Old 11-27-2019, 12:58 AM   #1
babag
Human being with feelings

Default script or action to fill silence?

i'm trying out the auto trim/split items (remove silence) action and really liking it but have hit a wall. i want to fill the silences, the newly empty parts of the track with another sound. tried making a custom action but it was hit and miss, sometimes working sometimes not. it has to be done one gap at a time too, which is kind of a pain. is there something that will do this? something like an inverse strip silence or something to fill the empty spaces in a track??

thanks,
babag
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:47 AM   #2
X-Raym

I have scripts to split items according to items.on other tracks and to keep only silent positions. In reapack.
Best,
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
babag

hey! thanks, x. just tried the variation that splits and keeps new items at the gaps. that may do what i want. will require a couple of additional actions to go with it. will start looking for those now.

my primary track is much longer than the fill track so i'll need to find actions to:

select the item on the fill track,
set it to loop,
extend it to the end of the primary track.

edit:
almost have it but whenever i run the script it puts fades on the new items, which i don't want. is there something i can turn offr in the script? i've already set reaper to have crossfades turned off.

edit edit:
got it. preferences setting for crossfades on new items. turned that off. it must be distinct from the auto crossfade actions.

thanks again!
babag

Last edited by babag; 11-27-2019 at 01:51 PM.
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:12 PM   #4
X-Raym

Fades may from either the autocrossfade at split or the regular fades at split settings.
Try to deactivate both.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote