the multiplier should be 127 rather than 128.
Besides, the JSFX could be made channel-agnostic - so that it works with controllers that transmit on a channel other than 1. Here's a tentative v0.02.

Code:
desc: Saike sustain latch
tags: sustain latch
version: 0.02
author: Joep Vanlier
changelog: Initial commit
license: MIT
about:
  # Basic effect that turns sustain pedal into a toggle
changelog:
  0.01 initial release
  0.02 make channel-agnostic, fix midisend() call

@init

@slider

@block
while (
  midirecv(ts, msg1, msg2, msg3) ? (
    channel = msg1 & $x0F;
    status = msg1 & $xF0;
    ((status == $xB0) && (msg2 == $x40)) ? (
      (msg3 > 10) ? (
        sustain = (1.0 - sustain);
        midisend(0, $xB0 | channel, $x40, sustain * 127);
      );
    ) : (
      // Just forward all the rest
      midisend(ts, msg1, msg2, msg3);
    );
  ) : 0;
);

@sample

@gfx
gfx_x = gfx_y = 0;
gfx_set(1, 1, 1, 1);
gfx_setfont(1, "Arial", gfx_h);
gfx_printf(sustain ? "Sustaining" : "No sustain");
Old 07-30-2023, 05:34 AM   #1267
sai'ke

Quote:
Oh, right, I see. It actually crossed my mind that 12 notes could be a few too many, but I didn't verify how many voices were resonating. A cluster of 5 adjacent semitones already changes the output into a non-chord sound.
It is possible to add a few more voices, but the CPU cost will go up with it. I'd probably prefer to make it a toggle in that case.

Quote:
Great help, Saike, thank you! One little glitch: in the following line
Code:
        midisend(0, $xB0, $x40, sustain * 128);
the multiplier should be 127 rather than 128.
Besides, the JSFX could be made channel-agnostic - so that it works with controllers that transmit on a channel other than 1. Here's a tentative v0.02.
Ah yeah, good catch! I can update the one in the repo. How do you want to be credited for it? Would be nice to include your name in the amended version

In other news: just uploaded a new toy:

DD-101
A little synthesis based drum machine. I call it the DD-101 (DD stands for Dum Drums). It contains some synth-based emulations of classic drum sounds as well as some new ones.

See it in action here:

Last edited by sai'ke; 07-30-2023 at 05:40 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 05:49 AM   #1268
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Amazing!
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:38 AM   #1269
Tapio

Synthesized drums, so much needed, really amazing stuff and well thought out. I was really surprised. Haha at first reaper presented just a small area, fully black and I thought it's a super simple sample bank thing for dummies. Then I watched into the code and saw those sliders...
Tapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:36 AM   #1270
TonE

Wow, dear saike thanks for sharing DD-101 (DD stands for Dum Drums). This is a must for testing.
Let me check and read your comments in your code, how you had the idea, what concepts you used... This might start another jsfx revolution.

UPDATE:
First observation, Kick Decay seems not to have any effect on the sound here.
At first start it played here Noise, then, after clicking somewhere or so, sound went to normal.
Wonderful clap and clap decay range!
Wonderful toms!
What a rimshot!
What else one can want? Thanks a lot friend.
Nothing can beat those shiny LEDs.

Last edited by TonE; 07-31-2023 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2023, 10:40 PM   #1271
rafa1981

Wow, this one looks amazing. Good job!
rafa1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 12:07 AM   #1272
TonE

"DD-101
A little synthesis based drum machine."

I guess this is stereo out "only" currently?
8 stereo out or 12 stereo out version could be next then.

Dear saike, not sure if you checked any faust 2 jsfx models yet. Maybe worth including some of those models here as well, or their interesting bits and parts only. If possible and not too difficult.

I tried this for example. You can easily convert any faust model to jsfx via command line, see here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=18
Old 08-01-2023, 04:54 AM   #1273
TonE

Quote:
First observation, Kick Decay seems not to have any effect on the sound here.
Or one needs to listen or measure carefully to hear those subtle changes.

What a kick in preset Filth! Noice. Thanks master guru without meditation saike!
Doink preset kick has its bassline included, if you have no time for a bassline.

Last edited by TonE; 08-01-2023 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2023, 11:12 PM   #1274
Tapio

Hi, when I disable the snare via klick on name, on the next hit it still plays a short attack part. When I enable it at some point again, only on first hit, a bit of the attack is missing.
Side note: anyone knowing a minimal tool to create polyrhythms? E.g., MIDI Sequencer Megababy cannot do this. I know I can do it with e.g. Hy-Plugins Seqs, but maybe there is some JS possibility.
Tapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 02:04 PM   #1275
sai'ke

Thanks for the nice comments guys

Quote:
I guess this is stereo out "only" currently?
8 stereo out or 12 stereo out version could be next then.
Multi-out has been added in a recent update.

Quote:
Dear saike, not sure if you checked any faust 2 jsfx models yet. Maybe worth including some of those models here as well, or their interesting bits and parts only. If possible and not too difficult.
I've heard about it, and it's pretty neat, but I haven't had a chance to look at it in detail yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapio View Post
Hi, when I disable the snare via klick on name, on the next hit it still plays a short attack part. When I enable it at some point again, only on first hit, a bit of the attack is missing.
Should be fixed in v0.09.

Quote:
Side note: anyone knowing a minimal tool to create polyrhythms? E.g., MIDI Sequencer Megababy cannot do this. I know I can do it with e.g. Hy-Plugins Seqs, but maybe there is some JS possibility.
Not that I'm aware of.
Old 08-03-2023, 04:47 AM   #1276
TonE

Quote:
Side note: anyone knowing a minimal tool to create polyrhythms? E.g., MIDI Sequencer Megababy cannot do this.
Of course. There are 3 solutions, I know, 2 jsfx, 1 vst from pure data.

1. pure data vst first. Euklid.
2. jsfx: Euclidean patterns, see https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=94325
3. jsfx: Euclidean sequencer, almost same as 2, but with visuals below. Maybe there are more differences, did not check the code.

For 1 I shared presets in stash, extracted pattern data from some paper with various international patterns (African, Bulgarian, Turkish ...). see https://stash.reaper.fm/v/37847/vst-Euklid.ini
Good luck friend. Nr 1, allows two pitches programming, e.g. kick vs. snare, or closed hh vs. open hh. Jsfx variants allow only 1 pitch, but you can use as many as you want, then saving as track template or fx chain.

Last edited by TonE; 08-03-2023 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added two links
Old 08-03-2023, 06:43 AM   #1277
juan_r

Quote:
1. pure data vst first. Euklid.
2. jsfx: Euclidean patterns
3. jsfx: Euclidean sequencer, almost same as 2, but with visuals below. Maybe there are more differences, did not check the code.

For 1 I shared presets in stash, extracted pattern data from some paper with various international patterns (African, Bulgarian, Turkish ...).
Good luck friend. Nr 1, allows two pitches programming, e.g. kick vs. snare, or closed hh vs. open hh. Jsfx variants allow only 1 pitch, but you can use as many as you want, then saving as track template or fx chain.
Great news and great reply, @TonE! Thank you. Could you please link the jsfx (and maybe your presets in the Stash)?
Old 08-03-2023, 07:39 AM   #1278
Cosmic

Dum Drums in AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Also..it is by far the best looking plugin Ive ever seen and the way it wobbles when you hit a drum. INCREDIBLE!

Thanks you so much man. These are beautiful instruments you are making

In fact I'm gonna do a whole EP with just your instruments ..and reasamplomatic

Last edited by Cosmic; 08-03-2023 at 07:48 AM.
Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:23 AM   #1279
danerius

This sounds so amazing saike. Big, big, big, big thanks

Dont know if its just me not getting it but the only midi to audio that is making sounds is the kick. Ive tried reassigning and assigning the sounds to midi keys but nothing works?

Best regards /Bo

Quote:

DD-101
A little synthesis based drum machine. I call it the DD-101 (DD stands for Dum Drums). It contains some synth-based emulations of classic drum sounds as well as some new ones.

See it in action here:
danerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:59 AM   #1280
juan_r

Hello Saike,
another nifty creation! Thanks again... and again... and again.

I wonder: what are the 4 small squares (macropixels?) under the pads?
Maybe a tooltip could be appropriate?