Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > JSFX and ReaScript Discussion

Old 06-14-2018, 01:06 PM   #241
HighVoltage
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
It is strange you see that (I thought I prevented that). You need to have installed MPL_Scripts/Functions/Various_function.lua from ReaPack (this file will keep all needed functions and in case of something will change on REAPER side or if I`ll found a bug, it will be way easy to fix only this file instead of fixing all scripts contain specific function)

EDIT ah I found that, next script updates will notify user they need MPL_Scripts/Functions/Various_function.lua need to be up-to-date if some function is missing.
installed the file, and works great, thanks
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #242
winbe

Hello,

I am totally new to RS5K manager but immediately loved it, it will replace Poise from now on.

The only thing is... I was pretty sure I was able to have a folder track, named say, DRUMS, and with KICK and SNARE children Then in each child, I have a RS5K instance.
And then, by activating the folder track, I could see all the RS5K instances, I found this was simply brilliant.

But now I can't reproduce the behavior, so I only see either the kick, or the snare, unless I put all the RS5K on the same track, which I will never do as each track will have its own EQs and comps.

Am I missing something or is this a regression in 1.52?

EDIT: ok, I read the changelog, and it could be considered a "regression", but it is now another way of organizing my tracks. All the R5SK instances must be on the same track fx, if I understand well.

Last edited by winbe; 06-22-2018 at 02:57 PM.
winbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:18 AM   #243
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
EDIT: ok, I read the changelog, and it could be considered a "regression", but it is now another way of organizing my tracks. All the R5SK instances must be on the same track fx, if I understand well.
Yes, it is all about better handling data. From 1.50 script reads MIDI only sends from parent track so you can have per-sample FX chain (it build routing when you click FX button).
Old 06-27-2018, 12:28 PM   #244
functionform

On latest rs5k manager, clicking pads in gui doesn't respect obonoff setting. always treats it as on. midi controller sends correctly as configured.

new script working pretty nice. the demo tute by reaper blog is key.

Is there a way to load the manager with obonoff defaulted to off in all pads?

Last edited by functionform; 06-28-2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: edit:another question
functionform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #245
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionform View Post
On latest rs5k manager, clicking pads in gui doesn't respect obonoff setting.
It is expected behaviour of triggering notes from ReaScript GUI. When you release mouse, it sends noteoff (CC123), otherwise you`ll get stucked notes, which can cause different problems.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #246
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
It is expected behaviour of triggering notes from ReaScript GUI. When you release mouse, it sends noteoff (CC123), otherwise you`ll get stucked notes, which can cause different problems.
Not sure exactly what your script is doing, but if it helps Theory Helper just keeps an internal table of notes that have been played and a timer for how long to play them before sending Off. I imagine you could read the ADSR values from RS5K and then send a note-off after the envelope has finished playing.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:25 PM   #247
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Not sure exactly what your script is doing, but if it helps Theory Helper just keeps an internal table of notes that have been played and a timer for how long to play them before sending Off. I imagine you could read the ADSR values from RS5K and then send a note-off after the envelope has finished playing.
Yeah, I did some kind of this for mpl_Isomorphic keyboard.lua. For RS5k manager it can be a bad thing since key can have multiple layers, some of them can be looped, have different obey note off state, etc, so I did what I did
Old 07-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #248
functionform

Thanks for the answer mpl. A quick followup, is there a way to default to obonoff false for all pads? I use this for one shots which already have well prepared tails etc.
functionform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:25 AM   #249
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionform View Post
Thanks for the answer mpl. A quick followup, is there a way to default to obonoff false for all pads? I use this for one shots which already have well prepared tails etc.
Add an option to RS5k controls menu.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #250
MusoBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusoBob View Post
With ReaPack/mpl_Snap selected notes to scale.lua
if I start with a chord that has 5 notes as I snap it to another reascale chord it might overlap notes if the new chord only has 3 notes, that's ok but if you change the chord again it looses those notes and you only have 3 notes so you can't snap to another chord with 5 notes.
I'm just wondering if there is something that can be change so it keeps the original amount of notes ?

This is what I'm trying to do:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pes9yfm864...hange.gif?dl=0

This is a bug with the newer and current versions of Reaper where when you move a note on top of another it acts as a black hole and it won't come back.
Both snap take and snap notes mpl scripts worked fine on 5.50

Moving Notes Under Notes

REAPER 5.92

REAPER 5.50
Attached Images
File Type: gif Notes-stack5.50.gif (33.8 KB, 51 views)
MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote