Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #41
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Thank you JamesPeters for being so quick to check out the plugin! Glad to hear that you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
1) The EQ when fully expanded can be difficult to grab the frequency controls to move up/down or left/right. It limits you to moving either left/right or up/down when you grab a control (I assume based on what your first mouse movement after grabbing the control); maybe that difficulty in grabbing the control has something to do with this aspect.
You are absolutely correct in how it functions. I think there must be a way to adjust gain without touching the frequency, and this is the best I've come up with thus far. Difficulty grabbing the nodes could be related to the latency caused by the directional recognition. I will try to figure out if I can shorten the latency. Until I do, dragging the nodes slowly should help a bit.

Quote:
It's also a bit difficult to understand what's going on in the EQ when it's fully expanded (mostly with the mid bands, since there isn't much visual feedback for them) but I can use my ears.
I was hoping the humble color codes would be enough, but I guess I should make it more obvious. The two mid pots (whether collapsed or expanded) are just the two coloured nodes on the EQ field. Wherever you set the coloured nodes, that's what the mid pots will adjust.

Quote:
2) The IR loader seems to do something weird.
Still this?! That is a familiar IR loading issue I've been fighting against for days. I finally got it working for myself, but opening the plugin as a fresh instance is a new situation. For some reason switching the cabinets back and forth and dragging any pot may be enough to get the IR loader back on track. Oh well, more fighting for me to do then. *Sigh*

Quote:
3) I somehow managed to reset the EQ while changing between IR lengths, and I was being careful with my mouse movement.
This is a new one, I have to start investigating. Might be related to the plugin not refreshing properly when changing the IR window size.

Thanks again for the feedback! Your testing is very valuable, as always.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #42
JamesPeters

Glad to help! It's the least I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
I was hoping the humble color codes would be enough, but I guess I should make it more obvious. The two mid pots (whether collapsed or expanded) are just the two coloured nodes on the EQ field. Wherever you set the coloured nodes, that's what the mid pots will adjust.
I took a screen shot of the EQ (attached). I now realize what you mean about those colors. However there are 4 other nodes on the graph too, which don't show an EQ shape for what they're doing. And if I move them a bit too far left/right they might distract me from the 2 nodes you're referring to (the ones that the knobs control). I also don't know if those are to represent the upper/lower bandwidth limits of the 4 controls, or if they're more bands. Adjusting the low shelf makes intuitive sense due to seeing a low shelf change size/position. The other nodes though, I definitely need to use my ears for. If I collapse the EQ to the 4-knob mode then adjust, then expand the EQ again, things are easier for me to visualize. But currently it seems tricky for me to use the EQ when expanded.

Edit: I think I understand how the EQ works now. I did have to think about it. Every time I expand the EQ to adjust it, I still have to get my bearings though.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 07-03-2020 at 12:11 PM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #43
mrelwood

I see your point. The EQ started as a regular fixed frequency graphic EQ, and it seems that's still what I see when I look at this. But I understand it's not what others see.

I guess a graph of the resulting EQ would help with visualizing the behaviour?
Old 01-25-2020, 08:02 PM   #44
JamesPeters

That would probably help, but maybe something simpler than that would be fine. If there's a way of indicating which of the nodes are for what (maybe a "zone" that's highlighted between nodes, or a label, or a common color for the nodes that are associated with one another)...whatever makes sense for the amount of screen space, I guess.

In ReEQ, there's a "pop up" info area for the node when you hover over it. Maybe that idea would work.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:49 PM   #45
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
If there's a way of indicating which of the nodes are for what (maybe a "zone" that's highlighted between nodes, or a label, or a common color for the nodes that are associated with one another)...
The frequency is shown on the node, and the gain is shown at the top bar. Not sure if a separate hover box or info box would be any better.

Let's see how you guys like the graph first (The graph follows the node locations, which duck eachother. The actual EQ of course doesn't do that. Will fix the graph later.):

http://b.link/mrelwood_BAMP_0v76

PS. I may finally have gotten the IR loader issue solved! The tweeter IR was corrupted. Seems to work now with a new render of the IR.

Last edited by mrelwood; 01-26-2020 at 12:32 AM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #46
JamesPeters

IR loader issue is resolved, thanks!

The new EQ display makes it much easier to get a handle on what I'm doing. I like it.

I noticed something a bit odd, not a show-stopper though. If the EQ area display were left expanded when saving a preset, the EQ settings will look as though they were reset when I open Bamp and recall that preset. If I click on any control (or the EQ area label to expand/contract the area) it then shows the saved EQ settings again.
Old 05-28-2021, 07:53 AM   #47
Bombs'n'Away

I assume we cannot expect any further updates of this great plugin, can we?
I like it a lot but I am having some troubles saving presets, too (they save and load but controls don't automatically adjust to what had been saved) and I also had some minor dropouts here and there which I cannot recreate in a controlled fashion hence not knowing why exactly they occured.
I would definitely pay for a bug free and revised official version 1.0! Thanks for the great work!
Bombs'n'Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #48
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombs'n'Away View Post
I like it a lot but I am having some troubles saving presets, too (they save and load but controls don't automatically adjust to what had been saved) and I also had some minor dropouts here and there which I cannot recreate in a controlled fashion hence not knowing why exactly they occured.
I would definitely pay for a bug free and revised official version 1.0! Thanks for the great work!
As he is always busy & last posted on the forums in March, I don`t think this plugin is moribund yet.
Old 05-29-2021, 11:36 PM   #49
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombs'n'Away View Post
You silly goose, of course we can! My (lack of any and all) release schedule is rather long winded though, so instead of days or weeks like with Reaper itself, new releases for bug fixes may take me months and years... But I have full intention of polishing the BAMP, as I’m not perfectly happy with the sounds just yet. And the input drive modes for example are mostly just an embarrassment at the moment. At the moment I’m concentrating on AmpEra though. I haven’t yet achieved my regular summer state, so I don’t yet have as much energy that I usually do this time of year.

Quote:
I like it a lot but I am having some troubles saving presets, too (they save and load but controls don't automatically adjust to what had been saved)
This is important to hear, thanks for letting me know! I tend to miss preset related issues, since I barely use them myself at all. But an issue like this sure needs to be fixed!

Quote:
I also had some minor dropouts here and there which I cannot recreate in a controlled fashion hence not knowing why exactly they occured.
Uh-oh. My guess is though that the plugin graphics and animations might use much more of the JS memory space than what the JS plugin environment was designed for. That’s why minor drop outs could be an issue when interacting with the plugin, and especially when opening or closing the panels. If that’s the case, I’m afraid all I can do is to suggest that you refrain from using the collapsing panels altogether. Actually, maybe there should be a checkbox for the option?

Quote:
Thanks for the nice words, but a bug free version is something I can’t promise, or even expect, by a long shot. I’m kind of a newbie hobbyist when it comes to coding, and most of the hours I spend on coding is to make the code do what I actually intended in the first place. If any of my plugins ends up being bug free, as a scientific mind I’m forced to call it destiny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
As he is always busy & last posted on the forums in March, I don`t think this plugin is moribund yet.
Memento mori - Remember that all plugins’ life cycle ends at some point...
You’re right though, we ain’t seen all of BAMP just yet! Hang on tight, a new version will be at your fingertips any year now!
Old 05-24-2022, 10:27 AM   #50
JonLinnarson

When you get some time to work on this again, I think I've found a new bug (at least new for me) with BAMP: sometimes when I open a saved project and open the FX-chain for the bass track with BAMP on, all of the controls and text in BAMP are crushed together to the right of the GUI and it's not possible to click on anything (or see anything in the mess for that matter). The only way to get it back to normal is to delete the instance and open a new one. This has only happened two times so far and I don't know exactly why it happens, only that it happens when I save, quit and open a project again.

I was in a session when this happened last time so I didn't grab a screenshot, but I will if it happens again.

I read earlier in the thread that you've been struggling a bit with the distortion modes. IMO the first three ones are more than enough, they just have to sound great (which they do ).

BAMP is really a superb plug-in for rock bass tones! I've been using the SVT-VR amps in Amplitube 4/5, the bass amps in Softube Amp Room, Neural DSP Darkglass and Parallax, Plugin Alliance Ampeg SVT-VR Classic etc but this plug-in usually beats all of them in the mix. It's maybe not perfect, but it sure does sound great!
JonLinnarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 09:57 PM   #51
sonicman

Quote:
Hi mate- hope your health has improved. The above link is dead. Is there a newer version out now?
sonicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 04:26 AM   #52
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicman View Post
Hi mate- hope your health has improved. The above link is dead. Is there a newer version out now?
Thanks! I’m actually doing slightly better now, but there are definitely difficult aspects to this disease that I just have to get used to. No way around that.

There is a newer version, BAMP 0.90! I’m redoing my website right now, and will be including the new BAMP with a plethora of new plugins as well, all downloadable in a single .zip! I will announce the new page hopefully tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Old 09-07-2023, 09:36 PM   #53
sonicman

Quote:
Thanks! I’m actually doing slightly better now, but there are definitely difficult aspects to this disease that I just have to get used to. No way around that.

There is a newer version, BAMP 0.90! I’m redoing my website right now, and will be including the new BAMP with a plethora of new plugins as well, all downloadable in a single .zip! I will announce the new page hopefully tomorrow. Stay tuned!
I am glad you are slightly better. That is a satisfying achievement no doubt!!

Can't wait to see the revamp!! Thanks for replying.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:11 AM   #54
mrelwood

The website overhaul is now at a point where I have decided to publish the new mrelwood PluginPack v1.00!!!

The pack includes several new plugins, and major updates to most of the old ones. There are no descriptions at all for the plugins just yet though, so you'll have to play it by ear for now. I'll keep updating the web page in the following days.

Happy plugining!

https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins
Old 09-10-2023, 05:17 AM   #55
sonicman

Quote:
The website overhaul is now at a point where I have decided to publish the new mrelwood PluginPack v1.00!!!

The pack includes several new plugins, and major updates to most of the old ones. There are no descriptions at all for the plugins just yet though, so you'll have to play it by ear for now. I'll keep updating the web page in the following days.

Happy plugining!

https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins

LOVE it and very glad to hear you are a bit better. I thought I replied already but must have closed the tab...

I downloaded the new zip. Thank you!!!