Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #521
DeBased
Human being with feelings

To answer my own Q (now that I just got hold of one) - very low. Seems to be only about 16 pulses per revolution (can that be right? Behringer's BC series are meant to be 96!)

I also can't get the csurf plugin to show up in Reaper, wasn't this fixed already? This is on Win 8.1 x64, Reaper 4.731, Automap 4.8. It's just not listed, tried reinstalling, no change. Any ideas?
DeBased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #522
DeBased

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBased View Post
I also can't get the csurf plugin to show up in Reaper, wasn't this fixed already? This is on Win 8.1 x64, Reaper 4.731, Automap 4.8. It's just not listed, tried reinstalling, no change. Any ideas?
Ah, I misread that the installer was a combined x86/x64 installer, so I was just running (it turns out) the 32bit one.

But the x64 installer is bugged - the install path always defaults to the 32bit Reaper dir, so if you don't pay attention, again you won't see it (that was probably happening to some people here)...
DeBased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #523
brockorama

Padre PC I love this plug with Reaper and Novation Zero MkII , with only one caveat.

As a guitar player, would it be difficult to implement the Expression cc#11 with the .dll? It would be easier to implement wah wah in Novation automap.

Switching to user and assigning a control seems hit and miss for me. I just prefer assigning faders and rotaries with your implementation, and if the Expression was added it would be great. Thanks for any thoughts to this.
brockorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #524
Salem Beats

I found a bug that doesn't seem to have been reported before:

When using more than one compatible controller simultaneously (specifically, an SL MKII and a Nocturn),
the CSurf locks up REAPER when scanning control surfaces and seems to take Automap down with it.

I've been using this plugin successfully for almost 2 years now with my SL MKII.
Only recently discovered this fatal bug after adding a Nocturn to my set-up for some extra plug-in control.

Padre -- Any ideas for a relatively quick fix?

-Ki
Salem Beats
Salem Beats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:05 AM   #525
yofi

Probably being really very very stupid, but I'm on osx. I downloaded the osx csurf plugin but what I get is a folder with a bunch of files in it. Just where exactly do I put it? I've looked at the thread and some people have also asked but there wasn't an answer

Thanks in advance

S
Old 04-19-2015, 02:19 PM   #526
fundorin
Banned

Hi, everyone.

I was trying to adopt this plugin for four years and didn't get the results which would satisfy me. After several first attempts I've switched to manual midi mapping in so called "advanced" mode of my sl remote 25. This means absolutely np feedback from onboard LEDs and LCD, which is sucks alot.
Recently I've bought myself SL 61 MkII and really don't want to get into manual mapping of 9 layout pages again, so I've tried give Padre's plugin one more chance. Had different issues configuring it, so I wrote a message to one of the forum members who had a great success using this plugin for years. I've also wrote another private message to Padre. Both were left without answer.

So, now I want to ask any experienced user for help here.

First thing is that I don't like any of the mappings that was provided with the plugin. Had difficult times adopting them one by one but wasn't very happy with any of them.
Second thing is that this plugin doesn't have "offset track" option in settings, so when swithing between tracks in Reaper's track view with encoder, I'm always selecting master track by accident.
Third is that "Auto-Detect" option in setup either gives me an error or hangs Reaper, so I was never able to get auto-names displayed properly with any computer setup that I had through all this years.

So I've decided to compile the DLL file myself from source with edited layout, that will suite my need, by just switching strings of one of the existing laouyts. Or, maybe, even add a functionality when plugin will take layouts and settings from an external map file (plain text) on boot, like Klinke's plugin does. In this case, any necessary changes to layouts could be made by simply editing the text file in Notepad. Some experienced user could even made a GUI editor for this files, like the one that Novation provides for the "advanced" mode.

The problem is that I can't compile the dll. It always gives me an error. I've tried different versions of Visual Studio. Different versions of Automap SDK. I've added new versions of reaper_plugin_functions.h and reaper_plugin.h to Reaper Extension SDK without positive result at all. I've also didn't find 64 bit project settings in Visual Studio. Only 32 bit versions of Debug and Release.

So, I'm curious if any of you had a success compiling original or edited DLL of Padre's plugin for all this years?

P.S. I must mention that I'm not a programmer myself. The only thing I've ever programmed is a diy midi controller based on Arduino IDE. Anyway, I really want to have a working ubermixer out of my mkii for Reaper, so I'm asking here for help. Thanks in advance.

UPD. I was inattentive about the version of the source code. It's only 81 vs 137 version of the compiled plugins, which makes the whole idea of compiling edited version of plugin pointless.
BTW, did anyone had a chance to contact Padre_PC about this issue?

Last edited by fundorin; 04-19-2015 at 04:23 PM.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:26 AM   #527
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry-S View Post
I have a Novation 25SL MKii and I love the unit but have also found that Reaper and it can be a little annoying.

Will this .dll help me as I obviously use Automap Pro on mine?

Thanks
Hey Oscar! Are you still using your 25 SL MK II with Reaper? I just got one yesterday and I'm new to all this.

If you're still using it is it working well? If not, is there a better 25 key controller you'd recommend?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic

Last edited by SEA; 08-06-2016 at 08:14 AM.
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:01 AM   #528
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry P View Post
Well, no luck with the updates of Reaper and the latest CSurf with the Zero SL MkII...although I can assign consecutive tracks to be controlled by each Zero Fader, I want to be able to assign non-consecutive tracks to the faders...but AutoMap won't allow it.
Hey Gerry P! Are you still using the SL MK II? I just picked up the 25 SL MK II and using Reaper 5.22 and loaded Automap 4.10.

So I was going to try Padre PC but wondered if it works with the latest version of Reaper.

I was also looking into fundorin MIDI Feedback and see if that works better or not.

Here's the link to his thread.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=159236

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #529
TTRESHH

Someone knows, how to reassign default Padre's mapping, and so it will be permament, and don't missing any time?

Last edited by TTRESHH; 02-10-2017 at 11:02 AM.
TTRESHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #530
fundorin
Banned

I need a volunteer to test out an alpha version of my CSurf plugin for Novation SL MkII. PM me to get it. Win x64 only.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #531
Tim Rideout

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundorin View Post
I need a volunteer to test out an alpha version of my CSurf plugin for Novation SL MkII. PM me to get it. Win x64 only.
Hi Fundorin and all,

What a find this thread has been - I have taken an entire morning to research, read, and install the plugin. It is light years ahead of the default HUI. Thank you so much to Padre!

Is this project still under development!

I can confirm that it is working for me using automap 4 and a Zero SL MK2...

T
Old 03-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #532
bmanic

Is this project still alive?

I can see quite a few cheap Novation Nocturn controllers on the used market. The older SL MK1 and especially MK2 keyboards are now also flooding the market as Novation just came out with the new mk3.

So any news on this project?

@Fundorin: Do you still need tester for CSurf alpha for SL Mk2? I've got one of those and am interested in helping.
bmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:33 PM   #533
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Is this project still alive?
I understand it's more or less going to be replaced by "CSI" (see the "Control Surfaces" subforum).

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #534
profquad

sorry I'm new to control surfaces and having one hell of a time getting it working. I got the novation zero SLMkII and briefly used the HUI (partial) automap. It worked pretty well, was a little annoying, but did something.
Whenever I tried to use it without autmap, the CC numbers didn't affect parameters I assigned them to.
So I found this thread and downloaded csurf automap. Followed the instructions included, but I just don't see it listed when I add a control surface.
profquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:12 PM   #535
mschnell

Welcome to the Reaper forums !

As said in the post above yours....
The "Control Surface" subforum is the better place to discuss these appropriate issues.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote