Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-21-2014, 04:12 AM   #1
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Default GRM tools crash on removing them

Just brought the full GRMtools and after looking through all the posts, I was wondering if they ever got back to you Schwa?

The problem that I have with them is slightly different. I have reaper set to not run FX when stopped and this causes issues with GRMtools (and only GRMtools) whereby removing a GRM plugin causes reaper to "crash" the "unload.dll" that GRMtools uses which is normally not that bad as everything still works but occasionally it will hang reaper. Turing on reaper's option to "Run fx when stopped" solves this but they are teh only plugins that need that options so..

..my question is, do you think this is something for you guys to have a look at or should I get in contact with the dev(s) there? They are the only plugins I have that do this so it's probably not your fault at all!

I'm running reaper 64bit on win8.1 for reference.

The errors I get vary a little depending on the plugin I remove.

One error is with "reaper_host64.exe" and tells me about an error in an instruction in reference memory at the address "0x805781c0" and that the "memory couldn't be written. Click OK to terminate the program".

On clicking it, reaper seems to be fine and carries on as normal.

What's really weird is I was getting another proper inside reaper crash on that host64bit but since the latest pre (4.61rc1) I can't get it to crash in that way anymore which is great!

The other thing is, half of them disappear behind reapers arrange (when reaper is in full screen mode) unless you "pin" them. I'm starting to think GRM have just wrapped their 32bit plugins and that's what is causing these issues!

Any ideas of comments or should I go straight to them?