Old 02-12-2019, 02:29 AM   #1
vinx
Human being with feelings

Default Markers thru oscii bot

Hello

I have two machines running, one laptop with reaper running backing tracks/ loops, and one pc rack running reaper for LiveFX mixing (voice fx, instruments).
I'd like the reaper "tracks" to send markers name/number (when cursor reach one on the timeline) to oscii bot, which send a goto marker to LiveFX reaper, with arbitrary number.
Eg: Reaper "tracks " play and reach a marker named "Verse"
oscii bot match and send a "goto marker 1" to LiveFX reaper
Then when Reaper "tracks " reach a marker named "Chorus"
oscii-bot match and send a "goto marker 2" to LiveFX reaper

I'm not a scripter but so far I've managed to edit osc template to only send markers info, and I've written a simple oscii-bot script (using example) that send a fixed marker number each time it receives a lastmarker osc message.
What I miss is the code to select match depending the marker number (or better, marker's name).

Here's the script:

// Marker configuration file

@input DAW_Reaper OSC "localhost:9000" // Input from DAW (Reaper)
@output LiveFX_Reaper OSC "localhost:8000" // Output to LiveFX machine (Reaper)

@init

@oscmsg

oscmatch("/lastmarker/number/str") ? // if marker x is last marker
(
oscsend(LiveFX_Reaper, "i/marker", 1); // send goto marker 1

);

Any one to provide the missing code?

So far I've tried without success:
oscmatch("/lastmarker/number/str") && oscparm(s) == 10 // if marker 10 is last marker

Thanks
vinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:47 AM   #2
mschnell

Why do you want to use OSC and not just Midi (OK, I suppose there is a way to send Midi via TCP/IP, but I did not do that yet).

What is the running track supposed to do when it reaches a Marker, and how do you want to make it do that ? Does it generate an OSC message when reaching a Marker already by default ?

What do you think the "slaved" Reaper needs to be sent to perform a jump. I know there are Actions for such in SWS, but I did not try. (And you can trigger Reaper actions as well by OSC (which I did not try) as by Midi CC messages.

(BTW.: "localhost" is the same machine. to access some other PC, you need to give an IP number. )

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 02-15-2019 at 02:28 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #3
vinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Why do you want to use OSC and not just Midi (OK, I suppose there is a way to send Midi via TCP/IP, but I did not do that yet).
I want to use osc because:
- I think it is possible (I hope my script doesn't need to much tweaking to exactly do what I want)
- Midi via RTP is not an option on this set-up because the laptop is on linux, and the rack is on windows7 with a copperlan running on it for other duties. Copperlan is not available on linux.

Quote:
What is the running track supposed to do when it reaches a Marker, and how do you want to make it do that ? Does it generate an OSC message when reaching a Marker already by default ?
Yes, it is sending a last marker message by default.

Quote:
What do you think the "slaved" Reaper needs to be sent to perform a jump. I know there are Actions for such in SWS, but I did not try. (And you can trigger Reaper actions as well by OSC (which I did not try) as by Midi CC messages.
It is actually performing a jump to the marker sent by oscii bot:
oscsend(LiveFX_Reaper, "i/marker", 1); // send goto marker 1

I'm probably not clear , sorry I'm not a native english:
the script is working, but at this state, each time my "reaper tracks" laptop send a last marker string, my reaper fx machine jump at the marker 1.
What I need is a way for oscii bot to select only markers with a predefined number (or better, name) sent by reapertracks, and to send to livefx reaper a "i,marker",x (x=1 for verse, 2 for chorus 3 for bridge, you get the idea).

Quote:
(BTW.: "localhost" is the same machine. to access some other PC, you need to give an IP number. )
It is working like that, because oscii bot is on the rack Live fx machine. Reapertracks laptop is configured (in reaper/surface control) to send osc to the rack machine IP on port 9000 (the osc template is "standard" stripped down to send only markers info).
Fx live reaper is listening on port 8000. So oscii bot is receiving on port 9000 (reaper tracks) and sending on port 8000 (Fx reaper)

Thanks
vinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:55 PM   #4
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx View Post
What I need is a way for oscii bot to select only markers with a predefined number (or better, name) sent by reapertracks, and to send to livefx reaper a "i,marker",x (x=1 for verse, 2 for chorus 3 for bridge, you get the idea).
I do get the idea, but I don't see what the problem is with programmatically setting the marker number ...

x = 7; // goto marker 7
oscsend(LiveFX_Reaper, "i/marker", x); // send goto marker x

-Michael (sorry for late answer....)
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote